Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott a done deal?

vCash

Scott a done deal?

Anyone hearing that. $1.5 MIL per year guaranteed maybe??

vCash
    Heard 1.4, which isn't much difference.

If he has any gonads at all, he's moving to Gainsville.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Heard 1.4, which isn't much difference.

If he has any gonads at all, he's moving to Gainsville.
    I know it was reported originally as $1 MIL with $400K bonus, to go ahead and make that or the $1.5 MIL guaranteed for 5 years will be hard to turn down and they are really really wanting Scott. Very badly. For all the ones who don't think highly of him I believe that may make him the second highest paid AD in the nation.

ETA. The $1.5 MIL would put him as the second highest paid AD in the country.
    Last edited by Really Clark?; 09-21-2016 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Really Clark? View Post
    I know it was reported originally as $1 MIL with $400K bonus, to go ahead and make that or the $1.5 MIL guaranteed for 5 years will be hard to turn down and they are really really wanting Scott. Very badly. For all the ones who don't think highly of him I believe that may make him the second highest paid AD in the nation.
    I still don't understand why so many don't like him. His only poor hire was Ray, which he rectified with Howland. He's overseen multiple stadium renovations and constructions, our brand has grown exponentially during his tenure, and he has overseen Massine growth in the Bulldog Club and yearly donations. This guy has done exactly what we needed him to do. I would say at worst he's a Top 3 AD in the SEC and the actions of Florida make it seem like he might the best in the conference.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Because he won't stand up to Mullen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I still don't understand why so many don't like him. His only poor hire was Ray, which he rectified with Howland. He's overseen multiple stadium renovations and constructions, our brand has grown exponentially during his tenure, and he has overseen Massine growth in the Bulldog Club and yearly donations. This guy has done exactly what we needed him to do. I would say at worst he's a Top 3 AD in the SEC and the actions of Florida make it seem like he might the best in the conference.
    They think that the ONLY criteria in which the President grades AD's on is coaching hires that translate to wins on the field. Not that it's not a part of it but only a percentage. Making money so you are not dipping much into the schools general fund, which around 85%??? Of athletic departments are having to do, including a lot of big elite programs. Increasing the sports profile, marketing, infrastructure, long term planning for the continue success of the school all play a big role as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Nevermind... I've seen your pointless rants.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    Nevermind... I've seen your pointless rants.
    Kinda though my post was actually straight to the point and pretty succinct...

vCash
    This will hurt MSU athletics. I don't think Stricklin is infallible, but he understands the place. MSU isn't like anywhere else, it's on the biggest stage, yet has some of the biggest challenges out of just about anywhere. A replacement will have unlearn, then relearn everything, costing us time. Time not a friend of MSU. I wish we at least had someone lined up.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Sometimes it's just what a place needs....someone that doesn't know the place

vCash
    In case you haven't noticed, it takes our fans a LOOOOONNNNGG time to forget and forgive in some cases. Yes, he has done a few things that I don't care for- but nothing where I thought he should be fired. He has done a LOT more things that I liked.

vCash
    Sometimes it's just what a place needs....someone that doesn't know the place
    Your right Carl Maddox, out of LSU did a hell of a job.

vCash
    It basically comes down to his demeanor and accent. Seriously. People see/hear him and just assume he's an 'aw shucks' guy who gets steamrolled in 'big boy' business dealings. It's stupid. Stricklin is fantastic.

vCash
    If Dan has a bad year, I think he will. In the meantime since he is the face of our athletic dept. he should support Dan no matter what. If he didn't support Dan I think it would potentially affect the hiring of Dan's replacement. I don't care for Dan either and think he should have left on his own last year but at the same time I understand why we didn't and shouldn't have fired him.

And I understand that you are talking about other things such as assistant coaches as well- but we don't know what the conversations in the off season were between the two. Scott could have brought that up to Dan and told Dan "If not replacing Hevesy and Sallach doesn't work, YOU could be gone." Or that might be a reason why Dan's contract wasn't extended as well as losing the Egg Bowl and shopping himself around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    If Scott leaves, I think we should hire Tulane's AD. He made a GREAT baseball hire by landing David Pierce who turned their program around in a year and got hired by Texas and I think he made a good football hire for Tulane in Willie Fritz who runs a spread option attack that I think fits what Tulane recruits pretty well and will pay dividends over time.

vCash
    Generally speaking the overall primary job of an AD is to raise funds. He's done that. Coach selection is also important but few hires are made by AD's without a lot of input from other interested parties. He's certainly not irreplacable but if the wrong one gets the job it could potentially be a major hurdle down the road.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    If Scott leaves, I think we should hire Tulane's AD. He made a GREAT baseball hire by landing David Pierce who turned their program around in a year and got hired by Texas and I think he made a good football hire for Tulane in Willie Fritz who runs a spread option attack that I think fits what Tulane recruits pretty well and will pay dividends over time.
    I'd give Memphis' AD a call

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    MSU ain't LSU though.

vCash
    As late as last spring there were many Tulane people wanting him fired with Cowen. Now because Tulane is private they don't disclose his salary but I think I read it rumored to be around $600,000. I could be wrong on that though. I do believe his recent hires have helped calm the natives but his big big knock was he didn't really know sports.

Banned
    vCash
    If Dan has a bad year, I think he will.
    How's he going to stand up to Dan? Call him from Gainesville and shake his fist through the phone? If he takes the UF job, he's gonna be gone in like 2 weeks. Foley steps down next week. And that's exactly what seems to be happening according to multiple sources.