Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Early reports on K Thompson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    No melt. Just pointing out how shitty your OL is when your LT cant get reps at LT because he has to play Center due to your lack of recruiting
    Then obviously our backup tackles are less "shitty" than our backup center by your reasoning

vCash
    If we were lining Fitz up at Slot because people were hurt MSState7 maybe would understand we have a lack of recruiting- but apparently all this is over his head

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Jenkins was injured per Dan's interview. He didn't really mention any other o-line positions besides center because he was specifically asked about center.
    So this is this out of a Mullen presser? Did Mullen say Rankin worked exclusive at center?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I'm glad he's doing well. I still want him to RS though. We need that. Hopefully someone else can be the garbage time QB.
    I'd play him. You never know when Fitz will go down and even without redshirting, he'll still be in line to start for two years.

Particularly if we land a top another top QB recruit prior to the season.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    If we were lining Fitz up at Slot because people were hurt MSState7 maybe would understand we have a lack of recruiting- but apparently all this is over his head
    Who worked at the tackle spots? Was Rankin the only one at center? Did Rankin play any other position today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Then obviously our backup tackles are less "shitty" than our backup center by your reasoning
    you have to have a guy at Center that can handle the position and make calls or your offense will be shit. Plus make the snap. Your OT's can be ****ing horrible but it doesnt matter- you have to get the snap above everything

vCash
    So this is this out of a Mullen presser? Did Mullen say Rankin worked exclusive at center?
    Yes it is out of a Mullen press conference. No, he didn't say that he worked exclusively at center but when asked the question who worked at center today "Martinas" was the first name out of his mouth so glean from that what you will. He also mentioned Elgton Jenkins at center before Moon as well.

My guess is Moon ends up at U T CHATTANOOGA with his friend Tiano before his career ends but we'll see.

vCash
    So why isnt Moon working there with the 1st group???? Rankin working there with the 1st group means Moon aint worth a ****

This is simply awful recruiting year after year
    Who said Rankin was working with the 1st group?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I'd play him. You never know when Fitz will go down and even without redshirting, he'll still be in line to start for two years.

Got to play Thompson. We dont have anybody else. Fitz helmet pops off? New QB has to come in. Play Thompson the next 2 years then he is 100% ready to start in 2019
    Last edited by Random Poster; 03-02-2017 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    Yes it is out of a Mullen press conference. No, he didn't say that he worked exclusively at center but when asked the question who worked at center today "Martinas" was the first name out of his mouth so glean from that what you will. He also mentioned Elgton Jenkins at center before Moon as well.

My guess is Moon ends up at U T CHATTANOOGA with his friend Tiano before his career ends but we'll see.
    So this melt is over the biggest troll in the sec answering questions in a presser. Jeez...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

With the new redshirt rules, my guess is we could technically redshirt him next year if he plays in four games or less if we have to play him more than four this year because of an injury to Fitz. I'm not 100% on that but it makes sense to me since every once in awhile a player would play as a true freshman and then redshirt the next year.

At any rate, the new redshirt rule will help us out immensely.

vCash
    So this melt is over the biggest troll in the sec answering questions in a presser. Jeez...
    Yep. Mentioning someone's name first means they are the starter**

Lol

vCash
    Who worked at the tackle spots? Was Rankin the only one at center? Did Rankin play any other position today?
    Rankin mainly worked at Center. I still expect Calhoun to be the center but he is out due to injury. Just Hev being Hev. He always does stupid shit in the spring but this takes the cake. Especially if it continues all spring. Rankin needs to be perfecting LT and we should have Williams or someone else working at C.

vCash
    I'm glad nothing changes around here whether we lose to South Alabama and BYU or not.

We got OL problems people

vCash
    Do you really think Dan was trolling his own fanbase after we just gave him a four year extension? He didn't say it like Dan being a smartass at all. It was just he answered the question that he was asked which was who worked at center. He talked about Martinas the most of the three. He mentioned that he was the only senior o-lineman and had to be a leader.

This "melt" is because we shouldn't be in a position where we have to break up the most effective left side of the o-line since Dan has been here because Hevesy absolutely sucks at recruiting. Not to mention the folly of not redshirting Jamaal Clayborn- which we actually had TWO chances to do since he barely played in 2014 because he had some family issues which I think was a death in the family. If Clayborn is back as a fifth year senior our o-line would absolutely be a strength this upcoming year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Rankin mainly worked at Center. I still expect Calhoun to be the center but he is out due to injury. Just Hev being Hev. He always does stupid shit in the spring but this takes the cake. Especially if it continues all spring. Rankin needs to be perfecting LT and we should have Williams or someone else working at C.
    Williams is hurt, too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    Yep. Mentioning someone's name first means they are the starter**

Lol
    He not only mentioned him first- he also talked about him the most. I don't know very many coaches that talk about their back-ups like that.

vCash
    I'm glad nothing changes around here whether we lose to South Alabama and BYU or not.

We may have OL probs, but melting because a guy gets reps at another position IN THE SPRING because 2 of the leading candidates there are hurt is a bit much

vCash

But, but we made a bowl game!

We have 1 tackle and maybe 1 center in Calhoun, maybe. And we have about 4 guards. Definitely feeling the hurt of Hevs recruiting this year.

vCash
    He not only mentioned him first- he also talked about him the most. I don't know very many coaches that talk about their back-ups like that.
    Geez