Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chances to land Marlon Humphrey?? MSU in his final 4, along with...

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash

Chances to land Marlon Humphrey?? MSU in his final 4, along with...

Bama, South Carolina, and FSU. His dad mentions these as his core 3 that hasn't changed, Marlon seems to be considering State equally.

This would be a huge land for Dan and our program. He said the one thing he likes about State is the chance to play early, and that he's also not going to name any leaders and will commit at the UA all star game.

Wondering if anyone knows the chances we could land him? Don't know if you have to be a 247 member to view article but here it is.

http://mississippistate.247sports.co...fficial-147532

vCash
    From what I have gathered, he will go to Bama. His dad played there, and his dad works for a bank that has big time Bama boosters all over its Board of Directors (or something along those lines). I'd be shocked to see him go anywhere else. It would be awesome to get him though.

vCash
    I'm not saying he won't go to Bama but I don't think it's that cut and dry. His dad said "we tell the coaches don't recruit mom and dad, the decision is his". Take it for what it's worth. I give MSU 15% chance right now.

vCash
    I was given us about a 20% chance.. Until I heard he was announcing at the UA game, now it's about 5% lol. We all know how that ends up for state.

vCash
    Bama lock

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    From what I have gathered, he will go to Bama. His dad played there, and his dad works for a bank that has big time Bama boosters all over its Board of Directors (or something along those lines). I'd be shocked to see him go anywhere else. It would be awesome to get him though.
    I actually know Bobby (Marlon's father). He is the President of the Governor's Commission on Physical Fitness and Health. He is heavily involved with Hoover Track & Field as well as coaches and the AD at Hoover High. I work with the Hoover coaches and AD throughout the year on projects and they believe it is just a case of Marlon weighing the options of 1. following dads footsteps and going where everyone expects him to go or 2. doing his own thing and making his own name at another school. This is where Deshea comes in to play for us. If he doesn't want to go to Bama, the next best thing is to go 90 miles west and be coached by a Bama legend.

I wouldnt rule out our Track team playing a factor either. He is an exceptional Track runner and holds several records in Alabama. He isn't quite ready to give that up cold turkey.
    Last edited by AlaDawg; 09-05-2013 at 06:36 AM.

vCash
    Ala, I think you should post more often.

Banned
    vCash
    Marlon is a perfect fit for MSU. He's the #1 DB and we like to put those in the NFL and he likes to make fun of UOM. Perfect for MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Marlon is a perfect fit for MSU. He's the #1 DB and we like to put those in the NFL and he likes to make fun of UOM. Perfect for MSU.
    Unfortunately he's perfect for bama too. Hopefully we land him, but right now I'm more concerned with closing the deal on Thomas, Jackson, and another offensive lineman

vCash
    agree with PH.

Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandwolf View Post
    Those Bamers are so ape crazy I would not be surprise if it didn't come down to "your son or your job" situation.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 09-05-2013 at 12:47 PM.

vCash
    I love that we're in the hunt and that he genuinely seems intrigued by our program, but anyone who thinks we realistically have more than a 0% chance is crazy. I'd say there's about a 0.5% chance he doesn't go to Bama.

vCash
    0%

vCash
    I meant to ask about him last week. I remembered him talking about us earlier in the year but haven't heard much since. I'm glad we're still in the hunt. Gotta learn to crawl before you can walk

vCash
    1%

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    It is a valid question jackass. Stranger things have happened. You should think more and post less when you have no insight on the topic.

vCash
    zero chance. I hope i get to say i was wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    It is a valid question jackass. Stranger things have happened. You should think more and post less when you have no insight on the topic.
    He was responding to Aladawg.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlaDawg View Post
    I actually know Bobby (Marlon's father). He is the President of the Governor's Commission on Physical Fitness and Health. He is heavily involved with Hoover Track & Field as well as coaches and the AD at Hoover High. I work with the Hoover coaches and AD throughout the year on projects and they believe it is just a case of Marlon weighing the options of 1. following dads footsteps and going where everyone expects him to go or 2. doing his own thing and making his own name at another school. This is where Deshea comes in to play for us. If he doesn't want to go to Bama, the next best thing is to go 90 miles west and be coached by a Bama legend.

I wouldnt rule out our Track team playing a factor either. He is an exceptional Track runner and holds several records in Alabama. He isn't quite ready to give that up cold turkey.
    Strong post.

vCash
    Saban doesn't allow dual-sport athletes -- at least he never has before. Marlon isn't ready to give up track, where he traveled all over the world this summer and is essentially a world-class athlete. He either set or challenged a couple of world records this year, I believe.

That's the stumbling block between him and Alabama right now... and if Alabama is out of the game, I really like our chances -- as long as we hold onto Collins and Townsend.