Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the damn bats?????

vCash

Where are the damn bats?????

KP pitched a great game against a very good team at their house. Giving up only 3 runs on 4 hits, k'ing 13 with only two free passes! Had two mistakes, the second HR was a hitters dream pitch. Don't do that again. I hope that the Pigs pitchers were their studs because we sucked at the plate. I'm no thanks writing the season off but we better swing those bats.

vCash
    Arkansas pitcher is a beast, dude throws strikes and has a 30 to 1 strike to walk ratio, has heat in the mid 90's. Fact is he was just better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Arkansas pitcher is a beast, dude throws strikes and has a 30 to 1 strike to walk ratio, has heat in the mid 90's. Fact is he was just better.
    Yeah, it's not pitcher vs pitcher. It's pitcher vs other team's lineup. Our lineup can't hit good pitching and knight is good, not great

vCash
    Knight was great last night, dude throws heat and strikes, when pitchers are on they have the advantage over a hitter all day every day. I'm not disagreeing about our lack of hitting, we have a long way to go, but today we a chance of getting a win.

vCash
    We strike out way too much against any kind of pitching. If the first 19 games are any indication, this will repeat itself every Friday night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    KP pitched a great game against a very good team at their house. Giving up only 3 runs on 4 hits, k'ing 13 with only two free passes! Had two mistakes, the second HR was a hitters dream pitch. Don't do that again. I hope that the Pigs pitchers were their studs because we sucked at the plate. I'm no thanks writing the season off but we better swing those bats.
    It's just going to take some time.

vCash
    today we a chance of getting a win.
    I think we pull it out today

vCash
    This will be Plumlee's 1st action against SEC hitting. Color me nervous.

vCash
    All hope for M-State sports in 2016-17 rests with the Belle (booby) Dogs ����

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yeah, it's not pitcher vs pitcher. It's pitcher vs other team's lineup. Our lineup can't hit good pitching and knight is good, not great
    What? He has like a.67 ERA and has 1 walk this year. What does it take to be great?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tcdog70 View Post
    What? He has like a.67 ERA and has 1 walk this year. What does it take to be great?
    We've faced 3 P5 Friday guys this year. They've thrown 22.0 ip. In those 22 ip, we have...

7 h
    2 er
    36 k
    2 bb
    0.82 era
    0.41 whip
    Over 5 to 1 k's to hits

If you think it's just elite pitching, you're in for a rude awakening

Tanner houck is great. Thank God we don't face him
    Last edited by msstate7; 03-18-2017 at 12:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by coastratdog View Post
    I hope that the Pigs pitchers were their studs because we sucked at the plate.
    We have another good starter going tonight but our bullpen and Sunday starter (we dont really have one) arent very good.

vCash
    Knight was great last night, dude throws heat and strikes, when pitchers are on they have the advantage over a hitter all day every day. I'm not disagreeing about our lack of hitting, we have a long way to go, but today we a chance of getting a win.
    He was great last night bc he was facing our lineup. We look that shitty vs everybody...so is everybody just "great that night"? No, we just need to learn to hit the damn ball. Just put it in play some and force them to make throws and catches. We may need to play more small ball at this pace, and I just threw up in my mouth typing that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We've faced 3 P5 Friday guys this year. They've thrown 22.0 ip. In those 22 ip, we have...

7 h
    2 er
    36 k
    2 bb
    0.82 era
    0.41 whip
    Over 5 to 1 k's to hits

If you think it's just elite pitching, you're in for a rude awakening

Tanner houck is great. Thank God we don't face him
    Agree on all points

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    We have another good starter going tonight but our bullpen and Sunday starter (we dont really have one) arent very good.
    Your Sunday starter will set a personal record in K's tomorrow. Book it. And our fans will say "he's a great pitcher" or "he was great today" when it happens

vCash
    We are in second place with strikeouts as of right now, but we are also tied in first place with 259 strikeouts with our pitching staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Your Sunday starter will set a personal record in K's tomorrow. Book it. And our fans will say "he's a great pitcher" or "he was great today" when it happens
    And when we win some of them I'm sure our fans will still belittle our team. It's what our baseball fans do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    We are in second place with strikeouts as of right now, but we are also tied in first place with 259 strikeouts with our pitching staff.
    We're also in second place in home runs. I'm sure one of these jack wagons will point out that none of them were hit against aces on power five teams or some bullshit like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We're also in second place in home runs. I'm sure one of these jack wagons will point out that none of them were hit against aces on power five teams or some bullshit like that.
    I do believe we are making bad adjustments after seeing a guy multiple times though. I just cringe when our guys strikeout 2-3 times a game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    I do believe we are making bad adjustments after seeing a guy multiple times though. I just cringe when our guys strikeout 2-3 times a game.
    No question it's a work in process and there are issues. I know Cann sees them because he mentions them in his press conferences. At the same time there is too much of an overaction by our "fans" about it. Especially when you are taking about aces. The guy that shut us down against Oregon has 38 K's in his last three starts. Oregon still hasn't lost since we beat them. You have an Arkansas fan on here that posted how good their ace is plus Pilkington struck out 13 of their guys so does that make Arkansas shitty too?

It's just the ignorant baseball discussion that pisses me off. We hit worse against power five aces? I mean wow- we must have major problems as a program.**

And even worse now that I've defended them I'm sure we'll look even worse this weekend because that's how this shit usually goes- but my point still remains regardless.