Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, it looks like there are 3 real possibilities for a bowl destination...

vCash

So, it looks like there are 3 real possibilities for a bowl destination...

Cactus in Tempe on the 27th, the Armed Forces in Ft.Worth on the 23rd and the Las Vegas on the 17th. I would prefer the Las Vegas just for an excuse to go, but that doesn't give us much extra practice time. The Cactus gives the most practice and the armed forces is drivable for most but it's on he 23rd. What are the boards preferences?

vCash
    Cactus bc of more practice

vCash
    Vegas, because like you said it gives me and the boys an excuse to go.

vCash
    Early indications are Las Vegas, but that can obviously change quickly.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I want to go Las Vegas, but the armed forces would draw a much better crowd for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Cactus bc of more practice
    I though you got 15 extra practices regardless of what bowl you go to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritual_machine2005 View Post
    Bowls won't be announced until Dec. 3 or 4, and the Las Vegas Bowl is Dec. 17. Not sure what that means, whether we could start practicing early or whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritual_machine2005 View Post
    This is correct.

vCash
    There is some wheeling and dealing going on also. So hold on.....should be fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Cactus in Tempe on the 27th, the Armed Forces in Ft.Worth on the 23rd and the Las Vegas on the 17th. I would prefer the Las Vegas just for an excuse to go, but that doesn't give us much extra practice time. The Cactus gives the most practice and the armed forces is drivable for most but it's on he 23rd. What are the boards preferences?
    You hear those bells mother-fudder....an Air-RAID is coming and that is yo ass!

vCash
    They all have pros and cons for me. I think I personally would be more likely to go to the Las Vegas Bowl because of my work schedule. The bowl in Dallas would probably work for me but with my Christmas schedule it would be really hectic. I would like to see us play Navy because I enjoy service academy football but it's also one of the more inconvenient slots.

vCash
    If USA and ULL lose this week, any chance we get New Orleans bowl?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They all have pros and cons for me. I think I personally would be more likely to go to the Las Vegas Bowl because of my work schedule. The bowl in Dallas would probably work for me but with my Christmas schedule it would be really hectic. I would like to see us play Navy because I enjoy service academy football but it's also one of the more inconvenient slots.
    Navy would be the worst matchup for us though. I have nightmares of GT in the orange bowl just thinking about it. And our D is a hell of a lot worse now than it was in 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Navy would be the worst matchup for us though. I have nightmares of GT in the orange bowl just thinking about it. And our D is a hell of a lot worse now than it was in 2014.
    Navy faced an offense with a dual threat qb like us in USF. USF scored 52 and flowers threw for 219 and rushes for 176 with 4 td's. Yeah, they'd give us huge problems defensively, but we would score... a lot

vCash
    If USA and ULL lose this week, any chance we get New Orleans bowl?
    I don't know, would that even be an open spot? What Sun Belt team goes to that game is it the conference champion or is it another pick?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I want to go Las Vegas, but the armed forces would draw a much better crowd for us.
    Yep, I can make it to that one. Absolutely no way I could get to Vegas or Arizona.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    I don't know, would that even be an open spot? What Sun Belt team goes to that game is it the conference champion or is it another pick?
    Isn't go daddy the champion?

vCash
    Isn't go daddy the champion?
    After a little research, they go geography, so no real set locations. I guess their conference office dictates who goes where. Info I have says N O Bowl is Sun Belt vs Mountain West.

I know this much for sure I've been to that game twice and if we were in there it would be the largest crowd ever for sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    I was speaking more from the heart than anything. We still should best them in my opinion if they are our opponent. We won't have Deshea Townsend calling plays for us so what happened two years ago or in 1991 doesn't concern me.

We're not in a position to be picky so I'm fine with whatever and like I said the Las Vegas Bowl would would work out the best for me if things stay the way they are plus that looks like a good match up. The NOLA Bowl actually would be even better as far as convenience but we'll see how that plays out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    Bowls won't be announced until Dec. 3 or 4, and the Las Vegas Bowl is Dec. 17. Not sure what that means, whether we could start practicing early or whatever.
    Very good question. I've gotta think there are concessions for this type of situation.

vCash
    Is the heart of Dallas not an option? It's after Christmas and dak plays the day before. Would be awesome