Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Buck

vCash

T-Buck

I think his strength is recruiting Florida. If I'm correct in that assumption, his value as a recruiter could really be tested going forward. Fsu and Florida are the big dogs and that won't change. Richt at Miami will pull players. Strong at USF, kiffin at FAU, and butch davis at FIU are gonna make pulling talent out of Florida for us very tough... I'm not even mentioning everyone recruits Florida. Not sure using a lot of resources recruiting Florida will be a good idea. What you guys think?

vCash
    I tend to agree, I think 85-95% of our recruiting should be focused on MS,AR,LA,TN, AL, GA, and FL Panhandle. When you start to dip into the meat of Florida you can just about hang it up. The competition without State being a major player there really wastes recruiting assets we could pour elsewhere. The only way (unless you have inroads with a recruit) to get in there and play with the big boys is to go the TSUN route $$$$ and we wanna stay as far away from that as we can!

vCash
    Need to go to the Midwest to recruit OL guys

vCash
    We've got a few former players coaching in Florida. Jamar Chaney is the new head coach for St. Lucie West Centennial. We've got to work our connections
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    TBuck will recruit well anywhere. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I agree. Do you feel his recruiting will be better served in the surrounding states or continuing to hit Florida?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I agree. Do you feel his recruiting will be better served in the surrounding states or continuing to hit Florida?
    He has the coast as well.

vCash
    Don't leave out east Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Okrastar1 View Post
    I tend to agree, I think 85-95% of our recruiting should be focused on MS,AR,LA,TN, AL, GA, and FL Panhandle. When you start to dip into the meat of Florida you can just about hang it up. The competition without State being a major player there really wastes recruiting assets we could pour elsewhere. The only way (unless you have inroads with a recruit) to get in there and play with the big boys is to go the TSUN route $$$$ and we wanna stay as far away from that as we can!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mcain31 View Post
    We've got a few former players coaching in Florida. Jamar Chaney is the new head coach for St. Lucie West Centennial. We've got to work our connections
    I'm lost when it comes to Florida HS football. Is Chaney's school a pretty good pipe line of talent?

vCash
    Miss State recruiting FL is a complete waste of time and resources. I would like to see us get back to Ga a little more though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Miss State recruiting FL is a complete waste of time and resources. I would like to see us get back to Ga a little more though.
    We've got (hopefully we can hold on to) Reese, dunning, and Suggs, so I don't think it's a complete waste. I do think it's pretty wasteful considering we're using our best recruiter there. I'm not sure we could even pull those 3 next season with 3 really good recruiters joining mid-majors in Florida now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    No it isn't.. have to have the right connections there. TBuck could be that connection.
    Example Utah signed 5 guys fro Fla last year all 3star or better guys .. Coach Erickson is the connection there..
    you would think with TBuck and Mullen (once being at Fla) this could open the door there more.
    And Reese (thank you TBuck) has a little brother David that's a big time player . 2018 guy that we are already on.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 12-17-2016 at 08:43 PM.

vCash
    There are plenty of kids in FL. We shouldn't be conpeting with FIU and FAU at all. That's lower tier talent. Other than TX and Cali, FL has more players than anywhere. You don't puss out on recruiting because you have to compete for players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    There are plenty of kids in FL. We shouldn't be conpeting with FIU and FAU at all. That's lower tier talent. Other than TX and Cali, FL has more players than anywhere. You don't puss out on recruiting because you have to compete for players.
    3 3*s is what we have to show for over a year recruiting florida with no '18 commits. 2 of the 3 aren't signed yet. Reese was a nice pull though

vCash
    I think his strength is recruiting Florida. If I'm correct in that assumption, his value as a recruiter could really be tested going forward. Fsu and Florida are the big dogs and that won't change. Richt at Miami will pull players. Strong at USF, kiffin at FAU, and butch davis at FIU are gonna make pulling talent out of Florida for us very tough... I'm not even mentioning everyone recruits Florida. Not sure using a lot of resources recruiting Florida will be a good idea. What you guys think?
    Well the guy we had from FL that we lost ended up being lost to TN, not any of the in state FL schools.

vCash
    Well GA has always been good to all MS schools throughout the years, as well as east TX. It's been good to see msu hit LA hard especially the river parishes and now the GNO area. There is more talent in these areas than probably 90 percent of MS. Why should Ark be a hopspot for recruiting. Is there any HS football in Arky anyway?

Banned
    vCash
    Leave Bucks in Florida so he can get wasted with Collins and Diaz in South Beach. Seriously! Sounds like a good time.

vCash
    Agree with Rando on OL - Southern Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Iowa are places that we need to make inroads to find more OL talent. You can't blanket them and get super deep in all of those areas, but you can get surgical and get on some guys early that would be interested in milder winters and the opportunity to play SEC ball vs. B1G/Big 12.

Re: T-Buck, I think he'll be an asset for us anywhere and he's already shown that with a few key players, plus he can recruit the MS gulf coast. Anywhere we need him to deliver, he can do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Hep.

vCash
    3 3*s is what we have to show for over a year recruiting florida with no '18 commits. 2 of the 3 aren't signed yet. Reese was a nice pull though
    Fla 3*= Miss 4*