Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: MHSAA and NWR/St Andrews

vCash

OT: MHSAA and NWR/St Andrews

A month or so ago both St. Andrews and Northwest Rankin baseball were disqualified from the playoffs this year due to use of an ineligible player under Rule 4.10.3 (negligence of school officials to adequately check rules, regulations, and records). Not due to malicious falsification or other egregious actions.

St. Andrews went to arbitration while NWR was not allowed to seek arbitration by the Rankin County School District since RCSD was less eager to spend education funds on arbitration/legal fees for a sports programs at one of many schools in their district.

St. Andrews won their arbitration with the Arbitrator finding that disqualification from the playoffs for violation of Rule 4.10.3 is not allowed per the MHSAA handbook and is therefore arbitrary and capricious. MHSAA is limited to disciplinary probation which does not include disqualification from the playoffs for violations of Rule 4.10.3.

Mr. Hinton refuses to change the penalty imposed against Northwest Rankin in spite of the fact that it has been clearly shown that disqualification from the playoffs IS NOT ALLOWED FOR RULE 4.10.3 PER THEIR OWN HANDBOOK/GUIDELINES. This is solely because NWR did not go to arbitration.

Now I'll admit I am prejudice since I have a child on the baseball team. But putting aside any dislike you might have for NWR, is this how MHSAA operates? They appear more concerned with hiding behind their bureaucracy and pettiness, rather than doing what is right (per their own guidelines) for Students.

Any suggestions on how to bring sanity to this situation?

Archimedes
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundawg1974 View Post
    A month or so ago both St. Andrews and Northwest Rankin baseball were disqualified from the playoffs this year due to use of an ineligible player under Rule 4.10.3 (negligence of school officials to adequately check rules, regulations, and records). Not due to malicious falsification or other egregious actions.

St. Andrews went to arbitration while NWR was not allowed to seek arbitration by the Rankin County School District since RCSD was less eager to spend education funds on arbitration/legal fees for a sports programs at one of many schools in their district.

St. Andrews won their arbitration with the Arbitrator finding that disqualification from the playoffs for violation of Rule 4.10.3 is not allowed per the MHSAA handbook and is therefore arbitrary and capricious. MHSAA is limited to disciplinary probation which does not include disqualification from the playoffs for violations of Rule 4.10.3.

Mr. Hinton refuses to change the penalty imposed against Northwest Rankin in spite of the fact that it has been clearly shown that disqualification from the playoffs IS NOT ALLOWED FOR RULE 4.10.3 PER THEIR OWN HANDBOOK/GUIDELINES. This is solely because NWR did not go to arbitration.

Now I'll admit I am prejudice since I have a child on the baseball team. But putting aside any dislike you might have for NWR, is this how MHSAA operates? They appear more concerned with hiding behind their bureaucracy and pettiness, rather than doing what is right (per their own guidelines) for Students.

It might have to do with the fact Mr. Choke Job himself has had repeated MHSAA rule violations in the past 15 years ranging from illegal players to illegal practices.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WinningIsRelentless View Post
    It might have to do with the fact Mr. Choke Job himself has had repeated MHSAA rule violations in the past 15 years ranging from illegal players to illegal practices.
    If you are referring to McClaskey, I've had two children go through the program back-to-back and I can guarantee there have been no illegal players (prior to this incident) nor illegal practices in the last 10 years. The chokes are subjective. Again, I said putting aside any dislike....

vCash
    Lol, this is idiotic

vCash
    Take on the legal fees as parents?

Use St Andrew's lawyer.

You have a precedent.

Of course you'll have to have the stones to defy RCSD.
    Last edited by ScottH; 04-08-2017 at 11:39 PM.

vCash
    I bet you believe that the Russians hacked the Presidential election and that 9/11 was an inside job. A State fan calling anyone "choke jobs" is ironic to say the least.

Typical redneck mentality letting your bias cloud your judgment on a well thought out and organized question.
    Last edited by Jacksondevildog; 04-09-2017 at 07:06 AM.

vCash
    Contact Mike Hurst at the http://www.mspolicy.org/about/view_s...hp?entryID=414

He maybe able to help you or tell you where to go..... for help.

vCash

Know that if you tell a story and leave out an element, like an admitted recruiting violation, you actually aren't seeking informed suggestions.

vCash
    There were no recruiting violations accused or admitted in the MHSAA case with NWR, so I am still seeking informed suggestions. I left out nothing to my best knowledge.

Archimedes
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    Know that if you tell a story and leave out an element, like an admitted recruiting violation, you actually aren't seeking informed suggestions.
    Ding ding ding we have a winner and like I said in my prior post it isn't his first or even second run in with this over the last 15 years.

vCash
    Again---you are not correct and appear to have an agenda.

vCash
    There were no recruiting violations accused or admitted in the MHSAA case with NWR, so I am still seeking informed suggestions. I left out nothing to my best knowledge.
    I understand you may not be aware that the issue was recruiting and not eligibility. Sorry I made it sound that way. It was an issue that amounted to a recruiting violation.

vCash
    Nwr broke the rules. They should sit. As should St. Andrews.

vCash
    It was a violation of the Tracy Echols rule.

vCash
    There was no recruiting violation in the paperwork, accusations, or discussions. Only eligibility.

vCash
    Again---you are not correct and appear to have an agenda.
    Is your point that you have presented all of the facts?

Archimedes
    vCash
    There was no recruiting violation in the paperwork, accusations, or discussions. Only eligibility.
    The only eligibility issues that can arise in high school is: grades, has exhausted eligibility or because said player was recruited.

vCash
    Eligibility issues can arise when a player transfers from a private school at the start of the season and a game was played at the private school. Private schools feel no urge to respond to MHSAA paperwork. Slightly different versions of this is what happened to both St Andrews and NWR. These are violations of Rule 4.10.3. NWR called MHSAA and received the proper eligibility paperwork. Again, nothing about recruitment. See top of email for Ruke 4.10.3 which was deemed violated.

vCash

Sucks, but cheating has consequences. I just feel bad for all the players that followed the rules.

What actually took place for the sanctions?

vCash
    Your new superintendent is going to kill sports in RCSD. You missed your chance in 2011 when there was a valid threat to split off NWR pays 65% of the taxes in RCSD - you could have been another Clinton.

But if you think NWR has run a clean program for 15 years, I have a bridge to sell you. It would not be hyperbole to state that Northwest Rankin has one of the dirtiest high school athletic programs in the state. Your former athletic director was running drugs for goodness sake.