Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Basketball transfers starting (NOT OURS)

vCash

Basketball transfers starting (NOT OURS)

Virginia has 3 -- Darius Thompson (guard), marial shayok (guard), and jarred rueter (forward).

Duke -- chase jeter (forward)

I'm sure there are many more, but these are from high profile basketball schools. Should we pursue any?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Virginia has 3 -- Darius Thompson (guard), marial shayok (guard), and jarred rueter (forward).

Duke -- chase jeter (forward)

I'm sure there are many more, but these are from high profile basketball schools. Should we pursue any?
    Don't have much room 7, unless we process more people than Strugg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Don't have much room 7, unless we process more people than Strugg.
    I don't know a lot about Virginia's, but you make room for a guy like jeter. I doubt we could get jeter though

vCash
    Only a legit post player- but I think we are maxed out

Spoon
    Peters
    Kegler
    Holman
    Ado

Lil Spoon
    Carter
    X-Man
    Lil Brooks
    Herard

Wright
    Datcher
    Feazell

We's have to cut Wright or Datcher to bring someone in for next season

vCash
    What about Robert Woodards son. Isn't he a Sr next year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    What about Robert Woodards son. Isn't he a Sr next year
    yes- he is a 2018 signee

vCash
    Heck wright was our most consistent player toward the end of the year. No way I would cut him

vCash
    Early return say we won't have any transfers. I think we are in great shape for next year

Banned
    vCash
    We don't have a trim the fat type player this year right now imo. Wright wasn't close to our 12-13th man by the end of the year and Datcher showed more than any of us expected this year from him. He's got better hands than Herard for damn sure just isn't as big.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    We don't have a trim the fat type player this year right now imo. Wright wasn't close to our 12-13th man by the end of the year and Datcher showed more than any of us expected this year from him. He's got better hands than Herard for damn sure just isn't as big.
    I'd call up chase jeter (5* #15 player in country last season and he's 6'10") and make him tell us no. I wouldn't pursue a transfer unless he's elite

vCash
    Would like for use to go after Jeter just based on he played at Duke. I like keeping up and pulling for them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by civildawg View Post
    Heck wright was our most consistent player toward the end of the year. No way I would cut him
    Had exact same thought

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'd call up chase jeter (5* #15 player in country last season and he's 6'10") and make him tell us no. I wouldn't pursue a transfer unless he's elite
    Jeter isn't elite. Jeter in 2yrs at Duke has shown absolutely nothing on a team starved for post play. He's been out of HS for 2yrs time to look at what he's done in college which is absolutely nothing. Just for the record he's headed back to the West Coast.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Rumor that we are close to offering one of two kids in the Jackson area for this incoming class. That would mean we are losing someone else. Don't know who for sure, but I've heard it could be someone with a history of narcolepsy. Now, this is not me predicting we lose him because it doesn't make sense for him to go, I'm just passing along what I ve heard. I do know that he and one other were close to leaving at Christmas though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    Rumor that we are close to offering one of two kids in the Jackson area for this incoming class. That would mean we are losing someone else. Don't know who for sure, but I've heard it could be someone with a history of narcolepsy. Now, this is not me predicting we lose him because it doesn't make sense for him to go, I'm just passing along what I ve heard. I do know that he and one other were close to leaving at Christmas though.
    I've actually heard this also but was hoping it was a bad rumor or we would have someone talk some sense into him and things would level out. Still hoping that's the case

vCash
    That better be a bad rumor. We cannot lose him next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    Who are the Jackson kids?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifyouonlyknew View Post
    Jeter isn't elite. Jeter in 2yrs at Duke has shown absolutely nothing on a team starved for post play. He's been out of HS for 2yrs time to look at what he's done in college which is absolutely nothing. Just for the record he's headed back to the West Coast.
    For some reason, I thought he was a true freshman this season. Yeah, his performance this year as a sophomore definitely takes the "elite" tag off i gave him

Banned
    vCash
    Hope Peters stays he has a ton of upside

vCash
    Early in the years there were rumors MK wasn't happy. Any truth to that and if so, has it changed?