Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Helmet #Schwagg

vCash
    The problem is, that bulldog does not look ferocious. It looks like the kind of bulldog head that would be included on a generic animal card for a toddler's birthday. There is nothing unique or strong about it.

I don't like it being on both sides, either. If you're going abstract like that, go all the way.

vCash
    I wish people would get over the interlocking msu. We will more and likely never see it again. Let it go

vCash
    I kind of like it, but it's too big.. you can't even really tell it's a Bulldog... just looks like a bunch of lines, or some sort of tribal tattoo

vCash
    you go let it go if you want ... don't tell me what I like and don't like .... folks knew us better back then

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The problem is, that bulldog does not look ferocious. It looks like the kind of bulldog head that would be included on a generic animal card for a toddler's birthday. There is nothing unique or strong about it.

I don't like it being on both sides, either. If you're going abstract like that, go all the way.
    The concept of a "snarling bulldog, jaws agape at the facemask" was mine. ChillyBilly did the drawing and took all the credit. I, too, think he missed the mark a bit though. It does look too tame.

Don't get me wrong, I, like most, think the dude is extremely talented. But it still bothers me that he didn't give me any concept credit. He even denied it on a subsequent SPS thread when I reminded him after the university lauded him, gave him goodies, etc. To me, it sort of smacks of plagiarism, or not citing your references on a story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Barking 13 View Post
    I kind of like it, but it's too big.. you can't even really tell it's a Bulldog... just looks like a bunch of lines, or some sort of tribal tattoo
    Agree. I think after looking at it for several minutes I can finally detect the mouth and eyes, but no way you will be able to tell that on TV during a game. Oh well, looks like we will always have tweaks in the uni design. Not a fan but I can over look if we are winning. And that remains to be seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklistedbully View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I, like most, think the dude is extremely talented. But it still bothers me that he didn't give me any concept credit.
    He is talented and definitely has an idea for what will look good.

That being said, most of his designs are extremely templated. Play NCAA Football and create a team, and you'll basically find the template he uses. It's almost always the triple stripe shoulder and triple stripe helmet, and he uses a lot of gray as accents.

Do they look good? Yes. Is it terribly hard to come up with? No. The main advantage he has is some kind of sweet software that actually allows you to put ideas out that look legitimate.

Some of his ideas, like this crappy bulldog head (which I realize is just one of the university logos), are not good. To me, if he were truly a genius, he would design his own logos.

vCash
    He is talented and definitely has an idea for what will look good.

That being said, most of his designs are extremely templated. Play NCAA Football and create a team, and you'll basically find the template he uses. It's almost always the triple stripe shoulder and triple stripe helmet, and he uses a lot of gray as accents.

Do they look good? Yes. Is it terribly hard to come up with? No. The main advantage he has is some kind of sweet software that actually allows you to put ideas out that look legitimate.

Some of his ideas, like this crappy bulldog head (which I realize is just one of the university logos), are not good. To me, if he were truly a genius, he would design his own logos.

Yeah, but the bulldog head was MY CONCEPT, not his. That's what ticks me off. He never gave me any credit, even denying the above referenced exchange on SPS ever happened. I agree that his final design was not exactly what I had in mind, but it quite clearly was my concept. I would have appreciated some acknowledgment on his part.

vCash
    No, I got you. That is extremely annoying for you, I'm sure; I'm just talking about his designs themselves and the fact that he isn't the genius people try to make him out to be.

He definitely takes pride in being THE uniform guy, so I'm sure he would never give anyone else credit for something, especially if it was actually used by State.

vCash

That bulldog has been one of the school's official logo for as long as we've had the new banner M State logos.

And it looks a lot better than walking bully.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckDOG View Post
    Those are awesome.
    My 8 year old approves. He calls them "sweet".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubb Rubb View Post
    My 8 year old approves. He calls them "sweet".
    My 7 yr old say "Cool, can I have one?"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FlabLoser View Post
    That bulldog has been one of the school's official logo for as long as we've had the new banner M State logos.

And it looks a lot better than walking bully.
    I know it has, and I think it's terrible. It's not just a State problem, though. Everyone is moving toward computer animated graphics and they all look similar and generic. But even with clip art, you can come up with something better than what we have. It's just a bland bulldog head. If you told someone in an art class, 'You have 2 minutes, draw me a bulldog head,' this would be the result. UGA's bulldog logo looks kind of weird, but at least it has some character.

vCash
    Let me guess, Transformers was the best movie ever made, right?

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Truthfully, the team seems to be excited about it. If the team is excited, I don't care what it looks like. Excited team=motivated team. Just my two cents.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fader21 View Post
    I wish people would get over the interlocking msu. We will more and likely never see it again. Let it go
    That's sort of like Alabama putting a letter "A" on their helmets and asking their fans to get over it. To me, the interlocking MSU is part of Mississippi State football and tradition.

Personally, I feel like the leaders in our athletic dept. are being huge douchebags trying to force the M-State logo down our throats. All Greg did was change the LT/Croom logo to a more modern sporty looking one. I think it's fairly obvious that most State fans like the interlocking MSU in some way, shape, or form whether or not they liked the Nike uniforms or not.

This new logo- we actually had a similar logo back in the 1960's which was a LOT smaller. So, I do kind of like how it is retro in a way.

vCash
    So do you have any of these posts stored and saved for proof that this was your idea? Or did you just make a post that, "you know what would look cool on the side of a helmet? A outline of a bulldog head with his mouth open at the face mask!" If it is just the latter, you need to get over it dude. You did nothing about it and CB has made more uniform designs than Adidas for our uni's. now if you have proof of a back and forth between you and he then you have something.
    Last edited by whosyourdawgy; 08-28-2013 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Screwed up. Damn iPhone.

vCash
    I think Nike owns that logo and after Jackie Wayne got mad about Oregin wearing air conditioned jersies, designed by our sponsor, against us our relationship with them was over.

It alarmist came back if Strick has hired Kenny Payne, but that's neither here nor there at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post
    Truthfully, the team seems to be excited about it. If the team is excited, I don't care what it looks like. Excited team=motivated team. Just my two cents.
    If you don't care what it looks like, then why are you posting an opinion on it? If you don't like it, then "truthfully" say so.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkernhelldawg View Post
    If you don't care what it looks like, then why are you posting an opinion on it? If you don't like it, then "truthfully" say so.
    I never said I didn't like it. I never said I did like it. If you don't believe me, read my previous posts. I'm simply stating that if the players would be excited/motivated if they wore bulldog outfits out there, then by all means produce the bulldog outfits for the players to wear. The end justifies the means. Obviously the players are excited (at least Nick Griffin is) since he said that he was excited and created the hashtag #Schwagg. So before you start tossing around accusations at someone, do a little research on what they have posted previously in the forum.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner