Thread: Drought conditions worsening

vCash

Drought conditions worsening

Per the latest drought monitor information, parts of northeast MS (2.65% of state) now under exceptional drought conditions...the highest level they give. The area of MS under severe drought conditions has increased from 59.50% to 62.24%

For those of you in AL, it is even worse. 18.35% under exceptional drought conditions and 51.91% of the state under extreme drought conditions..

vCash
    Hey, it's Maroon at my house. That's good isn't it? Drove to Memphis today and my wife even noticed how much less brown it is here than home.

vCash
    Its bad in GA. Northern part of the state is now on fire and the smoke is drifting into Metro ATL.

vCash
    When is the next rain expected in Covington county area? It was nice Monday night/Tuesday morning. Finally got rain.

vCash
    As the drought continues.....so do my sinus problems.

vCash
    I live in the Maroon zone on the MS / AL border, as well. I know I can see the bottom dirt in ponds that I've never seen dry before.
    cautiously optimistic

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Sadly, it doesn't look like the drought will be lessened for at least a week. It's gonna be a dry start of Winter, everyone.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Sadly, it doesn't look like the drought will be lessened for at least a week. It's gonna be a dry start of Winter, everyone.
    I had been holding out some hope for next Friday, but I've gotten less enthusiastic the last few days.

vCash
    It's Trumps fault.

vCash
    Can one of ya'll put in a call to Cohen and bring this nonsense to an end. I am sure he is trained in the art of the Rain Dance!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    It's Trumps fault.
    Bush's

venit, vidimus, amisimus

vCash
    Secret is do the rain dance backward, hell it's bound to work the Republicans won.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Its bad in GA. Northern part of the state is now on fire and the smoke is drifting into Metro ATL.
    I will attest that it's drifting further east than Atlanta. Interesting walking outside, smelling the aroma of something burning without the smoke and then find out that it's coming from the mountains in the north part of the state.

vCash
    I'm going to quit wasting my money on rice bran and corn and just start hunting over buckets of water.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Treemydawg View Post
    I'm going to quit wasting my money on rice bran and corn and just start hunting over buckets of water.
    If you find any, the States of Georgia and Alabama would like to speak with you.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    Per the latest drought monitor information, parts of northeast MS (2.65% of state) now under exceptional drought conditions...the highest level they give. The area of MS under severe drought conditions has increased from 59.50% to 62.24%

For those of you in AL, it is even worse. 18.35% under exceptional drought conditions and 51.91% of the state under extreme drought conditions..

Vegas, what is your next prediction for rain in the east central area? C34 called it the arm pit of Mississippi. Lauderdale County!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgface View Post
    As the drought continues.....so do my sinus problems.
    Man I thought it was just me! I been sneezing and coughing for 2 months! This sucks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post
    Vegas, what is your next prediction for rain in the east central area? C34 called it the arm pit of Mississippi. Lauderdale County!
    Probably not for another week or so. Models are pretty consistent in the lack of rain. Main reasoning is that a weak La Ni?a is in place. That means warm, dry winters when this is in place. This will be weak and relatively brief, but the effects of it could last a bit. Expect a dry end of the football season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corn Bread View Post
    There's possibly a system moving through about a week from today that might have a chance at bringing some rain, but models are showing it basically coming through dry or at most a quarter inch of rain. There's just nothing out there to really point to with any confidence. Tomorrow will be 50 days since Starkville had measurable rain. The last time Starkville had at least a tenth of an inch of rain in a day was 8/20.