vCash

CFP Rankings.

Any thoughts on Michigan staying at #3?

I actually like the precedent.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Playoffs, playoffs? We can't even get a first down.

In all honesty, I've lost interest. Your team will win the championship game by double digits so it really doesn't matter.

vCash
    It's a mess this year. There's Bama and everyone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

In all honesty, I've lost interest. Your team will win the championship game by double digits so it really doesn't matter.
    I'm gonna put you down for a "no".

No.

vCash
    Mich and OSU will solve their problems in 2 weeks. One gets eliminated. Bama and Clemson are in if they win out. Louisville in after OSU/Michigan.
    Bama vs Louisville....round 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Mich and OSU will solve their problems in 2 weeks. One gets eliminated. Bama and Clemson are in if they win out. Louisville in after OSU/Michigan.
    Agreed, we know how it will probably shake out.... I'm just curious about a team losing & not dropping.

It's a precedent query.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post

I definitely think bama is the best team, but I wouldn't get too carried away with how bama will fare outside the sec bc of inside the sec dominance. I really think the sec is pretty bad this year. Bama's closest games were lsu and om. Lsu was beaten by the 3rd or 4th best big10 school (Wisconsin). Om was beaten by the 3rd or 4th best acc school (fsu). The sec west is the strength of the sec and 4 of the west schools (om, aTm, Arkansas, and us) have abortions for defenses. Really feel like big10 > sec this year

vCash
    Would probably be best if PSU gets in with clemson, BAma, and OSU so taht precedence is set. Will open the door for multiple SEC teams in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If Ohio state beats Michigan and I think they will, the committee will be in a tough spot. Penn state will almost certainly win their last 2 which will put them in big10 championship game if Ohio state beats Michigan. You'd then have Wisconsin vs penn state in championship game with Ohio state as the highest rated big 10 team. The only way the committee could put Ohio state in then would be to put the big10 champ in too imo. Will the committee put 2 big 10 teams in? If Michigan beats Ohio state, problem solved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I definitely think bama is the best team, but I wouldn't get too carried away with how bama will fare outside the sec bc of inside the sec dominance. I really think the sec is pretty bad this year. Bama's closest games were lsu and om. Lsu was beaten by the 3rd or 4th best big10 school (Wisconsin). Om was beaten by the 3rd or 4th best acc school (fsu). The sec west is the strength of the sec and 4 of the west schools (om, aTm, Arkansas, and us) have abortions for defenses. Really feel like big10 > sec this year
    I can't disagree with any of that.

However, if by some strange twist, wisky & lsu meet again, I'll give ya wisky & 8.

OSU is the only legit threat IMO.

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post

However, if by some strange twist, wisky & lsu meet again, I'll give ya wisky & 8.

You are correct sir, especially about lsu and Ohio state

vCash

If lsu and Wisconsin meet again, 8 points total might not be scored.

National rankings in scoring defense...

#3 -- Wisconsin/Ohio state
    #6 -- lsu

Definitely think lsu is better, but Wisconsin has since changed qb's too and definitely upgraded
    Last edited by msstate7; 11-15-2016 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If lsu and Wisconsin meet again, 8 points total might not be scored.

National rankings in scoring defense...

#3 -- Wisconsin/Ohio state
    #6 -- lsu

Definitely think lsu is better, but Wisconsin has since changed qb's and definitely upgraded
    Fair enough, my friend.

I think it'd be a 21-13 type game.

No.

vCash
    Honestly, I'd have left Clemson at 2. They lost, but does anyone disagree they're the second best team in the nation right now? The only other team with an argument for it in my mind is OSU. Losing, especially on a last second FG, doesn't change that so far as I'm concerned.

All that said, we're in the Era of Saban. Until about 3-4 years after he leaves, the season is essentially over before it begins. It's your guys then everyone else. Y'all are a semipro team. Until that miserable midget bastard leaves or retires, college football is boring and screwed.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    Honestly, I'd have left Clemson at 2. They lost, but does anyone disagree they're the second best team in the nation right now? The only other team with an argument for it in my mind is OSU. Losing, especially on a last second FG, doesn't change that so far as I'm concerned.

All that said, we're in the Era of Saban. Until about 3-4 years after he leaves, the season is essentially over before it begins. It's your guys then everyone else. Y'all are a semipro team. Until that miserable midget bastard leaves or retires, college football is boring and screwed.
    Well, to hijack my own thread:

What I don't wanna see:
    1-bammer
    4-Clemson

2-OSU
    3-whatever sacrificial lamb

What I'd love to see:
    2-4 - any combination of l'ville, Washington, Michigan, wisky, psu.

No.

vCash
    Well, to hijack my own thread:

What I don't wanna see:
    1-bammer
    4-Clemson

2-OSU
    3-whatever sacrificial lamb

What I'd love to see:
    2-4 - any combination of l'ville, Washington, Michigan, wisky, psu.
    My prediction:

1 bama
    4 penn state (big 10 champs)

2 Ohio state
    3 Clemson

1 bama
    2 Ohio state

Saban vs urban... the way it should be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post

Clemson has played way too inconsistently and been involved in way too many close games with mediocre opponents for anyone to say with any certainty they are the #2 team.

How is a 3 L USC ahead of a 1 L wvu?

vCash
    What'll be interesting is if Ohio st beats Michigan and penn st wins out, then penn st plays Wisconsin in the big 10 CG, but Ohio st is clearly the best team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    Clemson has played way too inconsistently and been involved in way too many close games with mediocre opponents for anyone to say with any certainty they are the #2 team.

I think USC is underrated. They turned the corner. New qb.

They'd smoke WV, Utah & a few others. Imo

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post

Media wants the pac12 to be relevant again but the conference is extremely weak. Their best team, Washington(I guess) gave up 400 yards rushing to a terrible Arizona team and lost to a team that Bama annihilated. The conference from top to bottom is nothing special