Thread: One thing you guy's can thank Damian for

vCash

One thing you guy's can thank Damian for

He pushed the hell out of Fitz. He helped make Fitz more competitive, thus becoming the QB he is today. I know there has been speculation on what went down, so this is what I heard.

He did, inadvertently & indirectly cause some locker room riff. He would just not go away, & he actively campaigned for himself, but certainly no malicious intent on his part.

vCash
    Just think how differently the year might have played out had we won the USA game on that last kick. DWilliams would have been lauded for driving us down the field for the GW kick and likely would have stayed the starting QB for the SC game.

vCash
    Maybe so, but I think Fitz would have still eventually become the starter.

vCash
    Fitz would have started the year much better had Dam laid off lobbying the players, and only lobbied the coaches for the starting position. It wasn't the players giving every QB 25% of practice snaps each to show the coaches who should be the starting QB. The only way lobbying the players could have helped him is if the players gave more effort when he was getting snaps than the others. That gives the coaches a false choice of who is the better QB. How exactly does that not hurt the team?

You can thank Dam when you see him, but I won't and there ain't nothing wrong with that.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    I will be thankful to D. Williams for running the winning TD against Arkansas in 2013 and keeping us in the game against Mississippi until Dak came in and won it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Just think how differently the year might have played out had we won the USA game on that last kick. DWilliams would have been lauded for driving us down the field for the GW kick and likely would have stayed the starting QB for the SC game.
    Yep. There are reasons for everything. I was TOTALLY in the Williams camp after that first game. I was wrong. I wish Damian well no matter WHERE he ends up. The 2013 SWINE game and the 2013 Egg Bowl should cement him as a legend in Maroon and White. Godspeed Damian, no matter if you stay here or transfer. You EARNED a spot in the MAROON & White panoply no matter what from here on out.