Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly, I don't believe anyone posting about OM and the NCAA

vCash

Honestly, I don't believe anyone posting about OM and the NCAA

I can't see how any of you that post about OM and their NCAA situation and coming penalties know anymore than I do, and I know absolutely nothing. I've got family that works in their athletic dept and they know nothing either, for sure. Its been rumored how serious it is and what might happen. My family I mentioned who works there is in a position to know, but I've got enough common sense to read between the lines. How are people hearing what the sanctions supposedly are going to be. I read everything posted about this NCAA stuff and I want them to get popped big time and I'm coming down on the side of believing they are going down hard. I guess I'm searching for re-assurance from where these NOA's, LOIC's, show-causes , bowl-bans, scholarship losses and any other penalties that they will incur. Help me feel confident the hammer will fall heavy on those ass hats.

vCash
    Bear**

vCash
    Go read up on theNCAA penalty structure and the allegations in NOA.

vCash
    Just look at the NCAA penalty matrix that has been posted several times. If there are no new violations past the existing NOA ( there will be ), they could get 30 scholarships, bowl bans and show causes.
    Last edited by Uncivilengineer; 02-13-2017 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Typo

vCash
    Past is prologue

vCash
    Steve has been the best source throughout. Doesn't he feel OM will be hammered? If so, that's good enough for me be he obviously has one heck of a source

vCash
    Be patient. It's coming.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Great thread

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    I can't see how any of you that post about OM and their NCAA situation and coming penalties know anymore than I do, and I know absolutely nothing. I've got family that works in their athletic dept and they know nothing either, for sure. Its been rumored how serious it is and what might happen. My family I mentioned who works there is in a position to know, but I've got enough common sense to read between the lines. How are people hearing what the sanctions supposedly are going to be. I read everything posted about this NCAA stuff and I want them to get popped big time and I'm coming down on the side of believing they are going down hard. I guess I'm searching for re-assurance from where these NOA's, LOIC's, show-causes , bowl-bans, scholarship losses and any other penalties that they will incur. Help me feel confident the hammer will fall heavy on those ass hats.
    It is going to happen. In the meantime, concentrate on more meaningful aspects of life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Go read up on theNCAA penalty structure and the allegations in NOA.
    yeah- its not really hard just to understand from the 1st NOA to see they are facing major problems and that was before their player admitted on national TV accepting money. As well as his stepfather blabbing to the NCAA for over 100 hours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    It is going to happen. In the meantime, concentrate on more meaningful aspects of life.
    That's no fun.

vCash
    . How are people hearing what the sanctions supposedly are going to be. I guess I'm searching for re-assurance from where these NOA's, LOIC's, show-causes , bowl-bans, scholarship losses and any other penalties that they will incur. Help me feel confident the hammer will fall heavy on those ass hats.
    The NCAA corresponds with OM AND the SEC Office. The SEC office is in on everything that goes on between OM and the NCAA.
    The Head of the SEC-Sankey- is on the NCAA COI
    SEC schools have graduates that work in the SEC office- take Larry Templeton for example
    SEC Presidents and AD's speak with Sankey and other SEC office members every day.
    NCAA people speak to other people with whom they work with.
    There is in confidentiality law the NCAA is held to. Neither is the SEC office. ITS NOT A COURT OF LAW.

You can bet Sankey warns other schools about what the NCAA is doing to OM and how they have caught them doing certain things. Memos get sent out. He doesnt want it happening to anybody else. People talk and cant keep their mouth shut. Acting all this is going to be some super big secret is ridiculous.

vCash
    I'm not calling you a Bear, you do have 171 post but you should post that at this message board. http://nafoom.yuku.com/forums/1/t/NAFOOM-Board.html

vCash
    I don't think the OP is a bear. Never has set off my bear radar.

Just ready for more tangible news to hit the public scene I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DancingRabbit View Post
    I don't think the OP is a bear. Never has set off my bear radar.
    Its at the point now that nobody outside of of Oxford doesnt think they are getting hammered. Common sense

vCash
    Obviously they, your relatives, are in denial about OM being subject to getting it up the arse really hard. It's not going to be a pleasant experience and they are in deny, deny, deny mode until it really gets slammed home with force and it won't be enough lube to make it pleasant for any of their fans.

vCash
    I can't see how any of you that post about OM and their NCAA situation and coming penalties know anymore than I do, and I know absolutely nothing.
    You're right, you do know nothing, or either you can't apply simple logic. Just from the first NOA, which is public information that anyone can obtain, OM received 8 level I violations. Level I violations can either be mitigated, standard, or aggravated, on a respective least to worst punishment. Let's be fair and say that all 8 will, on average, be ruled a standard level I violation. Each of those 8 will be a 12%-25% scholarship reduction, as well as possible show causes and bowl bans. Add in the Level II violation Failure to Monitor that will be ruled an aggravated level II violation, which carries the same weight, penalty-wise, as a standard level I violation. Then you can add in the fact that they have atleast 5 more level I violations coming from the adendum, which includes statements from immune ex recruits/players/coaches. Then you can add in a possible, and most likely probable, Lack of Institutional Control charge and they are set up to get 17ed harder than Ivanka at 4am on election night 2k16.

I've got family that works in their athletic dept and they know nothing either, for sure. Its been rumored how serious it is and what might happen. My family I mentioned who works there is in a position to know, but I've got enough common sense to read between the lines.
    There is your first problem, you are listening to and relying on the information from the most unreliable source since this whole thing has started, anyone associated with Ole Miss. What are they going to tell you? They can sugar coat a piece of shit and try to sell it as the world's largest tootsie roll, and it seems that you'd buy it. Second, there are no "rumors" on how serious it is, there are only facts. You can read them yourself in the first NOA. Third, you either don't have any common sense, or you are reading between the wrong lines. I'll make it easy for you. | The Ole Miss Football program is 17ed |

How are people hearing what the sanctions supposedly are going to be. I read everything posted about this NCAA stuff and I want them to get popped big time and I'm coming down on the side of believing they are going down hard.
    No one is hearing, they are simply just adding. The first NOA is out, as well as the level of violation for each allegation. Then you can google NCAA penalty structure, apply logic on how each will be ruled as far as mitigated/standard/aggravated goes, and then add up the penalties. It's crazy what you can do with a brain, a finger and a calculator. No hearing involved, it's so easy, even a deaf cave man could do it.

I guess I'm searching for re-assurance from where these NOA's, LOIC's, show-causes , bowl-bans, scholarship losses and any other penalties that they will incur
    Well, the search for the "NOA's" shouldn't be too hard. Once again, an easy google search will give it to you. The "LOIC's" will never be found in plural form, because there is only one institution, and you will find the one LOIC in 1-3 months when the addendum to the NOA is made public. If you want reassurance, google previous LOIC cases, it's a miracle they didn't get it the first go round. The fact that they had violations occur after receiving the 1st draft of the NOA is all the reassurance you need. If by some miracle they don't get charged with LOIC, the collective ~15 level I violations will more than make up for it penalty wise. Show causes can't be handed down until after the COI hearing, and there is enough on the 1st NOA for multiple assistant coaches to receive show causes, and a percentage of every show cause to assistant coaches is applied to the Head Coach under the new HC accountability rule. Bowl bans are a given at this point, the OM administration themselves have already conceded that they will receive atleast a 1 year bowl ban just from the 1st NOA.

Help me feel confident the hammer will fall heavy on those ass hats.
    I believe all of the above should have done that, if not, well then you are an ass hat yourself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by notsofarawaydawg View Post
    Obviously they, your relatives, are in denial about OM being subject to getting it up the arse really hard. It's not going to be a pleasant experience and they are in deny, deny, deny mode until it really gets slammed home with force and it won't be enough lube to make it pleasant for any of their fans.
    No, they (family) aren't in denial. I've been told that its big time quiet up there and the fear of job loss is prevalent for sure. I don't think my kinfolk are at risk to lose his/her job, but you never know and they've been there for over 25 years in their capacity. They did admit to me there are some in the dept that are upset they were lied to when the question of the severity of the investigation and the possible outcome was discussed. I gathered they, the employees were told to keep quiet or they could be gone. basically, they have been warned to keep quiet outside the building. I did ask my family if they were under a non-disclosure law and he said he didn't sign anything but it was more of company agreement. No way in hell am I a bear either.

vCash
    No, they (family) aren't in denial. I've been told that its big time quiet up there and the fear of job loss is prevalent for sure. I don't think my kinfolk are at risk to lose his/her job, but you never know and they've been there for over 25 years in their capacity. They did admit to me there are some in the dept that are upset they were lied to when the question of the severity of the investigation and the possible outcome was discussed. I gathered they, the employees were told to keep quiet or they could be gone. basically, they have been warned to keep quiet outside the building. I did ask my family if they were under a non-disclosure law and he said he didn't sign anything but it was more of company agreement. No way in hell am I a bear either.
    Just a common sense question- if this isnt a big deal and the NCAA will accept their self-imposed paltry 12 schollys- why would people's jobs be in danger? Losing 4 schollys a year for 3 years is baby shit. Why would talking about baby shit lead to a job loss?????

vCash
    The very fact that they are threatening their own employees jobs for leaking info should tell you everything that you need to know. Actually that's kind of a scary proposition because if someone offered one of their employees enough money to leak info for a book and five minutes of fame they could have another fire to put out.