Thread: TE Breakdown

vCash

TE Breakdown

Alright, C34 to starkville/callaway/ aside, let's start talking about position groups. It's time to start talking football again.

What are your takes on the TE position this year? Who is going to take a big step this year? How would we like to see them utilized? I will hang up and listen to your thoughts.

vCash
    I think it depends on if any of the 3 new big WRs (Couch, Todd, Mitchell) step up. If that happens and Justin Johnson isn't needed outside, I think the depth chart goes like this: J. Johnson/J. Thomas/Farrod Green, with the new guys (Jones and Roberson) red shirting.

vCash
    I really like the video that I saw of Jordan Thomas. A 6'7" tight end can bail a new qb out of a lot of difficult situations
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Jeremy Johnson is a solid player he's already shown that. He'll start backed up by Jordan Thomas I'll be anxious to see how we use him especially in the redzone after that I doubt any of the other guys see much time unless we have an injury

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GTHOM View Post
    Jeremy Johnson is a solid player he's already shown that. He'll start backed up by Jordan Thomas I'll be anxious to see how we use him especially in the redzone after that I doubt any of the other guys see much time unless we have an injury
    Justin Johnson. Jeremy is the overrated Qb from auburn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Justin Johnson. Jeremy is the overrated Qb from auburn
    Hahahaha I know my bad man God I hope he doesnt have a year like Jeremy had

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Jeremy is the overrated Qb from auburn
    Well after watching him play QB, auburn might move him to tight end.

vCash
    If Jordan Thomas is all that Dan Mullen thinks he is I would hope to see Justin Johnson at the X receiver spot. If not we should run 2 TE packages to take advantage of their size and blocking ability. This could help our OL in the running game as well as the passing game.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    If Jordan Thomas is all that Dan Mullen thinks he is I would hope to see Justin Johnson at the X receiver spot. If not we should run 2 TE packages to take advantage of their size and blocking ability. This could help our OL in the running game as well as the passing game.
    ^^^^^

vCash
    I just looked at a roster and it has Justin Johnson listed as a WR already. Did I miss something?
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I just looked at a roster and it has Justin Johnson listed as a WR already. Did I miss something?
    No he's not.

vCash
    No matter if they are listed as TEs or not, they can still be lined up in the slot and wreck shop like a Gronk or Jimmy Graham