Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on tonight

vCash

Thoughts on tonight

First, I want to say I am proud of the guys for not quitting, but with that being said, where was that effort the other 55 minutes? I understand we are a young team, but the least you can do is play hard. I had a high school coach tell our team if you make mistakes do it going 100 MPH. Our guys have got to learn to bring the intensity for 60 minutes. I thought the play calling was better overall tonight other than Hollaway up the middle as usual. One thing that does worry me is that we got no pass rush whatsoever and I thought that was a strength of our time. Overall did a decent job against Fournette. This team is young but they can still salvage 5 more wins and get to a bowl. Going to be tough but very possible. Everyone be safe traveling back from BR and hail state.

vCash
    I was disappointed in our pass rush when we got em in passing situations.

vCash
    Did Nick James play much tonight? Don't remember his name being called.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I was disappointed in our pass rush when we got em in passing situations.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed. Didn't mention this earlier, but I thought OL was decent at times, but did a horrible job of picking up blitzes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    Did Nick James play much tonight? Don't remember his name being called.
    Yeah, he got a penalty I think

vCash
    Yeah, he got a penalty I think
    The two killer penalty's were Leo's 15 yarder and Calvin taking out the kicker.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by It_Could_Happen View Post
    The two killer penalty's were Leo's 15 yarder and Calvin taking out the kicker.
    Both were highly questionable. You probably didn't see it as well as us at home

vCash
    No I didn't see either except on replay. I will say LSU does a good job on visitor seats. We had great tickets. 7th row in the end zone. Only bad part I got stuck behind the damn tubas.

vCash
    After watching UNM/Bama and our game the SEC officials don't seem to be very good at all. Jackie used to say you had to be good enough to beat the other team and the officials, but bad calls shouldn't dictate the outcome of any game.

vCash
    I also thought LF held on the 1st lsu td

vCash
    After watching UNM/Bama and our game the SEC officials don't seem to be very good at all. Jackie used to say you had to be good enough to beat the other team and the officials, but bad calls shouldn't dictate the outcome of any game.
    There were a few questionables that were not called but I do not think any penalty other than roughing the kicker would have changed the outcome of the game.

vCash
    We were soft, unable to impose our will, and frankly, I think a lot of these guys need to hit the weight room harder. Some of them look like it's been a few weeks.

vCash
    That's partially because Jackie's teams were so undisciplined. The 1999 Peach Bowl was the pinnacle of that where we set some kind of a record for penalties and still only allowed 7 points.

vCash
    I didn't see Leo's penalty but I did see him trying to pump up our crowd before that but he was on LSU's side of the ball at the time and I saw an official talk to him. So he probably had a short leash. On the roughing the kicker- there was no reason to even be that close to their kicker. They're going to flop if you get that close and it's probably going to get called. And they all played soccer so they're probably pretty good at flopping.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's partially because Jackie's teams were so undisciplined. The 1999 Peach Bowl was the pinnacle of that where we set some kind of a record for penalties and still only allowed 7 points.
    If targeting was called then, we might have set a record for penalty yards that would never be broken. We were laying some devestating hits

vCash
    If targeting was called then, we might have set a record for penalty yards that would never be broken. We were laying some devestating hits
    No doubt. Josh Morgan probably would have been banned from football.

vCash
    Yeah, we were like the old Raiders when we had the talent to be heavily penalized and still win some of the games. Had some real hitters on some of those teams until the wheels came off at the end. Lack of talent and no discipline is indeed a recipe for disaster.

vCash
    I'm glad someone else brought it up... the officiating was, at times, questionable today... in a few instances...
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Yeah, we were like the old Raiders when we had the talent to be heavily penalized and still win some of the games. Had some real hitters on some of those teams until the wheels came off at the end. Lack of talent and no discipline is indeed a recipe for disaster.
    I think everyone knows I'm a Mullen guy, but I really miss how attacking we used to be on defense.

vCash
    Ditto. I miss us attacking and playing physical on both sides of the ball. The game has changed, but I am growing tired of bend but don't break on D and pass happy O.