Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitzgerald left off the All SEC team

vCash

Fitzgerald left off the All SEC team

Hurts 1st, Kelly and Dobbs split 2nd

vCash
    Hurts has been good. Hurts should not be first.

Should be Kelly and Fitzgerald.. put them in whichever order you want, but those were the two most impressive QB's this season.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    What a joke. This should motivate Fitz this offseason.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Dobbs? List is shit.

vCash
    Dobbs is a joke.

vCash
    Good gracious, can you imagine what Fitz would have done if he had been surrounded by Bama's talent? Hurts is good but not worthy of 1st team all-SEC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyDawg View Post
    Dobbs is a joke.
    Looks like one too
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    How in the actual hell do you lead the conference in total offense and not make All-SEC? This isn't just a result of getting snubbed due to the popularity contest as usual; this is an objective fallacy.

vCash
    I said it in the last thread. SEC coaches weren't going to put the QB of a 5-7 team on the All SEC list. Is it right? No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I said it in the last thread. SEC coaches weren't going to put the QB of a 5-7 team on the All SEC list. Is it right? No.
    Except they did in kelly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Except they did in kelly
    Technically he was 4-5 but the point still stands

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    Technically he was 4-5 but the point still stands
    Fair enough. But if we are splitting hairs, can also argue fitz was really 5-6 (south Alabama).

Banned
    vCash
    They got it sort of right. It should have just been Hurts and Kelly. Kelly and Hurts are far better passers than Fitz at this point in his career. Hell, the fanbase was split down the middle between benching him and starting him at the beginning of the year. Does that sound all SEC worthy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PonderThis1 View Post
    They got it sort of right. It should have just been Hurts and Kelly. Kelly and Hurts are far better passers than Fitz at this point in his career. Hell, the fanbase was split down the middle between benching him and starting him at the beginning of the year. Does that sound all SEC worthy?
    Fitz was all SEC caliber by the end of the year. Based on the entire year, I don't think it's a travesty for Kelly and Hurts to be before him. Haven't watched Dobbs enough to know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PonderThis1 View Post
    The season he had as the season progressed and in total compared to the rest of the qb's, yes, to me he should most definitely be listed above Dobbs. WTH has Dobbs done that's been All-SEC?
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    The Dobbs hype is a joke. I've never seen someone do so little and get so much press.
    "until the next time you beat a frat guy unconscious, get stoned and think you're Peter Pan"

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    The season he had as the season progressed and in total compared to the rest of the qb's, yes, to me he should most definitely be listed above Dobbs. WTH has Dobbs done that's been All-SEC?
    I said Dobbs should have been left off. Kelly and Hurts should be ahead.

To me, all SEC is a season long award... not a last few games award.

vCash
    I'm fine with just hurts and jelly. But the fact that they would put dobbs as a tie for second just shows how trash these teams are. I'm fine with Fitz left off but not below Dobbs. He is light years ahead of Baldy

Banned
    vCash
    Fair enough. But if we are splitting hairs, can also argue fitz was really 5-6 (south Alabama).
    Not really, Fitz started the game so he gets the L now and forevermore. Is that fair? No, but you can't expect voters for All-SEC to know minute details like Fitz started the first game of the year but then was pulled after two series and only reinserted to kneel before halftime. They will only look at high level stuff like overall statistics and record as a starter.

Banned
    vCash
    Except they did in kelly
    Hahahahaha!!!! Mic drop.