Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Week in GA QB Commits

vCash

This Week in GA QB Commits

I'll try to do this weekly because it may be the only thing I can contribute to the board being in GA - and I actually live in Nick's region and grew up in Elijah's so I at least know where to look for info about the games. So...

Staley faces Pope High School this week. Pope plays Class AAAAA ball - a step down from Wheeler. Pope got destroyed by the vaunted Marietta Blue Devils last week 63-13 (MHS is #8 in the state and is vaunted b/c it is where BrunswickDawg went to high school and where he led the region in Hit By Pitch his Sr. year). Pope was a playoff team a year ago, and has two OL over 3 bills - one listed at 6'7" 320. They struggle at skill positions, and team speed. Last week Pope gave up 3 pick 6's and TD on a kickoff return. Wheeler should handle Pope easily an move to 2-0.

Nick Fitzgerald and Richmond Hill are playing Beach High School of Savannah.

Again, don't expect huge numbers in this one. Beach is Class AAA - two classes lower than Richmond Hill. Beach was in AAAAA until last season when they dropped down. In GA, your school can "play up". You basically trade off playing schools your size for playing schools closer to you. Beach got pummeled regularly in AAAAA and decided to drop down when GA added a 6th classification last year. Now saying this, Beach was 2-8 last season, and got stomped 62-0 in their opener last week. Should be an easy win for Nick and Richmond Hill.

I'll monitor both for stats and scores and post as available.

vCash
    awesome man.

and congrats on getting HBPs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I'll try to do this weekly because it may be the only thing I can contribute to the board being in GA - and I actually live in Nick's region and grew up in Elijah's so I at least know where to look for info about the games. So...

Staley faces Pope High School this week. Pope plays Class AAAAA ball - a step down from Wheeler. Pope got destroyed by the vaunted Marietta Blue Devils last week 63-13 (MHS is #8 in the state and is vaunted b/c it is where BrunswickDawg went to high school and where he led the region in Hit By Pitch his Sr. year). Pope was a playoff team a year ago, and has two OL over 3 bills - one listed at 6'7" 320. They struggle at skill positions, and team speed. Last week Pope gave up 3 pick 6's and TD on a kickoff return. Wheeler should handle Pope easily an move to 2-0.

Nick Fitzgerald and Richmond Hill are playing Beach High School of Savannah.

Again, don't expect huge numbers in this one. Beach is Class AAA - two classes lower than Richmond Hill. Beach was in AAAAA until last season when they dropped down. In GA, your school can "play up". You basically trade off playing schools your size for playing schools closer to you. Beach got pummeled regularly in AAAAA and decided to drop down when GA added a 6th classification last year. Now saying this, Beach was 2-8 last season, and got stomped 62-0 in their opener last week. Should be an easy win for Nick and Richmond Hill.

I'll monitor both for stats and scores and post as available.

Very interesting, and I wish Mississippi would do the same. Having gone to Madison Central, we had to play people like Lanier, Jim Hill, and then the occasional Indianola-Gentry. The thing is, we wanted to play Clinton, Brandon, Pearl, etc. and we didn't want to play the JPS schools, and the JPS schools didn't really want to play us.

vCash
    Todd - The Georgia High School Association has done it for years, and one reason was to keep costs down for schools. In south GA you can have regions with 8 teams that are all more than 100 miles apart. If you went strictly on size, you would have schools driving 3 hrs.+ to have games. It just makes good sense

Hack - I was Will James' dream player - lead off .225 hitter, .500 OBP, led team in stolen bases and rarely stuck out and got hit ALOT, and rarely bunted. (Just kidding there Will)
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 09-06-2013 at 06:04 PM.

vCash
    Richmond Hill is up 21-0 at the half - no stats, but that is a good sign

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Richmond Hill is up 21-0 at the half - no stats, but that is a good sign
    Didn't you say that nick is pretty much an option qb on his team?

vCash
    Someone has said that, but it wasn't me. Almost all the schools in this area run some form of the option, and I am pretty sure Richmond Hill does too

vCash
    Elijah and Wheeler in a tight one 33-20 at half

Nick and Richmond Hill now up 28-0 in 3rd

vCash
    Wheeler scores again in 3rd, up 41-20

vCash
    Things you like to see - blow out wins from your QB commits!

Elijah and Wheeler win 59-20
    Nick and Richmond Hill 28-6

vCash
    Thanks for the updates
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Thanks for the updates
    I second this. I'm excited about our GA qb's

vCash
    Thanks for these updates Brunswick. I appreciate it

vCash
    According to the AJC, Staley threw for 277 yards and 3 TDs while rushing for 86 yards and 2 more touchdowns. He only played 3 quarters.

vCash
    Nick Fitzgerald went 4 of 7 for 102 yards and 2 TDs while rushing 4 times for 137 yards and 2 TDs tonight. He was responsible for all of Richmond Hill's touchdowns tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    According to the AJC, Staley threw for 277 yards and 3 TDs while rushing for 86 yards and 2 more touchdowns. He only played 3 quarters.
    I'm excited about this guy. My only concern with him is basketball.

vCash
    Thanks for the updates guys, appreciate it !!

vCash
    Fitzgerald was done early in the second quarter and got one more series to open the second half.

vCash
    Thanks for picking up my slack on the stats - Hard to keep track of in the stands and with the post game wrangling of teenagers.

Good run down on Nick's game here:
    http://savannahnow.com/sports/2013-09-06/richmond-hill-rolls-past-beach-28-6#.UisKYWS9Kc0

I like the sound of 67 and 71 yard TD runs!
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 09-07-2013 at 06:16 AM.

vCash
    Would you classify fitz running as power or speed?