Thread: So Ced Jiles tweets he will be back for his 6th year next year....

vCash

So Ced Jiles tweets he will be back for his 6th year next year....

DB's will be much improved next year, just with the guys we have returning...

Cornerbacks:
    Jamal Peters(Jr)
    Cedric Jiles(Sr)
    Tolando Cleveland(Sr)
    Jamoral Graham(Sr)
    Lashard Durr(Sr)
    Chris Rayford(Jr)
    Chris Stamps(Fr)
    Mauric Smitherman(So)
    John Michael Hankerson(Fr)
    Cam Dantzler(Fr)

Safety:
    Brandon Bryant(Jr)
    Korey Charles(Fr)
    CJ Morgan(Fr)
    Mark Mclaurin(Jr)

I wouldn't be surprised to see come of the cornerbacks switch to safety over the off season

Then you add in guys that will be coming in next year:

Cornerback:
    Tyler Williams-committed
    Dante Wigley(JUCO)-good chance of getting him
    Keisean Nixon(JUCO)- 50/50 chance
    Laquarius Andrews(JUCO)- greater than 50% chance

Safety:
    Landon Guidry-committed
    Kaleb Oliver-committed
    CJ Avery- all but committed(99.999% chance)
    Brian Cole(JUCO)- greater than 50% chance.

vCash
    Just looked at his page. Don't see this tweet?
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    We need a shutdown guy to develop so that we can be more versatile in our coverages.

Best thing about this is that it will create great competition in the Spring & training camp. Throw that in with Mullen's quote on an "Old School Off season" and it bodes well this group getting better.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Banned
    vCash
    Who are the likely candidates to transfer to Safety? I'd like to see Peters start somewhere. He really came on at corner.

vCash
    If it were me I would probably start Peters and Durr or maybe Giles. We need to get more of a pass rush and I think playing Simmons more and then Spencer, Sweat, and Pope will hopefully help with that.

vCash
    How can you be 99.999% sure about Avery. Tweeted a pic of Gus visiting on Sunday. Who's to say he didn't bring a large blue & orange bag filled with Benjamin's??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If it were me I would probably start Peters and Durr or maybe Giles. We need to get more of a pass rush and I think playing Simmons more and then Spencer, Sweat, and Pope will hopefully help with that.
    The lack of pass rush has hurt us more than people realize. There would be plays where our secondary had decent coverage, but the QB had all day to wait for someone to pop open.

So combine that with a secondary that didn't always cover well (being nice here) and you have this year's defense.
    LFC YNWA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Don't forget Cleveland. He's better than Jiles, assuming he comes back healthy.

Also watch out for Dantzler. Word is he may be the best of the bunch. Although, I see him being worked in on 1B
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    Just looked at his page. Don't see this tweet?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Don't forget Cleveland. He's better than Jiles, assuming he comes back healthy.

Also watch out for Dantzler. Word is he may be the best of the bunch. Although, I see him being worked in on 1B
    Yeah it's hard to get them all in. If it were me I might move Cleveland to safety just to get him on the field more. And I say that not knowing how well he is going to be recovered from him injury next year.

vCash
    It's going to be a better year. However, it's the front 3 that has to improve vastly. We have to have another GREAT ILB too.

And depth
    Whistleblower exposes: (FISA), Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts, 156 other judges, members of Congress, and Donald J. Trump were targeted by the HAMMER.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    How can you be 99.999% sure about Avery. Tweeted a pic of Gus visiting on Sunday. Who's to say he didn't bring a large blue & orange bag filled with Benjamin's??
    The more you follow recruiting, the more you learn to ignore those type tweets. Leo Lewis and Jamal Peters are great examples of this. Unless Avery and the staff have a falling out over the next week or two(remember that Avery is an early enrollee) he will be a dawg. In fact, I would be willing to bet my life savings that Willie Gay and CJ Avery will be wearing the Maroon and White come September 2017.

vCash
    Also, as my boy Ari Gold pointed out in a different thread, you can add 4* safety J'marick Woods to the safety list. It's looking like there is a good chance he will flip to us from Michigan down the stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousDawg34 View Post
    Also, as my boy Ari Gold pointed out in a different thread, you can add 4* safety J'marick Woods to the safety list. It's looking like there is a good chance he will flip to us from Michigan down the stretch.
    That's really good to hear. Didn't think we'd get him. Thx DD34! And I mean uh thx Ari Gold 2!
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    that would be huge if he can stay healthy.