Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Alabama made the SEC Boring?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Missing 7 starters today bc of injury I think
    Wouldn't matter. This looks like a cat toying with a mouse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Maybe, but that's a crap load of missing starters... 32% of their starters are out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    star_elephant.jpg
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    The SEC has the same problem in basketball, UK and everyone else.

vCash
    Maybe, but that's a crap load of missing starters... 32% of their starters are out
    It is but Bama is in mid season dominate everyone mode and ut was vastly overrated. They could easily have 2 or 3 more losses without the horse shoe stuck up their butt that they dropped last Saturday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    Lol this an accurate description.

vCash
    The fact that a Bama fan is on here discussing this while his team is playing #9 proves how boring it is. The regular season is like preseason for Bama. Early in they break in their new set of 5 stars and later they fine tune for the playoffs. The fact that Saban walks the sideline like a pissed off gnome the whole time is comical.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    i just think there are plenty of things we can control that we could do better. Improve yourself, don't sit and wait for your surrounding environment to change.
    I am 73 years old. I would like to believe for all those years Mississippi State has been trying as hard as they can to improve themselves. The powers of football haven't change much over those years. There is a reason why there are monopoly laws which in time become over come. The same needs to take place with college sports, which in time would be overcome. Money is power and money and power always wind up with the cream of the crop. We cannot improve ourselves to the level desired without rules that would help us for a time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    The fact that a Bama fan is on here discussing this while his team is playing #9 proves how boring it is. The regular season is like preseason for Bama. Early in they break in their new set of 5 stars and later they fine tune for the playoffs. The fact that Saban walks the sideline like a pissed off gnome the whole time is comical.
    This may be the best point of the entire thread. So true.

Tusk, you must really get nervous before & during games.......

Again, we all love college football, but it could be so much better than this. This product is horrible.

Verne & Gary call blowouts most every week

vCash
    Now they are making Hurts out to be some kind of hero for accepting the challenge of coming to Alabama. Man....... what a challenge.... playing with all other 5 stars against other teams with very few.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LC Dawg View Post
    easy there, turbo....***

sieg heil
    201210127_kdl_sg8_237.jpg

No.

vCash
    I feel as if I help feed the monster as long as my (old) butt is in that seat at DWS. Will I ever learn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    This may be the best point of the entire thread. So true.

Tusk, you must really get nervous before & during games.......

Again, we all love college football, but it could be so much better than this. This product is horrible.

Verne & Gary call blowouts most every week
    not any more... but that's more a reflection of age/perspective than the current state of the program... I think...

No.

vCash
    Cut scholarship total to 65 with 20 per year limit.

If you really want parity do above and make all scholarships 4 year contracts... no processing

As a baseball fan, id love to do this and give baseball scholarships to work with
    There was a good start at this when they put the scholarship limitation in place to stop Bear Bryant from giving players scholarships just so other schools wouldn't get them. They might not have gone far enough. Only 11 players are on the field at any one time, 22 total when you count the defense. I don't see why you couldn't field a team with 65 scholarships ... you'd still have 43 "reserves". And while you're at it, cut out redshirting too (except possibly medical). 4 year contracts would essentially take care of that.

vCash
    They've scored every way possible.

vCash
    Alabama has had 6 #1 one recruiting classes in a row.

That means that the best team in college football is monopolizing the 1st round draft picks of every high school football draft

Banned
    vCash
    ShotgunDawg do you realize you are wanting to implement the same sort of stuff that Hillary Clinton does? I mean you straight up sound like a Black Lives Matter activist.

Sort of eye opening when you look at it from that perspective, isn't it? Not saying I disagree with you, but it is what it is. And yeah, there comes a point when the rich simply have too much. But they will always find a way to exploit.

This isn't an 'across the board' thing. It's a Saban thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Alabama has had 6 #1 one recruiting classes in a row.

That means that the best team in college football is monopolizing the 1st round draft picks of every high school football draft
    They should just go play in the NFC East

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    There was a good start at this when they put the scholarship limitation in place to stop Bear Bryant from giving players scholarships just so other schools wouldn't get them. They might not have gone far enough. Only 11 players are on the field at any one time, 22 total when you count the defense. I don't see why you couldn't field a team with 65 scholarships ... you'd still have 43 "reserves". And while you're at it, cut out redshirting too (except possibly medical). 4 year contracts would essentially take care of that.
    Nfl plays with 53, but they can add from practice squad as needed. I do think 65 is sufficient though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Taog Redloh View Post
    ShotgunDawg do you realize you are wanting to implement the same sort of stuff that Hillary Clinton does? I mean you straight up sound like a Black Lives Matter activist.

Sort of eye opening when you look at it from that perspective, isn't it? Not saying I disagree with you, but it is what it is.
    I was waiting for this....

+1

Le'ts spread the wealth around....

No.