Thread: Looking at box score from last night's basketball game

vCash

Looking at box score from last night's basketball game

Q is just fantastic... 22 pts (9/16 shooting) 6 reb 2 assists

IJ had a good game... 14 pts 7 assists 3 reb. I would like to see ready limit his shots a little more; he shot 13 times and made 5.

Holman has improved... 11 pts 11 reb.

Datcher could be the surprise of the class... 2 pts 7 reb. Doesn't sound like much, but he only played 9 mins. Datcher looks like the garbage man we've been missing for years... a guy that get tough rebounds. Now the bad... 4 fouls in 9 mins.

Carter can stroke... 17 pts (5 of 7 3's). If we can get our inside game going, hopefully we can start kicking out to carter and hopefully get him looks from 3 in transition. This kid is gonna be a weapon.

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    This team has alot of weapons and bodies ! Just need time to GEL. Q is so damn smooth he could've scored 40plus if needed it seemed he was definitely trying to let the freshmen get in groove. Fun times are gonna be happening really soon with are MBK team!

vCash
    Wright and Peters have some work to do. Typical talented freshman. Carter was refreshing to watch. Datcher will have success this year because he is only asked to hustle and that's easy to do. Distributing and scoring are much tougher which is why Wright and Peters will struggle. Kegler is going to be fantastic.

I think a Q, IJ, Carter, Kegler/Holman, and Herard lineup is pretty dang solid though. Getting Stapleton back will be huge as well

vCash
    Holman also had 4 blocks too.

vCash
    I only watched the end but did Heard play? How did he look?

Banned
    vCash
    I didn't see enough of Wright & Peters to formulate an opinion yet. Peters was a little too hyped up though you could tell on his shot, he is very quick too. I love Herard and Kegler's size, if they stay on the weights they have NBA size. Datcher is a tough glue guy. Carter looks like 1st team All-SEC Freshman. He is the early leader for gem of this class. It was weird seeing Ready mixed in with an entire new team. He played well though and broke several NSU ankles last night. Ready when he wants to can shake just about anyone with the dribble hesitation move he's got.

vCash
    It was nice to see a big man in the paint with shot blocking abilities. There were a few times late in the game when perimeter defense would break down but their guards not attack the basket with Holeman guarding the rack. Also, I think he had only 1-2 fouls with one being a T.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg496 View Post
    I only watched the end but did Heard play? How did he look?
    He looked good to me, he is a beast physically. He and Kegler are big dudes. Kegler reminds me of Draymond Green with his size and how he moves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    He looked good to me, he is a beast physically. He and Kegler are big dudes. Kegler reminds me of Draymond Green with his size and how he moves.
    Good to hear. Kegler looked good in the few minutes I watched even though as I'm reading it was an off night for him. Exciting stuff.

vCash
    But Kegler stepped up to the FT line with 07 sec left, MSU with 2 pt lead, and drained both FT's. The first FT's he shot this year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the59dawg View Post
    But Kegler stepped up to the FT line with 07 sec left, MSU with 2 pt lead, and drained both FT's. The first FT's he shot this year!
    That was clutch. Glad you mentioned it bc I forgot to