Thread: Baseball Recruiting

vCash

Baseball Recruiting

Jack Owen has signed with Auburn and Aaron Brown out of TN has decommitted. Robbie Faulk says there is a chance we add a late flip. Would be ecstatic if it was Jacob Pearson. He may have already signed, though.

vCash
    Owen is tough to swallow.

He was one of our first 17 commits.

I am of the mindset we should target Auburn's top commit for next year in retaliation.

vCash
    Pretty certain pearson signed with LSU already

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    Pretty certain pearson signed with LSU already
    Yup. He did sign yesterday

vCash
    Whatever happened to the kid we were going to flip from om?

vCash
    We need some coaching stability to keep these classes all together. It could have been worse. We may lose Tyler Lasch as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Whatever happened to the kid we were going to flip from om?
    Last I heard we were waiting on his ACT score to determine how much money we could give him and that may be the key with flipping him. It could be the spring of it happens at all.

vCash
    If those guys are all we lose, meaning Lasch, Owen, and Brown, then I think you have to consider it a win. Especially since we got a new coach right before signing day. If we are somehow able to get Quentin Holmes, Jordan Anderson, etc. to school on top of our ELITE juco signees, this could be a class that is just as good as Magnum, Pilkington, and crew.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    If those guys are all we lose, meaning Lasch, Owen, and Brown, then I think you have to consider it a win. Especially since we got a new coach right before signing day. If we are somehow able to get Quentin Holmes, Jordan Anderson, etc. to school on top of our ELITE juco signees, this could be a class that is just as good as Magnum, Pilkington, and crew.
    Draft day could be potentially unkind. However, sign em and try hold them is the way to go. Can't be afraid to take some chances, just need some other guys to fall back on in case you get slaughtered in draft.

Banned
    vCash
    When I predicted this the other day Didn't somebody ask me the other day what I was gonna do when I was wrong? Well guess I wasn't wrong sadly. Cohen told certain recruits he was not taking the AD job 1 week before he took it.

vCash
    It will all be fine fellas. Whatever recruits we lost here, we'll make up 10 fold over the next 3 years.

Again, it will all be OK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    When I predicted this the other day Didn't somebody ask me the other day what I was gonna do when I was wrong? Well guess I wasn't wrong sadly. Cohen told certain recruits he was not taking the AD job 1 week before he took it.
    We lost 3 guys out of 21. I hardly think it was a disaster.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We lost 3 guys out of 21. I hardly think it was a disaster.
    Oh no doubt. I agree completely.

vCash
    And we didn't loses any of our top 5 or 6. They may never make it to campus anyway, but still have them signed. I know we won't get them all, but if we can get 2 or 3 out of our top 6 then those guys are elite players. Plus PG doesn't factor in JUCO players, and we still are 9th. These JUCO guys will be immediate impact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    It will all be fine fellas. Whatever recruits we lost here, we'll make up 10 fold over the next 3 years.

Again, it will all be OK.
    THIS. Although I don't see anyone freaking out but still...