Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Fitz quote, "Our defense is awesome. It's the best since I've been here."

vCash

Nick Fitz quote, "Our defense is awesome. It's the best since I've been here."

With all the uncertainty, this seems to be a constant coming out of camp. Our defense appears to be primed for a big season.

Listen to Fitz

vCash
    Hopefully it isn't just the offense is the worst its been in fitz's career.

vCash
    Our defense is full of head hunters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hopefully it isn't just the offense is the worst its been in fitz's career.
    I don't think that's the case. You can tell with the way he says it that he truly believes the defense is for real

vCash
    Does our defense have the ability to carry us like OM's did 2 years ago?

vCash
    If we're going to contend with LSU and Alabama we have to have a championship defense. On paper this is the best defense we've ever had. Let's see what it is on the field.

He also said the offense looked good too.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Actually, he said it's the best, "scheme" that we've had since he's been here. That speaks to Peter Sirmon and staff, as much as it does the players.
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 08-18-2016 at 09:39 PM.

vCash
    Does our defense have the ability to carry us like OM's did 2 years ago?
    That would be nice. Say what you want though, Bo Wallace was a play maker at QB. While he certainly made mistakes, he had no fear & made plays.

vCash
    Watching him react to the questions, it's amazing how even the young players have learned not to trust Mike Bonner.

vCash
    "DBs looking phenomenal"

"Backs are picking up protection"

"Offense is looking phenomenal"

Hmm. Did he really say all of those things? Did I hear him correctly? Now, I do expect to see a badass defense this season at all positions personally.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    If we're going to contend with LSU and Alabama we have to have a championship defense. On paper this is the best defense we've ever had. Let's see what it is on the field.

Wow. I just don't see that at all. Questions at corner. Not sold on dl past Jefferson and Calvin and they aren't all league guys. Green has potential. But at this point it's potential. I'd love for you to be right.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    "DBs looking phenomenal"

"Backs are picking up protection"

"Offense is looking phenomenal"

Hmm. Did he really say all of those things? Did I hear him correctly? Now, I do expect to see a badass defense this season at all positions personally.
    Did he say we were less than awesome at any phase of the game? Wondering if fitz pumping the sunshine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF '94 View Post
    Watching him react to the questions, it's amazing how even the young players have learned not to trust Mike Bonner.
    Bonner's problem is that he feels like since he graduated from Syracuse, he has to always ask the smartest question.

vCash
    Did he say we were less than awesome at any phase of the game? Wondering if fitz pumping the sunshine
    Yeah, I think he had the same "phenomenal" answer to every question, except for himself and the OL(working hard every day, maybe). I just thought some of the answers were funny compared with majority expectation....
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    I have to ask. If he graduate from Syracuse wtf is he doing down here?

Banned
    vCash
    I'll say again, journalists are DOUCHES. You can tell he's just sitting there thinking, "you f*cking retards".

vCash
    Sounded a lot like "coach-speak". Talked a lot about how great the team is and how he's just trying to work hard and get better every day.

Watch his eyes, though. When asked about his play and the QB competition and who's going to be the starter, his demeanor and his answers were very deflective and contained a lot of "party line" answers.

I think his comments about the D are solid and truthful, but he's keeping his QB/offense information very close to the vest (much like Mullen does). I read that to mean that the QB questions have been answered (Fitz is the guy)and that the offense is looking good.

vCash
    This is the best coaching staff and all around talent CDM has had on Def. since he has been here..

vCash
    as the QB/a current player what else would you expect? I mean I'm sure there are phases we struggle and he might see but he's not gonna talk about that shit. the blanket answer for all this stuff nationwide is what you heard - they look awesome we're competing we're working hard we're battling etc etc etc. looking for actual info in these kinda interviews is a fruitless endeavor

Bonner is a turd can tell he's trying to ask some edgy shit.
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post

Bbbbbingo. This is the most talented defense we've ever had. Yes we lost some key pieces from last year but we've never had this many ******'s on the 2 deep that I can recall. I know y'all will say stars don't matter but this group is going to surprise the SEC. Just you wait.

Plus I'll never be concerned about offense or QB play under Mullen. OLine sometimes hurts us not we've been a top offense for years. If we sure up the defense and let our defensive stops be an offensive help, we will wear some folks out. Nick James came on strong last year. He will be the impact player that determines our season. If he can free up space for our LB's we will wreak havoc. I say he will. He's a bull.