Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Recruiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Op4isabitch View Post
    Open your practice in Oxford, specialize in Cardio Health, I guarantee that starting in summer 2017 your practice will blossom.
    Man, I'm not sure I can be paid enough to go to Oxford.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    REP++

vCash
    Would you rather have your sister work in a whore house or go to Ole Miss? Wait hell about the same thing.

vCash
    Sometimes you have to go to hell to get to Heaven.

vCash
    just bumping this glorious thread for a good slow week of doing nothing....

#gold

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Haven't seen anything on the subject so has there been any talk on the way the OM staff was communicating with recruits via PS4 and XBox during the dead period? Klepto Kiffin was the ring leader, spending many nights playing online and speaking with recruits via these gaming systems. For those unfamiliar, these systems require that each user create an online profile and screen name. Then after you log on to the network you can then freely communicate with other members of your choosing. Most wear Bluetooth headsets and you can talk clearly with others. KK was linked to multiple recruits during the dead periods with these types of contacts. Haven't heard any updates on this aspec of their cheating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Haven't seen anything on the subject so has there been any talk on the way the OM staff was communicating with recruits via PS4 and XBox during the dead period? Klepto Kiffin was the ring leader, spending many nights playing online and speaking with recruits via these gaming systems. For those unfamiliar, these systems require that each user create an online profile and screen name. Then after you log on to the network you can then freely communicate with other members of your choosing. Most wear Bluetooth headsets and you can talk clearly with others. KK was linked to multiple recruits during the dead periods with these types of contacts. Haven't heard any updates on this aspec of their cheating.
    Hate to rain on any anti-OM parade, but wasn't this actually determined to be legal at the time?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    Hate to rain on any anti-OM parade, but wasn't this actually determined to be legal at the time?
    It's legal, as long as they adhere to the number of contacts (phone calls, text, letters, videoconferencing, etc.) allowed. That is what gets a lot of coaches in trouble. Going over the number of permitted contacts.

vCash
    I think Nix was the one who started the PS/X-Box nightly games but I could be mistaken.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    It's legal, as long as they adhere to the number of contacts (phone calls, text, letters, videoconferencing, etc.) allowed. That is what gets a lot of coaches in trouble. Going over the number of permitted contacts.
    Correct. If I remember correctly they were attempting to circumvent the rules by remaining logged in to the service for multiple conversations via only one actual "contact". Similar to calling a recruit once but each party leaving the phon on continuously and each coming back periodically to converse. It was technically fewer "contacts" but close to unlimited conversation.

vCash
    Correct. If I remember correctly they were attempting to circumvent the rules by remaining logged in to the service for multiple conversations via only one actual "contact". Similar to calling a recruit once but each party leaving the phon on continuously and each coming back periodically to converse. It was technically fewer "contacts" but close to unlimited conversation.
    I agree but here is the rub. When the coach is logged on and the recruit searches out the coach, that's perfectly legal. Then if said recruit informs other recruits and they in turn contact the coach (the recruit can contact the coaches unlimited amount of times) then there is very little the NCAA can do. The issue is if a coach is logged on all the time and conversations are happening constantly under that username. Then you may have an issue of that extending into impermissible contact because of lack of private time and if others (GA's, other coaches, etc.) are also conversing during this time or under that user name. The number of different platforms available to contact recruits now is enourmous and difficult to regulate or to catch violations. I think they need to stream line the methods available to use and any deviation from an approved method carries a sever penalty. I'm just waiting for the coach/school to get busted using a secure encrypted messaging tool that they developed and use for contact that's not traceable and scrubs conversations.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I agree but here is the rub. When the coach is logged on and the recruit searches out the coach, that's perfectly legal. Then if said recruit informs other recruits and they in turn contact the coach (the recruit can contact the coaches unlimited amount of times) then there is very little the NCAA can do. The issue is if a coach is logged on all the time and conversations are happening constantly under that username. Then you may have an issue of that extending into impermissible contact because of lack of private time and if others (GA's, other coaches, etc.) are also conversing during this time or under that user name. The number of different platforms available to contact recruits now is enourmous and difficult to regulate or to catch violations. I think they need to stream line the methods available to use and any deviation from an approved method carries a sever penalty. I'm just waiting for the coach/school to get busted using a secure encrypted messaging tool that they developed and use for contact that's not traceable and scrubs conversations.
    I'm not saying you were correct or incorrect. Just that the OM coaches found this loophole and exploited it to circumvent the rules. They were doing these types of things all the time that weren't technically breaking the rules. The extent to which they went to gain a competitive edge is never before seen. The NCAA probably can't apply penalty for the rule bending, but you can bet your ass they will take this into account whether decelopong the final penalties. And to top it all off, they still couldn't win anything of significance.

vCash
    That X-box stuff sounds like something a child predator would do.

vCash
    I'm not saying you were correct or incorrect. Just that the OM coaches found this loophole and exploited it to circumvent the rules. They were doing these types of things all the time that weren't technically breaking the rules. The extent to which they went to gain a competitive edge is never before seen. The NCAA probably can't apply penalty for the rule bending, but you can bet your ass they will take this into account whether decelopong the final penalties. And to top it all off, they still couldn't win anything of significance.
    Oh yeah. I agree with you. They definitely stretched, bent, and broke the damn thing off when it came to exploiting for a competitive advantage. I just wouldn't be surprised that what we know or can be proved they did just scratches the surface. I am concerned over tech advances that a network can or has been put in place.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I have to hand it to them. This was a pretty genius work-around to contact recruits.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I have to hand it to them. This was a pretty genius work-around to contact recruits.
    Yeah, I thought so too. They gladly play in the gray areas, which I don't see as "cheating." I wish our program was more creative sometimes in how they recruit. However, that cult-like approach that they employ from their staff to their fans has resulted in a complete loss of institutional control. They set the tone for it at the top and the boosters just followed suit.

Freeze hosting boosters and recruits at his house at the same time is just one of many examples, but the level of "cruitin'" going down on their big recruiting weekends is something thats unparalleled anywhere else in the country. That's why paying to get a kid to visit actually works for them and their "beautiful" campus. Just look at the cash Treadwell had on him after his visit.

vCash
    They must have a quota to meet as far as being an asshole to state fans. I'm on 2 liters of O2 and down to 16% LV. My pulmonalogist is in Oxford. I was getting out of my car going to a DR's. apt and this guy said" you sure are brave to walk around in this town with that MSU sticker on your car". Now, here I am with a Inogen O2 concentrator on my shoulder and the jerk made a smart ass comment. I looked at him and said", Well I might should be, but I haven't seen anything yet that would worry me", and turned and walked in the clinic. He just stood there with his mouth gapped open.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    They must have a quota to meet as far as being an asshole to state fans. I'm on 2 liters of O2 and down to 16% LV. My pulmonalogist is in Oxford. I was getting out of my car going to a DR's. apt and this guy said" you sure are brave to walk around in this town with that MSU sticker on your car". Now, here I am with a Inogen O2 concentrator on my shoulder and the jerk made a smart ass comment. I looked at him and said", Well I might should be, but I haven't seen anything yet that would worry me", and turned and walked in the clinic. He just stood there with his mouth gapped open.
    ****ing solid! **** those shitbirds.

Senior Member Perpetual Underachiever's Avatar
    vCash
    I wish our coaches would start thinking outside the box, and exploit some of these loopholes. This modern era of recruiting is comparable to taxes. The wealthy will discover and exploit tax codes faster than the IRS can implement new ones, while not technically breaking any laws. Similarly, forward thinking recruiters are finding and exploiting these technological loopholes faster than the NCAA can discover them and change the rules. Maybe we need a CPA on our recruiting staff?*

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    That X-box stuff sounds like something a child predator would do.
    Or a grown ass man who steals car stereos?