Thread: New baseball commit!

vCash

New baseball commit!

Andrew Mahoney out of Daphne, AL. What say you fellas???

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Here's an article: http://southalabama.247sports.com/Ar...014-LHP-149313

It sounds like he was really throwing well until he had Tommy John. It'll be great to have another LHP if he can recover fully.

vCash
    If we can hold on to Butch and continue to improve on offense, the sky is the limit for this program.

vCash
    All we have to do is get them to visit and they love us. Another great kid. Players most of the time come back stronger from surgery.

vCash
    Tommy John surgery typically takes 18 months to recover from- which in his case should be around January of his freshman year.

This is a good low risk high reward pick-up for us. We'll bring him along slowly and then send him to a summer league.

vCash
    I can remember about 2 years ago everyone wanted Butch's head. Funny how things change. Goes to show how little on all these sports boards and blogs our members know about baseball. Butch, I said it 5 years ago, was just as good of hire as Cohen.

Darryl Berryhill
    Class of 1963/65
    Box 13 DNF/PDS
    berr6728@bellsouth.net
    1-225-205-1499

vCash
    Nice. Talk about putting your name out there.

By they way, I agree with your comments.

vCash
    Daryl, you know more about baseball than 99% of people on here. Butch kept working and getting the pitchers he wanted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berr6728 View Post
    I can remember about 2 years ago everyone wanted Butch's head. Funny how things change. Goes to show how little on all these sports boards and blogs our members know about baseball. Butch, I said it 5 years ago, was just as good of hire as Cohen.

Darryl Berryhill
    Class of 1963/65
    Box 13 DNF/PDS

berr6728@bellsouth.net
    1-225-205-1499
    every time i talk with another state fan about sports, i am convinced that our fan base is giving usm's a run for their money for least knowledgable in the country. It is doing more to sap my msu excitement than any loss.