Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruiting

vCash

Recruiting

This might be a long post so bare with me.

Let's first go back to when Chris jones was being recruited. I am sure some of you remember the trip to oxford, whatever damn gas station he was at, and why I for one was never worried. Chris was not what you would call a normal five star recruit. Most of those guys are prima donnas that control whether or not hard working guys like Paul and Steve get the information the need to be "the scoop". Chris was never like that. I bonded with Chris early on for whatever reason and the kid never once lied to me. When the entire recruiting world was freaking out and nobody could get a straight answer, he always got back with me. The party weekend that all those "guys that is gonna get ole miss a natty" happened, I never ever worried. One reason. Mom trusted those that were genuine with her. And the prayer book group turned her off. Not because she wasn't a god fearing woman, but she could see through it. I am sure she didn't think Brother Jimmy just took matters in hand either. The infamous Buffalo Wild Wings picture scare so many Mississippi State people. But look at his mom and the look and Hugh's face. He knew he was not impressing mom and he had no chance. Gene Swindoll called me and we exchanged notes after that weekend. I even tweeted out Jones is committed to MSU and nothing to worry about. Some famous radio personalities wanted to make quite a bit of sport of me(thanks Karl Childers). Which was fine but on signing day I got a personal invitation to attend the kids ceremony. I didn't go. Not because I was worried. But that was his moment. Sometimes I think these recruiting services should remember that. It's their moment not yours.

Anyway that is when I first started hearing the rumors of what went on at the Library. Even took a trip down there myself. The stacks of paper that exchanged hands at that place was mind googling. Especially In the pool room.

Again cell phones have cameras.

I had several people question why a Bulldog would work for a Rebel recruiting site. And my answer was a simple one. My kids developed this nasty habit called eating. I honestly tried to do the best job I could do for that place. With the restrictions I was given. You have to understand one thing about recruiting guys. They have egos. And I was told in no uncertain terms David was the guy and anything important he would cover. Commitments and kids they actually wanted he would call. Seen and not heard I guess. But I did what I always did. I wrote what I was told. I reported what the kid told me. I told David and Tom Allen point blank they wouldn't get Leo Lewis. That was the beginning of the end for me. I was promised a certain amount of money for working there. And it just stopped. But I always had my ears and eyes open. When I am told "don't worry about this kid he had been taken care of", i know recruiting. I know what that means.

There have been several rumors that have been false and several that have been true. Let's list some.

Burner Phones
    Airplane trip to bowl for recruits
    Cash for players
    Light bills
    Check with Barney
    Jobs for parents.

Now while I won't give names or times a lot of this has been proven. A lot of it happened. But that's not all. There is more to come.

The problem with going after kids that have no ties to your university is after the swag runs out they still don't any reason to be loyal. That class will come back to haunt them again. It will be said forever that Mississippi State caused all this. Well if you boys would have done your own reporting Steve wouldn't have to.

I am a firm believer in the time and a place for everything. There have been mistakes made. I personally saw a few. And have talked to people who have seen more.

As I said before. I am all about my kids. All about them. And they mean everything to me. When you mess with my ability to take care of them I will burn your ass to the ground.

vCash
    BOOM!!!!

vCash
    That's some Gold mother ****ing shit there...

vCash
    That...that is a mic drop

Banned
    vCash
    I smiled!! Pass the popcorn

vCash
    Why Johnny Tyler....mad camp!

Banned
    vCash
    So I'm assuming some on here can put 2 and 2 together and determine who you are. And apparently, you're just fine with that. Good for you, by the way, for standing up for yourself and your family, and what is right.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    Farley. You, sir, are a great man. Burn dat *** !!!

vCash
    Are you saying that you turned them in?
    Yes- that Behr

vCash
    Ho-lee-crap. This just got interesting.

vCash
    Standing ovation, sir!

vCash

vCash
    Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

i'll take "posts I didnt see coming for $1000 Alex"

vCash
    Here Here, well done sir.

vCash
    Outstanding! I salute you, sir.

vCash
    I told you to speak your mind but Jesus!! Rep points for the movie that quote came from.

Great post. Can't imagine the crap you had to put up with throughout this process.

vCash

vCash
    Hoe. Lee. Shit.

vCash
    Thank you Mr. Farley.

vCash
    You're 110% right about players outside of your area not being loyal to you. Usually when you put a group of players like they did together it turns into a complete dumpster fire- which it has and will continue. To be honest the only shocking thing to me is the fact that they actually did pull it together enough to go to two BCS bowls. When it's all said and done that Sugar Bowl season is not going to be worth what they are about to go through and are going through right now.