Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where we are as a program

vCash

Where we are as a program

2014- Great season- Mullen is the toast of college football. No big jobs open up he would want except Florida- and he knew there was no chance there with him and Foley. Plus Dakota was returning- stand pat and negotiate the contract extension.

2015- OL is dogshit and Prescott starts the season with cracked ribs from an Auto accident. Minimize running for the QB. Team finishes 8-4 and interesting jobs open up for Mullen. Mullen knows the talent level is dropping off plus the Mississippi NCAA investigation, their tactics, forces him to look at other options. Thinks he has Miami job- then Mark Richt becomes available and Mullen is pushed aside. Georgia AD- Mullen's buddy- doesnt have the stroke to hire him yet- he loses that chance. Megan is adament she doesnt want to go to Maryland- Mullen says no thank you.

Jan 2016- Mullen realizes he better kiss some Admin ass and hire the best recruiters he can to improve the program. Miami teaches him he isnt an "A-list" coach just yet. He better work his ass off to secure a future. Realizes his road is about to get bumpy.

Fall 2016- Mullen saw this coming and better be ready to handle the outcome

This post is based on real life situations and stories. Parental Discretion is advised

vCash
    When Mullen wins 8 this year, I'll be happy and you'll be mad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When Mullen wins 8 this year, I'll be happy and you'll be mad
    I'll be in the Scoreboard Club for every home game this season. If we go 8-4- I'll be ecstatic and even happier because I love the BBQ nachos they serve. Mullen wins 8 this year with this team-he is the mf'ing Man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I'll be in the Scoreboard Club for every home game this season. If we go 8-4- I'll be ecstatic and even happier because I love the BBQ nachos they serve. Mullen wins 8 this year with this team-he is the mf'ing Man.
    What about 7? Would he be mullenbury then?

vCash
    I really don't see 8 wins as a stretch. 9 wins would be a stretch, but not 8. 7 is expected with this schedule.

vCash
    We're fine.

Some things have occurred that I don't like, regarding Mullen. But a fire may have been lit to try to get himself mentioned in the upper echelon of coaches.

Some things arent as bad as internet coaches think. Some areas are trending up, some are status quo. But new staff may help in those areas. If we can go bowling in a "rebuilding year" then there's no comparison to any other time in our programs history.

I ALWAYS refer to the side of coaches knowing more than we as fans do despite what latest internet meme exists regarding the program. And developing and getting the most out of players hasn't been an issue the last 8 years.

The sky is not falling...in fact the ceiling has risen. I'm looking forward to an exciting year where I think we may lose one we shouldn't but may jump up and bite a team we shouldn't.

vCash
    8-4 and 9-4 with a bowl game is how i see it. Not sure why you are so negative with our easy schedule. It's about as easy as they come.

vCash
    Mark it down - 8 and celebrate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    I really don't see 8 wins as a stretch. 9 wins would be a stretch, but not 8. 7 is expected with this schedule.
    We'll just disagree

Every SEC West team has more talent than us. Home games vs Auburn and UPig give us a chance. Bama, LSU, Mississippi, and A&M are going to pimp us

vCash
    Where are we as a program? Better than any other time in modern history. And we have Mullen to thank for that. If he leaves tomorrow he would have taken our program to a place our fanbase didn't think was possible a decade ago when we were begging just to be 6-6. Agenda much?

vCash
    I'll be happy with .500 this year. Anyone who wants Mullen to leave is an idiot. Its between him and JWS for the second best coach in our history, the best being Darrel Royal who made himself at Texas. While I want continuous improvement as much as anybody, I don't think magically and don't expect unrealistic things from our program. Engdawg out.

vCash
    We'll just disagree

Every SEC West team has more talent than us. Home games vs Auburn and UPig give us a chance. Bama, LSU, Mississippi, and A&M are going to pimp us
    Lol, Arkansas doesn't. Auburn is a dumpster fire right now. A&M might quit by the time we play them. LSU and Alabama have more talent then any teams in the country let alone us. Ole Miss has more talent then us because they cheat like a mofo. We should still be 4-4 with SEC west wins over Arkansas and Auburn at our place and we are winning against the two shit SEC east teams on our schedule. Like I said, 8-4 and 9-4 with the bowl win.

vCash
    We'll just disagree

That's 4 losses you just guaranteed. I'll guarantee 4 wins (USA, Samford, umass, USCe). That leaves 4 toss ups, two of which are at home (ark and aub), one of which has never beaten Mullen (Ky), and byu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Where are we as a program? Better than any other time in modern history. And we have Mullen to thank for that. If he leaves tomorrow he would have taken our program to a place our fanbase didn't think was possible a decade ago when we were begging just to be 6-6. Agenda much?
    I really dont understand this post. Yes- we are better than at any other time in our history- we also have more money and resources than at any time in our history. We are supposed to be doing this. I have marked your username down and welcome you to return to debate me should we go 6-6 with a 2 TD loss to Mississippi in the Egg Bowl. I have a hard time thinking people will see things the same way then
    Last edited by Random Poster; 08-20-2016 at 10:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EngDawg View Post
    I'll be happy with .500 this year. Anyone who wants Mullen to leave is an idiot.
    Why are you mentioning coaches leaving? We are just talking about his season and predictions on performance

vCash
    We'll just disagree

You're off here. Talent doesn't equate to automatic wins. I suspect UM implodes mid season as does A&M (remember something within the program pushed their #1 and #2 QBs to leave after last season).

If we don't have a "let down" game, 9 wins is very realistic... Mark this post down so you don't forget that your projected us to get pimped by those 4 teams...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Lol, Arkansas doesn't. Auburn is a dumpster fire right now. A&M might quit by the time we play them. LSU and Alabama have more talent then any teams in the country let alone us. Ole Miss has more talent then us because they cheat like a mofo. We should still be 4-4 with SEC west wins over Arkansas and Auburn at our place and we are winning against the two shit SEC east teams on our schedule. Like I said, 8-4 and 9-4 with the bowl win.
    Thats your OPINION. When it doesnt play out that way- lets talk

vCash
    This is a 2012 schedule with better talent. We will go 8-4 with losses to LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, and probably A&M. We have a lot of talent on our team on both sides of the ball. Better yet, teams more then likely overlook us. There is also a really good chance that both A&M and Auburn have new coaches next year as well. Sumlin has put all his eggs in the Trevor Knight basket and if he fails A&M will suck this year. Auburn has no real good QB option either this year to run Malzhan's offense. With some of the huge question marks other teams have (and there are many), we are more likely to go 9-3 then 6-6.

vCash
    I guess Random Poster's agenda has gone from Stans to Mullen. I doubt this ends like that one did.
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-20-2016 at 10:45 PM.

vCash
    Why are you mentioning coaches leaving? We are just talking about his season and predictions on performance
    I'm not happy with your post
    Last edited by Coach34; 08-20-2016 at 10:46 PM.