Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big loss for OK State

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Big loss for OK State

Don't wish injuries on anyone, but this may impact our game.

http://m.newsok.com/osu-football-cow...rticle/3876244

vCash
    Beat me to it.

Autry has to exploit this.

vCash
    thats gonna hurt
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    The planets are aligning......

vCash
    Preston Smith will be this match-up...and he should do well on the pass rush

vCash
    If we can get constant pressure it'll be a different ball game! New RB, new LT, unimpressive defense... the stars could be aligning.

vCash
    For a team that loves to pass this has to be a huge blow.

vCash
    Collins is probably sporting a sly grin while reading this thread. [Whispers the word "mayhem"]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Collins is probably sporting a sly grin while reading this thread. [Whispers the word "mayhem"]

vCash
    I see it being a bigger blown in the run game. They don't give up sacks. they ran over 1,000 plays last year and were top 10 I believe in sacks allowed. That's impressive considering the number of plays they ran and the QB being in the shotgun all the time. Their system is awesome... it has some elements of Ken Dorsey's progression at the U. He would go through his reads and his 3rd or 4th read every play was a throw away. He never got sacked (until he threw the national championship game) because he knew where to get rid of the ball for every passing play. Okie State seems to have a similar system although I haven't watched them enough to be sure. With the U, Dorsey RARELY ever went back to his original read even if he had time.

vCash
    I agree with Political Hack and I doubt it will lead to much more in the way of sacks for our team. Their system doesn't have the qb sitting in the pocket long enough for guys to be too disruptive unless blocks are just completely whiffed. However, I feel it will affect them in the running game. If they move their previous tackle over from his guard spot, that opens the interior part of the line to some inexperience from a fairly good DL that we should have. If we can do anything to stop their passing, we should have a huge advantage because their run game will definitely be hindered.

vCash
    Big loss no matter how you look at it.

vCash
    I believe their starting LT from last season had been moved to guard this year. I imagine they'll just move him back to LT and plug in another player at guard. Not sure it will be as big a loss as it appears.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    I believe their starting LT from last season had been moved to guard this year. I imagine they'll just move him back to LT and plug in another player at guard. Not sure it will be as big a loss as it appears.
    They lose one of their best offensive linemen- to play somebody that wasnt good enough to start. And they have to do this full-time now.
    They also now have their 2nd best LT playing there instead of their best.

Big loss for them. Also leaves them with less depth now

Imagine us losing Clausell, moving Malone to LT, and then starting Beckwith full-time. That would certainly make us not as good as we were

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They lose one of their best offensive linemen- to play somebody that wasnt good enough to start. And they have to do this full-time now.
    They also now have their 2nd best LT playing there instead of their best.

Big loss for them. Also leaves them with less depth now

Imagine us losing Clausell, moving Malone to LT, and then starting Beckwith full-time. That would certainly make us not as good as we were

Imagine us losing James Carmon.

Imagine Ole Miss losing "only" Michael Oher.

I've seen this movie many times and its always good for the defense. Collins is licking his chops.

vCash
    The guy was good enough to start at LT last year. He is good enough to start this year.

I'm thinking Parker Graham is their best offensive lineman. They moved him inside to help with run blocking because pass blocking is less important to them. The guy who was just lost to an ACL has never played a down of college football according to a poster on one of their sites. It's highly illogical to think that he was their "best" LT over a guy that started every game there last year.

Because of their offensive scheme and how low the likelihood of sacks coming from the DE position is, I believe they were willing to move their best OL inside and let a younger, less experienced player handle the LT position

If anything, this loss hurts their run blocking. The LT position is probably stronger now than last week because they have a better, more experienced player there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg4Life View Post
    The guy was good enough to start at LT last year. He is good enough to start this year.

I'm thinking Parker Graham is their best offensive lineman. They moved him inside to help with run blocking because pass blocking is less important to them. The guy who was just lost to an ACL has never played a down of college football according to a poster on one of their sites. It's highly illogical to think that he was their "best" LT over a guy that started every game there last year.

Because of their offensive scheme and how low the likelihood of sacks coming from the DE position is, I believe they were willing to move their best OL inside and let a younger, less experienced player handle the LT position

If anything, this loss hurts their run blocking. The LT position is probably stronger now than last week because they have a better, more experienced player there.
    You need to check things out before you post.

Davis started the last 2 games last year- he took the job from their starter because he was better. He was a R-Fr last year and they brought him along slow- and as the season wore on he played more and more- eventually taking the job. The other guy got moved to guard because even though he wasnt the best tackle- he was still one of their best 5 linemen.

They are putting a lesser player at LT than what they had- and putting a lesser player now at Guard. Only an idiot would think this is a positive for them

vCash
    Only an idiot would think this is a positive for them
    This.

vCash
    You need to check things out before you post.

Davis started the last 2 games last year- he took the job from their starter because he was better. He was a R-Fr last year and they brought him along slow- and as the season wore on he played more and more- eventually taking the job. The other guy got moved to guard because even though he wasnt the best tackle- he was still one of their best 5 linemen.
    They are putting a lesser player at LT than what they had- and putting a lesser player now at Guard. Only an idiot would think this is a positive for them
    As I said, I was reading and relying on what some of their posters were saying about the injury. I don't doubt they could be wrong as some were confused about the guy's class. I never said it was a positive for them because I think the guard position Parker Graham is leaving will be weaker. But, the difference at LT may not be that great because of how they run their offense.

Speaking of idiots though ....

Why do you do stuff like this?

Coach34 ‏@Wool34 14h

@CoachDanMullen allow me to suggest having Nick James speak to former State player Dontae Walker. Tae (00-03) went to prison instead of NFL

None of our coaches ever acknowledge you. Yet, you insist on calling them out ... giving them "advice" ... on a public forum like Twitter. While slighting our current and former players at the same time. At this point, you don't know if anything is going on with Nick James. All that is rumor, but you insist on acting like you have insight and access to our coaches. Or that they value your opinion. Which they do not.

Stop making a fool of yourself by calling out our players and coaches like that. It doesn't help at all.

Please and thank you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg4Life View Post

Seriously? You think a pass happy team is going to willfully move a weaker lineman to block their QB's blind side?? Come on, mane!