Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sunday Morning QB- Bitchslapped Edition

vCash

Sunday Morning QB- Bitchslapped Edition

1. Just not a whole lot to say about Saturday. 2 weeks off to get ready. Playing at home. Then its 35-0 at halftime. They just lined up and whipped our ass. They threw enough to hit some big plays- but they didnt do much because they simply didnt have to. Just whipped our ass. Auburn gave not one **** when they came out in the 2nd half- all they wanted to do was burn clock and get back home. They had proved their point.

2. Yep- I'm gonna say "I told you so". You knew I would. We struggled to beat UMass. We lost to South Alabama. There was no way in hell we were going to play with Auburn- who has one of the SEC's best OL's and DL's. Unless you have bigtime playmakers like an OM- you cant overcome a team thats much better than you upfront. That is where football is won and lost. When I saw we couldnt run at all on LSU- I knew we were going to see pretty much the same thing vs Auburn. Thats football. Miss State cant afford to have a guy that is not a relentless recruiter or someone that doesnt fix problems with recruiting on his staff. T-Buck was employed for 3 weeks before signing day- and he pulled in our highest rated OL recruit. Its that kind of crap that has seen us get to this point.
    Auburn is a team that is young at RB, WR, and LB- but they have talent. They are getting better every week. You can see it. State is a team that is not getting better every week. You can see that too.

3. We have a severe lack of overall talent. If you arent convinced already- wait until we struggle vs BYU and Kentucky. Our current recruiting strategy this year to load up on jucos isnt going to help that. Reeks of desperation. And no matter how many times Mullen says it- we arent young. 30 of our 44 on the depth chart are 3rd year college players or better. 2/3 of them are in their 3rd year of college or better.

4. Guess what guys? Dan Mullen has a new agent. You may have heard of him- Jimmy Sexton. He's already working it with 2-3 schools already.

5. My guy told me yesterday that we absolutely will not fire Dan Mullen after this season. "But if he leaves, nobody is going to be sad". Also said of course Mullen wouldnt get his contract extended after the season either. Would put him down to 2 years. "But I'll be very surprised if he is here. I predict Sexton finds him another gig, Mullen takes the paycut citing it's time for a new challenge or some BS like that". This guy was around decision makers all day yesterday. Very telling of where we are right now with our football program.

6. I simply dont understand how Holloway keeps playing. How in the hell could you recruit that terribly at RB not to have someone you trust more than him to help your offense? It's become a big joke now. Holloway should be a D-II All-American at Delta State or somewhere.

7. If Brian Johnson did indeed call plays in the 2nd half- dont read much into it. The game was decided and Mullen was just letting him get some experience. You can bet he and Hev already call a play or two here and there during games already. "Hey coach- the left DE keeps squeezing- run the zone read here". Happens all over at every school.

8. We didnt play Damien at all. That tells me we have decided to get Fitz as much experience as possible moving forward to next year. Tiano aint happening either. Coming out of the bye week down 35-0 would have been the perfect time to play Tiano. We didnt. Tells you all you need to know. We cant play another RB other than Holloway down 35-0, we shirley wont play another QB.

9. Bama is going to win the NC again unless LSU can stop them. Their offense is ridiculous. LSU getting an off week is huge for them moving forward making their changes on offense. A&M is 6-0 for the 1st time in 20 years. Auburn gets better every week and they have lots of young, talented guys. UPig actually scored 30 on Bama- but was outclassed. Gonna be hard to slow them down with our D. OM has a great offense. BYU won on the road at Michigan State last night. Kentucky has 3 wins now- that will be a battle. Not many wins for us left out there. The streak is about to be over. With that said.....

10. The owners of Elitedawgs.com have unanimously decided that we will no longer support Coach Dan Mullen as the leader of our football program. His perpetual job hunting every December has not allowed the program to capitalize on the amazing successes we've seen in recent years. Due to the lack of passion on the field and in recruiting, desire, dedication, and the obvious lack of buy-in from his own players, we feel strongly that changes need to be made at the end of the season.

vCash
    ^^^ Took me a long time to get in the boat, but yesterday was the 08' Egg Bowl all over again. He's elevated our program to levels it's never been, and that should NEVER be forgotten, but it's time for a mutual divorce!

vCash

i have a feeling a large portion of the CDM supporters will change their minds the

day after the Egg Bowl. That will be 3 in a row and this one will be UGLY! They'll name their score on us. If that won't change the mind of the sheep then there's nothing that will.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Yep. Thanks for what you accomplished Dan but it's obvious a change is in order. The most telling thing to me is not the lack of talent or personnel decisions (that existed in 09 too), but the fact that we don't play hard. The message has grown stale and its obvious.

That said, curious to know your thoughts, random, of where we go for our next coach. And don't say whittingham**

vCash
    I agree with this post, mostly that the buck stops and starts with Mullen. Seems like he's been ready to go for last 2 yrs. All this shows up in lack of focus, enthusiasm
    and recruiting has been affected. I hope the school admin can act effectively going forward... not gonna be easy replacing Stricklin with the right guy and now, dealing with
    Mullen, who is squarely on the hot seat.

vCash
    hiring Jimmy Sexton is the best news I've heard. We're pulling for you Jimmy! Do work!

Banned
    vCash
    Agree with most everything. Still don't think Auburn is anything special. They will likely be 7-5 or 8-4 in a best case scenario if they beat UPig (OM and Bama gonna spank that ass). But that makes yesterday all the more inexcusable.

vCash
    Whittingham to me should be an option- he wins and is probably looking for a new challenge himself. Experienced HC. But of course he isnt the only option.

Orgeron should be looked at. Recruits like a mf'er. Has learned to let coordinators do their thing. Would love to stick it to OM

Memphis HC should be interviewed.

Mario Cristobal- Bama's Associate HC should be interviewed.

Those are just a few...would have to research to get 3-4 more good candidates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Agree with most everything. Still don't think Auburn is anything special. They will likely be 7-5 or 8-4 in a best case scenario if they beat UPig (OM and Bama gonna spank that ass). But that makes yesterday all the more inexcusable.
    Their physicality will give OM some problems. Their front 4 can control OM's running game- allowing them to cover with 7. And they can run the ball on anyone they play.

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    Totally agree time for a change !! Its best for Mullen and best for US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Whittingham to me should be an option- he wins and is probably looking for a new challenge himself. Experienced HC. But of course he isnt the only option.

Orgeron should be looked at. Recruits like a mf'er. Has learned to let coordinators do their thing. Would love to stick it to OM

I'd interview willie fritz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Yep. Thanks for what you accomplished Dan but it's obvious a change is in order. The most telling thing to me is not the lack of talent or personnel decisions (that existed in 09 too), but the fact that we don't play hard. The message has grown stale and its obvious.
    This is one of the main reasons I've left the fence COMEPLETELY. I absolutely do appreciate Dan for the positive things he's brought but being where we are compared to two years ago this weekend is just mind boggling. How do you not capitalize on that somehow? How do you digress? I'm not talking Ws and Ls; we knew there would be dropoff. It's hows and whys. It's the spirit of the program. How the heck are we where we are now and the problem not be part if not mostly CDM leadership? This is BS. We could have the same dang record since 2014 Vandy game but look very differently. Lose yesterday 38-35 in a hard fought well coached game and it somehow feels different even though still painful. Heck, even South Alabama would have been a little more palitible if we'd just straight up lost to an opponent that was awfully scrappy that day instead of collapsing....AGAINST SOUTH ALABAMA. Hows and Whys are the reasons I'm ready for CDM to be a free agent before the BYU game kickoff.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash

How good can O be without elite talent? Has great talent at LSU and very good if not enough of it at SC. That is my issue with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gtowndawg View Post
    hiring Jimmy Sexton is the best news I've heard. We're pulling for you Jimmy! Do work!
    Let's hope Sexton can pull a rabbit out of the hat. But if we go 3-9....who in their right mind would want him? Maybe an Iowa St, UTEP or someone like that. My fingers and toes are crossed.

vCash
    1. Just not a whole lot to say about Saturday. 2 weeks off to get ready. Playing at home. Then its 35-0 at halftime. They just lined up and whipped our ass. They threw enough to hit some big plays- but they didnt do much because they simply didnt have to. Just whipped our ass. Auburn gave not one **** when they came out in the 2nd half- all they wanted to do was burn clock and get back home. They had proved their point.

2. Yep- I'm gonna say "I told you so". You knew I would. We struggled to beat UMass. We lost to South Alabama. There was no way in hell we were going to play with Auburn- who has one of the SEC's best OL's and DL's. Unless you have bigtime playmakers like an OM- you cant overcome a team thats much better than you upfront. That is where football is won and lost. When I saw we couldnt run at all on LSU- I knew we were going to see pretty much the same thing vs Auburn. Thats football. Miss State cant afford to have a guy that is not a relentless recruiter or someone that doesnt fix problems with recruiting on his staff. T-Buck was employed for 3 weeks before signing day- and he pulled in our highest rated OL recruit. Its that kind of crap that has seen us get to this point.
    Auburn is a team that is young at RB, WR, and LB- but they have talent. They are getting better every week. You can see it. State is a team that is not getting better every week. You can see that too.

3. We have a severe lack of overall talent. If you arent convinced already- wait until we struggle vs BYU and Kentucky. Our current recruiting strategy this year to load up on jucos isnt going to help that. Reeks of desperation. And no matter how many times Mullen says it- we arent young. 30 of our 44 on the depth chart are 3rd year college players or better. 2/3 of them are in their 3rd year of college or better.

4. Guess what guys? Dan Mullen has a new agent. You may have heard of him- Jimmy Sexton. He's already working it with 2-3 schools already.

5. My guy told me yesterday that we absolutely will not fire Dan Mullen after this season. "But if he leaves, nobody is going to be sad". Also said of course Mullen wouldnt get his contract extended after the season either. Would put him down to 2 years. "But I'll be very surprised if he is here. I predict Sexton finds him another gig, Mullen takes the paycut citing it's time for a new challenge or some BS like that". This guy was around decision makers all day yesterday. Very telling of where we are right now with our football program.

6. I simply dont understand how Holloway keeps playing. How in the hell could you recruit that terribly at RB not to have someone you trust more than him to help your offense? It's become a big joke now. Holloway should be a D-II All-American at Delta State or somewhere.

7. If Brian Johnson did indeed call plays in the 2nd half- dont read much into it. The game was decided and Mullen was just letting him get some experience. You can bet he and Hev already call a play or two here and there during games already. "Hey coach- the left DE keeps squeezing- run the zone read here". Happens all over at every school.

8. We didnt play Damien at all. That tells me we have decided to get Fitz as much experience as possible moving forward to next year. Tiano aint happening either. Coming out of the bye week down 35-0 would have been the perfect time to play Tiano. We didnt. Tells you all you need to know. We cant play another RB other than Holloway down 35-0, we shirley wont play another QB.

9. Bama is going to win the NC again unless LSU can stop them. Their offense is ridiculous. LSU getting an off week is huge for them moving forward making their changes on offense. A&M is 6-0 for the 1st time in 20 years. Auburn gets better every week and they have lots of young, talented guys. UPig actually scored 30 on Bama- but was outclassed. Gonna be hard to slow them down with our D. OM has a great offense. BYU won on the road at Michigan State last night. Kentucky has 3 wins now- that will be a battle. Not many wins for us left out there. The streak is about to be over. With that said.....

10. The owners of Elitedawgs.com have unanimously decided that we will no longer support Coach Dan Mullen as the leader of our football program. His perpetual job hunting every December has not allowed the program to capitalize on the amazing successes we've seen in recent years. Due to the lack of passion on the field and in recruiting, desire, dedication, and the obvious lack of buy-in from his own players, we feel strongly that changes need to be made at the end of the season.
    I'm not an owner or voting member but I concur. I was being patient and thought I would let the season play out but it is painfully obvious at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    How good can O be without elite talent? Has great talent at LSU and very good if not enough of it at SC. That is my issue with him.
    How hard will O recruit to get as much talent as possible??? He is a warrior on the recruiting side

vCash
    I agree that Mullen will be here next year if if wants to be/cant get out. I have been a big supporter of Mullen because I was a student here when we were Tech and Ten under Rocky. I've seen more terrible football at State than most and know what a program looks like when you are a 3 game winner every year for as long as the eye can see. I also didn't want change, because of the thought that Stricklin would be involved in the hire--he of Rick Ray fame. Having said all of that, I can accept losing a game as long as the players and staff are giving their best efforts like we did early on in the Mullen era. I no longer see that. I see players poorly coached and going through the motions. I see no fire in the coaching staff and no adjustments. In the first half yesterday, Auburn had two plays they ran over and over again. One was the 15 yard curl in front of the safetys, that was successful every time and the other was the RB flair which also was successful every time. No adjustments were made to stop it. At the end of the day, I appreciate everything Mullen has done to elevate the program and make no mistake, he has. But it is time for new leadership because his heart is no longer in this and the fire is gone.

vCash
    How hard will O recruit to get as much talent as possible??? He is a warrior on the recruiting side
    Absolutely agree he will get the talent needed to compete in the west. How long does that take? UNM is going to get hammered, that will be a help and a hindrance. They will be turning over rocks to screw us, but they will have severe scholarship reductions that will help us. Even though I don't think they will stop cheating. I just wonder how long we will suffer until he could get things turned around?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coursesuper View Post
    Absolutely agree he will get the talent needed to compete in the west. How long does that take? UNM is going to get hammered, that will be a help and a hindrance. They will be turning over rocks to screw us, but they will have severe scholarship reductions that will help us. Even though I don't think they will stop cheating. I just wonder how long we will suffer until he could get things turned around?
    I'm open minded at this point.

Is it telling, as far as how far we've digressed, that I would consider O?

Bum Rum Hum Hum BULLLLDOOOOOGS
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    My one concern is that if we wait and see what Mullen decides at the end of the year then it puts us behind the ball in replacing him. A good coach isn't going to wait around to see if we have a spot opening up.