Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big basketball game tomorrow

vCash

Big basketball game tomorrow

Sorry to break up the all time NFL qb talk, but we have a chance to get back in NIT talk tomorrow at auburn. Any word on ready? I'm probably most scared of auburn's tenacious in-bound defense bc we're not good at getting the ball in. Q and peters have to show tomorrow

vCash
    So where would our RPI have to get to in order to have a realistic shot at the NIT? Looks like we are currently at 112.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    So where would our RPI have to get to in order to have a realistic shot at the NIT? Looks like we are currently at 112.
    I'm gonna guess 60ish. We've got a bunch of good rpi games coming, but have to win a few

vCash
    Q has looked off for several games in a row. His wrist bothering him more now or just normal streaky issues?

vCash
    Should know more regarding Ready this afternoon as Howland has a press conference today. He had an MRI yesterday. He was out of the game against Tennessee because of back spasms.

vCash
    I think the NIT is a very long shot this year, but a win tomorrow would definitely help increase those odds. I think if we finish 5-3 down the stretch, we have a shot. We would need to win 2 games in SEC tournament at that point too.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Q has looked off for several games in a row. His wrist bothering him more now or just normal streaky issues?
    He's had 3 subpar games shooting wise but that's on the heals of his best scoring game at MSU.

vCash
    CBI is very much in play for us still

vCash
    We have a brutal remaining schedule, and winning on the road is tough. I expect us to struggle down the stretch, beginning tomorrow night. No postseason. Hope they prove me wrong like they did Saturday

vCash
    Getting to 70-80 should put us squarely in the mix. That will be a tough task, though. I don't see us getting in at this point, it would take a really, really good stretch run against tough competition.

vCash
    We are a better rebounding team without Ready. Also Ready is not the best in-bounds passer. I wouldn't mind going one more game w/o him to see what happens. We may have found something with Peters, Q, Stapleton, Keglar and Herard.

vCash
    Our RPI right now is right outside of 100.

We would need to go at the worst 6-2 our last 8 games to have a chance to get into the NIT. We get SCarolina and Florida at home which would be good RPI boosters if we could win both of those . They are both Top 25 teams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailState39110 View Post
    Our RPI right now is right outside of 100.

We would need to go at the worst 6-2 our last 8 games to have a chance to get into the NIT. We get SCarolina and Florida at home which would be good RPI boosters if we could win both of those . They are both Top 25 teams
    I think 4-4 is about the best case scenario, but have to beat AU. That would put us at 18-12. Win 2 in the SECT and may can slide into the NIT.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Should know more regarding Ready this afternoon as Howland has a press conference today. He had an MRI yesterday. He was out of the game against Tennessee because of back spasms.
    Sounds like no structural damage, but they haven't said how long he is out.

https://twitter.com/MSUsportsGregg/s...54820164767747

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    He needs surgery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    He needs surgery.
    Actually, no he doesn't. Please quit posting this on MSU boards.

vCash
    I never think to look closely during games. Is Q able to dribble with both hands?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I think 4-4 is about the best case scenario, but have to beat AU. That would put us at 18-12. Win 2 in the SECT and may can slide into the NIT.
    Wouldn't happen in that scenario. OOC schedule and RPI just aren't good enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I never think to look closely during games. Is Q able to dribble with both hands?
    Yes, and finish with both hands. The wrist is not really limiting him. I'm sure there's pain, but when you watch him, it's clear it's not really affecting the way he plays. He's just hit a rough stretch.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Sorry to break up the all time NFL qb talk, but we have a chance to get back in NIT talk tomorrow at auburn. Any word on ready? I'm probably most scared of auburn's tenacious in-bound defense bc we're not good at getting the ball in. Q and peters have to show tomorrow
    NIT is too far gone for us at this point. We just need to focus on continuing to improve in all facets (especially defensively and in the post) and try to advance to 17-18 regular season wins. Those are realistic goals that would denonstrate marked improvement and generate some momentum heading into next year. And then there's always the CBI to possibly get some extra practice time.