Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess what...

vCash

Guess what...

Cohen is still not the Athletic director. 17 you Bonner and that rag you work for.

venit, vidimus, amisimus

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I wonder if they really don't know or if Keenum just really wants to hold it off to make Bonner look bad.

vCash
    Is is raining at your place as well?

vCash
    The latter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I wonder if they really don't know or if Keenum just really wants to hold it off to make Bonner look bad.
    I may be crazy but I think Keenum wants to at least run a legit AD search.

Banned
    vCash
    I want Cohen to remain where he is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    I want Cohen to remain where he is.
    Agreed, I'm concerned that if Cohen goes to AD would could possibly end up with a downgrade at both AD and Head Baseball Coach.

vCash
    Doesn't matter how long Keenum holds off. If he chooses Cohen, Bonner is right. The CL crew will just say they changed dates to say Bonner was wrong. If they choose Cohen, they look foolish for denying so hard.

If it was Cohen, and Bonner costs him the "promotion"...

vCash
    I still think Cohen will be the AD, but I'm not nearly as confident as I was before Bonner popped a premature one. This isn't a middle school relationship though, we will not make a decision just in spite of someone else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post
    Doesn't matter how long Keenum holds off. If he chooses Cohen, Bonner is right. The CL crew will just say they changed dates to say Bonner was wrong. If they choose Cohen, they look foolish for denying so hard.

Disagree. The fact that Cohen was not announced Tuesday makes bonner's article factually innacurrate by definition. More importantly, the fact that interviews took place after his article, coupled with the fact that no announcement was made Tuesday, makes it obvious that the decision was not set in stone, even if Cohen was the leading candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Agreed, I'm concerned that if Cohen goes to AD would could possibly end up with a downgrade at both AD and Head Baseball Coach.
    It's definitely risky. We need someone with more athletic director type experience.

vCash
    How long until it becomes a problem that we dont/ cant find an AD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JDog13 View Post

I think it might end up being the best thing the Clarion-Ledger did for us and for MSU. We could get an experienced AD. Cohen could get more experience in athletic director type roles in the meantime. Cohen stays on as baseball coach while in the prime of his career. Everyone wins. Except for the Clarion-Ledger. Keenum would win that in that scenario.

Banned
    vCash
    I really just think Cohen is not seeking the job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    How long until it becomes a problem that we dont/ cant find an AD
    After the Egg Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Maybe but Sid Salter did say he was a candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Seeking? He wants it....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think it might end up being the best thing the Clarion-Ledger did for us and for MSU. We could get an experienced AD. Cohen could get more experience in athletic director type roles in the meantime. Cohen stays on as baseball coach while in the prime of his career. Everyone wins. Except for the Clarion-Ledger. Keenum would win that in that scenario.
    If Cohen was offered the job, then gets it taken away so keenum can save face, I bet we lose Cohen. I don't think this happens though. I think Cohen gets the job and we look foolish for denying so strongly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If Cohen was offered the job, then gets it taken away so keenum can save face, I bet we lose Cohen. I don't think this happens though. I think Cohen gets the job and we look foolish for denying so strongly
    He might. But I doubt it. His best shot at getting the AD job if he doesn't get it this time is to stay with us and take on expanded roles as opposed to going somewhere else. Especially since the next AD will probably have a shelf life of 5-10 years if I had to guess unless extenuating circumstances occur.

vCash
    Agree with everyone that says we will look foolish for coming out so strong against Bonner then wind up with Cohen. It would be just like when Slick Willie said "I did not have sex with that woman" and then admitting that he got a BJ in the Oval Office.