Thread: question - Todd and baseball fans

Banned
    vCash

question - Todd and baseball fans

Cohen plans on throwing Woodruff tomorrow against Ole Miss (non-conference game). If Woodruff goes out and is flat dialed in through the first 2 or 3 innings, what do you do?

Do you leave him in, let him pitch 6-7 innings of shutout ball and gain tons of confidence? Or do you yank him after 2 or 3 innings of awesome pitching in order to start him this weekend against A&M? Any thoughts?

Obviously, if he struggles neither of the scenarios above are in play.

vCash
    Pitch and gain confidence. We need him to get it. I doubt they let him go over 70-80 pitches anyway.

vCash
    He threw around 65 against South Alabama. He should be able to throw somewhere between 80-100 on Tuesday.

We can do whatever we want because of Ross Mitchell. He gives us a lot of flexibility. If it were me, I would let Woodruff go as far as he can within the pitch limit based on how he performs of course. I would not worry about the Texas A&M series as far as our rotation goes. Pollorena has pitched well IMO (it sounds like he was getting messed over by the umpire against Arkansas, and he STILL left with a lead in that game) plus with him being from Texas, he is probably familiar with their hitters. Graveman is Graveman and Lindgren is supposed to start Sunday against A&M and I thought he lights out for four innings- we can hopefully get at least 5-6 this weekend from him. So, there's really no reason to push Woodruff at this point.

Plus, let's say we limit Woodruff to three innings Tuesday- that's likely (hopefully) less than 50 pitches or so after having him throw 65 in his last start. And then all of a sudden expecting him to throw 100 or so on the weekend- he would potentially tire pretty easily.

I haven't seen it mentioned a lot, but Trevor Fitts looks every bit as impressive as Woodruff and Lindgren to me. I'd like to see him pitch more.

Banned
    vCash
    You beat Ole Miss' ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Will James View Post
    You beat Ole Miss' ass.
    This

vCash
    If he's dealing, let him deal as long as he can. Regardless of it being non-conf., it's still a very big rpi game and I would do everything in the interest of winning it. Plus, it's UM, so enough said.

vCash
    Pitch him. Let him go the distance if he can. Don't let him pitch in the A&M series and have him ready for SBW Thursday against Auburn.