Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I know Keenum threw a tantrum...but Cohen

vCash

I know Keenum threw a tantrum...but Cohen

is still the odds on favorite to be AD. Word is we talked to Corbin about ushering in the new stadium and he is strongly considering it. If he declines- an LSU asst is Plan B. The LSU asst is considered to be the guy that basebal people think is primed to take over a program soon.

vCash
    Promoting a very successful baseball coach to the athletic director job at USCe certainly hasn't worked all that well.

Banned
    vCash
    If we hire Cannizaro, that is a McDonnell type hire. You heard it here first.

vCash
    I heard the Cannizaro thing about two weeks ago... But this is the first I've heard about Corbin. Color me surprised and ecstatic if this comes true.

And the idea of Cohen being AD has grown on me. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Stricklin lacked fire, passion, and an insatiable desire to always force his coaches to address their problems. I don't think Cohen would have a problem looking Dan in the eye and telling him to fix problems A, B, and C. And if Cohen to AD gets us Corbin to Dudy Noble? Holy geez, I'm in.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    And if Cohen to AD gets us Corbin to Dudy Noble? Holy geez, I'm in.
    I don't know if Corbin would have the same success here he has at Vanderbilt. It takes a different formula here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    I don't know if Corbin would have the same success here he has at Vanderbilt. It takes a different formula here.
    Agree. Corbin built his teams with croots from the NE that also wanted an elite education. Plus he has an overwhelming advantage with schollys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    Promoting a very successful baseball coach to the athletic director job at USCe certainly hasn't worked all that well.
    SC is alot like State. He got Muschamp after 5 others turned him down. Hard to say he is a bad AD yet

vCash
    No one should complain one bit if Cohen becomes the AD, and Corbin becomes our HC. I personally think Cohen could be a good AD. I believe he loves MSU, he won't accept mediocrity, he will hire/fire when it's time, and he knows our donors pretty well that if he needs support he knows where to go to get it.

vCash
    Now that it's out...I was told a few weeks ago that Cannizzaro may be locked up as our HC if Cohen were to become AD. And like Goat said, that would be a monster hire. I think we are now in great shape regardless, so everyone can relax about the potential Cohen to AD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    is still the odds on favorite to be AD. Word is we talked to Corbin about ushering in the new stadium and he is strongly considering it. If he declines- an LSU asst is Plan B. The LSU asst is considered to be the guy that basebal people think is primed to take over a program soon.
    Don't know...we have people who think Cohen is a hard ass. Corbin invented hard ass.

But that would be great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    No one should complain one bit if Cohen becomes the AD, and Corbin becomes our HC. I personally think Cohen could be a good AD. I believe he loves MSU, he won't accept mediocrity, he will hire/fire when it's time, and he knows our donors pretty well that if he needs support he knows where to go to get it.
    Agree. I think he'd be really good.

vCash
    Can Corbin be successful if he doesn't get 1st round picks in school and have the scholarship advantage?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Can Corbin be successful if he doesn't get 1st round picks in school and have the scholarship advantage?
    Who says Corbin cant get 1st round picks in school? He keeps doing it

vCash
    ^^ This right here. Big difference between recruiting to Vanderbilt and recruiting to Miss State.

vCash
    I doubt Corbin would come here; but if he did, he could recruit here. Corbin steadily puts players in MLB and players will follow him

vCash
    I'm not buying Corbin to State. He has it made with a huge recruiting edge over every other school at Vanderbilt. Why would he agree to play by the NCAA rules elsewhere?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I doubt Corbin would come here; but if he did, he could recruit here. Corbin steadily puts players in MLB and players will follow him
    We made a great offer and spiced it with an Associate AD title or some BS- so he is considering...but everybody thinks the guy from LSU is a great Plan B

vCash
    I'm not buying Corbin to State. He has it made with a huge recruiting edge over every other school at Vanderbilt. Why would he agree to play by the NCAA rules elsewhere?
    the best stadium in college baseball

Banned
    vCash
    SC got stuck with Muschump because nobody wants to follow up Spurrier, especially since he quit on the program because he flunked recrootin 101. Tanner knows Muschump is gonna fail. I guarantee you the plan is to let him recroot for a few years and then let a real coach come in and build on it. This formula is used throughout the country.

vCash
    SC got stuck with Muschump because nobody wants to follow up Spurrier, especially since he quit on the program because he flunked recrootin 101. Tanner knows Muschump is gonna fail. I guarantee you the plan is to let him recroot for a few years and then let a real coach come in and build on it. This formula is used throughout the country.
    excellent post Goat. Dead on