Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The mentality of some of our fans

vCash

The mentality of some of our fans

You know what pisses me off. Fans that are ok with losing! I have read on here and other boards about how we hung together and we were tough and we should be happy. Let me say something about that. WE ARE 1-2 WITH A LOSS to a 1-2 sun belt team!!!!! And another item it's F 'ing year 8!!! You so called fans that accept losing is why thunder Dan doesn't give a SH!T. Why would he? Win a few games go to a bowl game and they will love me.... We should NEVER be happy about a loss!!!! That is utterly stupid and you "fans" that are happy we kept it close or golly gee we will getem next time are the main culprits on why we are looked down on by other sec fans. You people don't want to win!!!

Wake up! Dan and staff Have not recruited in two years and now he is loading up on JUCOs. Coincidence? I think not. Wrap your head around the fact we offered the entire Co-Lin DL and a safety! In year 8!!!!. We have issues folks

Thunder Dan will not play his more talented younger players. Why? Cause he coaches scared. Scared that a RB will fumble, scared a QB will throw an int, scared we miss a tackle or block. He coaches not to lose. I want a coach that plays the better players regardless of class. Play the more talented younger players. Let them learn from mistakes

Now let me say that I appreciate what Dan has done, but the time comes when we will have to part ways. Dan is so set in his ways and such a smug ass he thinks he is so much smarter than any of us, and it's our fans that allow it. Holloway up the middle every single time. GTOH... I want a coach that has his players playing like their damn hair is on fire and young players want to come here to play hard and win!!!

In closing I want our fans to not accept losing not accept not recruiting not accept playing LSU close. People that are happy with a loss make me sick. Are you happy with a loss in your job??? Hell no! We should expect and demand more. So STOP being happy with a loss.
    It's time for thunder Dan and Hev to hit the road.
    Last edited by Dawgfan77; 09-18-2016 at 03:11 PM.

vCash
    Well we're 1-2.

vCash
    Good catch

vCash
    Happy with a close loss to LSU doesn't equal happy with the loss to USA.
    Saying Mullen doesn't care is dumb. I quit reading at that.

vCash
    If we fire every coach after a loss, gonna need to upgrade our secret buyout trust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    Happy with a close loss to LSU doesn't equal happy with the loss to USA.
    Saying Mullen doesn't care is dumb. I quit reading at that.
    Question. Are you ok with the loss?

vCash
    The fact that fans bother you this much might point to an underlying issue you need to get checked out**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If we fire every coach after a loss, gonna need to upgrade our secret buyout trust
    Would you rather stay the course with Mullen and risk falling further down or rebuild with another coach

The buyout is not an issue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Would you rather stay the course with Mullen and risk falling further down or rebuild with another coach

I'd rather he finish the year and evaluate then

vCash
    I feel like I'm in a third group that you don't describe. I'm never happy with a loss and not satisfied with playing folks close. At the same time I have been watching State games for about 50 years. I also know that we are in fact historically the SEC program with the worst winning percentage.
    Do I wish for SEC and National championships, hail yes. But am I going to fail to enjoy the best of times I have seen over the last 50 years, hail no. Please forgive old farts like me for wanting more but also for enjoying a lot of what we see as opposed to all we have seen with our own eyes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
    I feel like I'm in a third group that you don't describe. I'm never happy with a loss and not satisfied with playing folks close. At the same time I have been watching State games for about 50 years. I also know that we are in fact historically the SEC program with the worst winning percentage.
    Do I wish for SEC and National championships, hail yes. But am I going to fail to enjoy the best of times I have seen over the last 50 years, hail no. Please forgive old farts like me for wanting more but also for enjoying a lot of what we see as opposed to all we have seen with our own eyes.
    Look oldtimer, the only thing holding us back from top 10 recruiting classes, sec championships, and a natty every 3-4 years is Dan Mullen and hevesy!**

vCash
    Question. Are you ok with the loss?
    USA? No. That was inexcusable. Mullen owened it though.

LSU? I'm not happy but....not ready to fire everyone.

Oldwave put it well.

vCash

Why is "falling further down" the only option? Between the 15-17 recruiting classes, it's likely that this turns out to be nothing more than a rebuilding year

Banned
    vCash
    I thought Damian should start bc he had experience in pressure games. Once LSU slowed a bit defensively then bring in Fitz but you never can tell.

We aren't far from being 3-0 ...even with all this so that's telling.

vCash
    That USA team may go 1-11 with us as the one win. They were bad. I don't care how much Mullen owns it. IMO, the only way he makes up for that loss is to beat Bama or beat someone he shouldn't that is a top 10 top 5 team.

vCash
    I remember the days I got that upset at losing......I survived those years thankfully. Still don't like losing, but don't go apes**t anymore. Life is much better that way. I am in to the game when it is played, but when it's over....it's over. Going nuts doesn't change anything. The year will play out and then decisions will be made. Thankfully I am not one of the deciders and no one on this board is either.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    Why is "falling further down" the only option? Between the 15-17 recruiting classes, it's likely that this turns out to be nothing more than a rebuilding year
    I'm really hoping this is the case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Not to mention, will need a shit load of coaches.

vCash

If Mullen was fired now, please tell the board who the next head football coach at MSU would be? No known coach would want to take the job, after what Mullen has accomplished here and then him be fired mid season. I guess you didn't experience the lean years prior to Jackie, either?

Banned
    vCash
    State and schools like us are where coaches come to kill their careers..The best years ,for me, were those when Mr. Tyler and Mr. Sherril were with us...The chaos generated with a coaching change guarantees at least two ,maybe three, losing seasons in a row...New coaches don't usually win with other coaches' recruits; multiple reasons not the least of which is credit to the previous coach..You may feel our fans are complacent but an analogy I might give you is the guy who has a canteen of potable but old,somewhat dirty water . This guy can have clean,freah water if he crosses the mine field immediately in front of him...Is it worth it in the short run ? Perhaps , but he knows he can drink the water he has with just a little risk while the mine field is fairly terminal...All coaches struggle with play calling; the big dog schools have an abundance of quality players and the occasional phantom call to protect them.We ,on the other hand, have almost always been a one misque and we're behind the eight ball kind of program so our coaching mistakes are magnified...Now, I suspect almost everyone is unhappy we lost the first game but ,in spite of the coaching, Mr. Mullen did not miss a chip shot field goal for the win...execution,execution,execution....I am also no hanging the loss on the missed field goal just adding some perspective...