Thread: And now Frost rounds back into his usual form....

vCash

And now Frost rounds back into his usual form....

looks like we will lose this game all in one inning. CRAP! We could have pulled back to .500 and now we are still going to be at 5-7.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 04-07-2013 at 07:47 PM.

vCash
    Here you go quitting early in games again...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Here you go quitting early in games again...
    Well don't worry yourself so much about it. I'm definitely well prepared for the loss at this point with a 4 run deficit but if we can come back and win I'll be elated. I'm sure how I feel has a tremendous effect on the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well don't worry yourself so much about it. I'm definitely well prepared for the loss at this point with a 4 run deficit but if we can come back and win I'll be elated. I'm sure how I feel has a tremendous effect on the game.
    We'll see Harris soon. Remember the guy that blew us away yesterday? That's Harris. Coming back will be very difficult today

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Can Pirtle play third?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Can Pirtle play third?
    Can't be any worse than the Sam "big error" Frost. Hell try Ammo at 3rd. What's the worse thing that could happen?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msstate7 View Post
    We'll see Harris soon. Remember the guy that blew us away yesterday? That's Harris. Coming back will be very difficult today
    Here he is. Hopefully his velocity is down today. Come on Mitch...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWillScrewItUp View Post
    Can't be any worse than the Sam "big error" Frost. Hell try Ammo at 3rd. What's the worse thing that could happen?
    Frost is actually a pretty good 3rd baseman. Most of his errors are of the throwing variety because he doesnt really have the arm to be a 3rd baseman. The thing is- while he makes some errors, he gets to way more balls than Norris would at 3b- thereby the pitching staff gives up less hits.

We're just kind of damned if you do- damned if you dont at 3rd

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Frost is actually a pretty good 3rd baseman. Most of his errors are of the throwing variety because he doesnt really have the arm to be a 3rd baseman. The thing is- while he makes some errors, he gets to way more balls than Norris would at 3b- thereby the pitching staff gives up less hits.

An error is an error is the way I look at it. If you can't make the throw from 3rd to 1st then no you are not a pretty good 3rd baseman. Ammo playing 3rd is kind of a joke but I have no doubt he could make the throw if he could stop the ball.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    [QUOTE=WeWillScrewItUp;2032]An error is an error is the way I look at it. If you can't make the throw from 3rd to 1st then no you are not a pretty good 3rd baseman. Ammo playing 3rd is kind of a joke but I have no doubt he could make the throw if he could stop the

He does have a rocket launcher for an arm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWillScrewItUp View Post
    An error is an error is the way I look at it. .
    well, that's not really a true statement. Some are worse than others

But aGAIN, if we play Norris there, we get less errors- but other teams get more hits vs us

vCash
    well, that's not really a true statement. Some are worse than others

But aGAIN, if we play Norris there, we get less errors- but other teams get more hits vs us
    A hit past Norris into left field is a single a ball stopped by frost and thrown away stands a greater chance of the hitter getting to 2nd base. Just my opinion.

vCash

Now there's an oxymoronic statement: "Frost is actually a pretty good 3rd baseman. Most of his errors are of the throwing variety because he doesnt really have the arm to be a 3rd baseman." Exactly, he's not a good 3rd baseman BECAUSE he doesn't have the arm to be a 3rd baseman. There are lots of good fielders who have to play 2nd base because there arm isn't strong enough for 3rd or even SS. Frost will always be a liability over there because of his arm strength but that doesn't seem to bother Cohen.