Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Has Alabama made the SEC Boring?

vCash
    Saban to ND..
    - becomes the only coach to win national champ at 3 schools.
    - winning a natty at ND is prestigious in itself
    - under armor would pay him an absurd amount of jack
    - much easier road to the playoffs
    - shit Saban himself may be getting bored at Bama

Not going to happen.. But ND should offer what ever he wants, and they would..

Kelly may not survive this year..
    Last edited by mic; 10-15-2016 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The thing about 65 scholarships is it will make it a little more fair for us vs bama, but it'll make it more fair for usm vs us too
    Agree. Better games.

Watching games between every other SEC program is infinitely better TV than any game Bama plays. Ole Miss vs Arkansas was awesome. NFL Sundays that come down to field goals are awesome

vCash
    Saben is the best coach Alabama has ever had, Bear Bryant included. I actually liked the Bear, and I grew up in his time. Saben is more like Darth Vader, he wins , but it's hard to like him and easy to hate hm. The first step to beating him is understanding him and respecting him. The second step is waiting him out until he retires. Is absolutely sucks but it is what it is.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So you want things to stay the same?

You wouldn't vote in favor of 65 scholarships?

BTW, this at least Bama's 3rd SEC dynasty. So there is something wrong with the rules
    Hell no I wouldn't vote for 65 scholarships. All that does is funnel more talent to mid major teams and give us that many more teams to compete against. USM would suddenly become a legitmate threat for in-state recruiting and any misses on the recruiting trail would be intensely magnified. Meanwhile, teams like Alabama (and others) will still get the best players. Its just that fewer of them will be processed.

Kentucky has had like 5 dynasties in SEC basketball, how do you want to change those rules? You can't just cry foul every time a team or program has a good multi year run. And Alabama isn't invincable either. They lost a game last year and should have lost the national title game if it weren't for a couple of trick plays and a TD on special teams. There are 3 or 4 teams capable of beating them on a neutral field this year, and one of them might.
    Last edited by HSVDawg; 10-16-2016 at 12:11 AM.

vCash
    bump
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    bump
    Yup. Nothing has changed and we still have the same problem
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Yup. Nothing has changed and we still have the same problem
    1. you're (mostly) correct.
    2. you don't (likely) read that quickly.

That being said.... while I concur with your premise, I don't believe it's aggressive enough to achieve what you want... and, if it were, it'd likely make things worse.

(Hypothetically/statistically speaking, of course...)
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    I’m not reading all 6 pages of this thread to give my answer. YES Bama makes it boring as hell. The only time I watch a bama game is if state is playing them or I think they are gonna lose. I also won’t watch Clemson or Ohio state. The outcome is inevitable and there no sense watching it.

I will watch bama play OM cuz I enjoy either outcome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Michigan vs Ohio state is gonna be the premier rivalry very soon if it isn't this year. Harbaugh and urban are gonna raise the level of the big 10 by being so good... kinda what urban and saban did in the sec
    I am really confused by this. Harbaugh has been there what, 5-6 years? They have done nothing and get blown out against any legit team they play. Really surprised by how poorly he has done. I would not include them in this discussion anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    I am really confused by this. Harbaugh has been there what, 5-6 years? They have done nothing and get blown out against any legit team they play. Really surprised by how poorly he has done. I would not include them in this discussion anymore.
    No they don't belong in the discussion. They're basically A&M

vCash
    Meh, Michigan was having a good year back in 2016 and 2017 and got destroyed by Ohio State and they got knocked back down to reality. Harbaugh just can't get over that hump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    Meh, Michigan was having a good year back in 2016 and 2017 and got destroyed by Ohio State and they got knocked back down to reality. Harbaugh just can't get over that hump.
    It' ain't Harbaugh. Outside of a shared national title that they didn't deserve in 1998, Michigan hasn't had the talent to get over the hump.