Thread: Lindgren looking STRONG today through the first 4 innings*

vCash

Lindgren looking STRONG today through the first 4 innings*

vCash
    Great! Just when I think we're getting our starting pitching in order. Lindgren gets hurt. Now we're hoping he's ok and trying to hold onto this lead. Knew things were going to well...

vCash
    Guess I jinxed that. Not only are we in deep trouble in the top of the 5th it looks like Lindgren may have just injured his leg pretty badly.

vCash
    If I see gentry in a tight sec game again, Cohen is an idiot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msstate7 View Post
    If I see gentry in a tight sec game again, Cohen is an idiot
    Well if doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result equals idiocy then you may be right. Guess I just don't understand with all the pitchers we had available why Gentry gets the call in what is the most critical time of the game.
    Last edited by maroonmania; 04-07-2013 at 02:56 PM.

vCash
    Cohen doesn't make our pitching changes...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Well if doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result equals idiocy then you may be right.
    I'm probably too hard on gentry. If we're going to bring him in, it should be with no one on.

vCash
    Question. When bases are loaded with no outs and you are making a change, why not bring in holder to limit the damage? I know that isnt when you bring your closer in but it is obiously the point where the game is won or lost. What does it matter if you burn him at that point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Cohen doesn't make our pitching changes...
    The HC has final say on everything. If he wasn't at least OK with it then it wouldn't happen.

vCash
    The HC has final say on everything. If he wasn't at least OK with it then it wouldn't happen.
    That is correct. I put the blame on both Cohen and Butch.

vCash
    That's fine and good -- but it is Butch's call 99% of the time on pitching changes. If you are blaming, you might as well place it correctly.

vCash
    I could kill Butch right now for not bringing Ross in. Gentry will be good, but he is still learning his arm slot. He may be the next Caleb Reed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I could kill Butch right now for not bringing Ross in. Gentry will be good, but he is still learning his arm slot. He may be the next Caleb Reed.
    If we needed a righty.... it should've been Bracewell. Then give the ball to Ross and let Holder finish it out.

I'm Cohen's biggest fan, but I was really disappointed to see Gentry and Girodo gets those batters today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    If we needed a righty.... it should've been Bracewell. Then give the ball to Ross and let Holder finish it out.

I'm Cohen's biggest fan, but I was really disappointed to see Gentry and Girodo gets those batters today.
    Well, it was Butch's decision- but a topic I'm sure that will be well talked about in the coach's meeting tonight. Totally agree Mizzou

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well, it was Butch's decision- but a topic I'm sure that will be well talked about in the coach's meeting tonight. Totally agree Mizzou
    Cohen should have stepped in then. Everyone knows who should've come in. How can our coaches not?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Msstate7 View Post
    Cohen should have stepped in then. Everyone knows who should've come in. How can our coaches not?
    they dont williy-nilly decide- that decision to bring in Gentry was made before the game started. And why I said it will be a well-talked about topic in the meeting

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ennis Del Mar View Post
    Question. When bases are loaded with no outs and you are making a change, why not bring in holder to limit the damage? I know that isnt when you bring your closer in but it is obiously the point where the game is won or lost. What does it matter if you burn him at that point?
    That's exactly when you should use your "closer."

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    That was probably the worst inning of baseball I have seen in a long time, talk about putting a freshman in a horrible position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    That was probably the worst inning of baseball I have seen in a long time, talk about putting a freshman in a horrible position
    Especially considering we've brought Ross into a situation similar like every week.