Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Have No Idea What Comes Next Regarding OM

vCash

I Have No Idea What Comes Next Regarding OM

But I will say it's gonna be wild one way or the other.

I said awhile back, that if no staff members were fired before media days, Ole Miss is gonna skate by. I still believe that.

Let's be honest, when we say "OM won't do this, or OM won't do that" who are we really talking about? It's the Chancellor, the AD, a few big time boosters, and Hugh Freeze.

If the Chancellor KNOWS that they will get killed if heads don't roll, heads would roll.

That said, if the Chancellor BELIEVES that all is good, and all turns out not good, EVERYBODY'S head will roll including his own.

Shit rolls down hill, and cover thy own ass is the law of the land.

So Hugh believes they will skate or he would have rolled some heads. (With very handsome parachutes for his guys)

So Bjork think they skate, or heads would have been rolled, maybe even Hugh's. (Again with very handsome parachutes)

So the Chancellor thinks they will skate, or heads would have rolled. (Again with very, very handsome parachutes)

The boosters heads can't roll. They will continue to run things because they pay to run things.

As I said a while back, the strategy was to have lower level boosters take the blame, which really has no effect on the boosters what so ever, and to save Hugh Freeze.

They think they have done it. I really think they have complete faith that they have dodged the bullet.

So when we loosely say "They are all in" we are only talking about 3 men and a group of boosters.

Those 3 men have no innate, true love and loyalty to Ole Miss. It's a well paying job and they are loyal to the check and the advancement of their careers.

I can see Hugh being all in because what choice does he have? He's done if it goes south no matter what. Might as well hang on to the end.

Bjork realizes, like Freeze, that he's dead in the water no matter what if it is major penalties. Might as well hang on to the end also. They are joined at the hip. If Freezes gets it, Bjork gets it. Freeze can survive Bjork getting the axe. Bjork can't survive Hugh getting it. He may be AD, but he is less valuable the the main boosters than Freeze, and he knows it.

The Chancellor is dead if the other 2 get hit. But he could save his own ass if he sees it coming.

Therefore, again, either he truly believes they will skate, or he has been badly fooled.

The boosters will be their normal selves no matter what.

If they get hit they will fire everybody. They will cry crocodile tears over what Freeze did to "Their" program, knowing all along, that they are the most guilty guys in the room.

They will say assistants lied to Freeze, then Freeze lied to Bjork, then Bjork lied to the Chancellor, then the Chancellor lied to us.

They will then vow to never let it happen again, then go right out and hire a new snake oil salesman.

It's the Culture of Corruption.

But they really think they are gonna get off light. They truly do.

And it looks like, by their actions, or really non actions, that they will.

And if they don't?

Oh, boy, gonna be one hell of a show.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    No, even the chancellor was hired to be all in too.

They BELIEVE that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to drop a program crippling bomb on them so they are calling the bluff. As a veteran SEC coach [named Nick Saban] said if the NCAA does not hammer them it's going to be the "Wild wild West"
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I look at it two ways:

1. Ole Miss gets hammered and the collegiate model is preserved. In this case MSU continues to do business as they have done under Mullen.

2. Ole Miss gets off and everyone will see that the NCAA has no ability to convict in the face of overwhelming evidence. In this case, MSU boosters have a meeting with Stricklin & Keenum the next morning and outline a plan to set up a similar network. If they refuse, then we do what Ole Miss did, find a way to get a new AD and Pres.

vCash
    Or it could be they know heads are going to roll either way so its better just to ride it out. I mean they have 8 Level 1 violations in the first NOA and they really didn't dispute much of any of the findings as being inaccurate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    No, even the chancellor was hired to be all in too.

They BELIEVE that the NCAA doesn't have the balls to drop a program crippling bomb on them so they are calling the bluff. As a veteran SEC coach [named Nick Saban] said if the NCAA does not hammer them it's going to be the "Wild wild West"
    This ain't done in a vacuum. If the Chancellor really thought it was gonna be bad, he'd have rolled some heads. He's safe. The boosters can't fire him for "Saving" Ole Miss football from devastating penalties. OM is bigger than Freeze in the long run.

The NCAA penalties ain't like the OJ verdict. Where the guilty have no idea what's coming. They are given the courtesy "heads up" to lessen the blow.

See Croom, Sylvester, King of the Penalty Softeners.

No coach has ever survived a case like this if harsh penalties are possible.

Not Switzer, Dye, Bowden, Ford, Dubose, Sherrill, Pell, or even Paterno.

Much less assistants.

AGAIN, I was heard from one that will be there making decisions no matter who gets fired, that it ain't gonna be that bad, that boosters will be blamed, we saved Freeze and that was the main thing.
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    This ain't done in a vacuum. If the Chancellor really thought it was gonna be bad, he'd have rolled some heads. He's safe. The boosters can't fire him for "Saving" Ole Miss football from devastating penalties. OM is bigger than Freeze in the long run.

The NCAA penalties ain't like the OJ verdict. Where the guilty have no idea what's coming. They are given the courtesy "heads up" to lessen the blow.

See Croom, Sylvester, King of the Penalty Softeners.

No coach has ever survived a case like this if harsh penalties are possible.

Not Switzer, Dye, Bowden, Ford, Dubose, Sherrill, Pell, or even Paterno.

Much less assistants.

AGAIN, I was heard from one that will be there making decisions no matter who gets fired, that it ain't gonna be that bad, that boosters will be blamed, we saved Freeze and that was the main thing.
    Well then what did your guy say would be the penalties? From all accounts, theres still an ongoing investigation (or just ended) and I have a hard time believing the NCAA says don't sweat it, freeze is fine

vCash
    But I will say it's gonna be wild one way or the other.

I said awhile back, that if no staff members were fired before media days, Ole Miss is gonna skate by. I still believe that.

Let's be honest, when we say "OM won't do this, or OM won't do that" who are we really talking about? It's the Chancellor, the AD, a few big time boosters, and Hugh Freeze.

If the Chancellor KNOWS that they will get killed if heads don't roll, heads would roll.

That said, if the Chancellor BELIEVES that all is good, and all turns out not good, EVERYBODY'S head will roll including his own.

Shit rolls down hill, and cover thy own ass is the law of the land.

So Hugh believes they will skate or he would have rolled some heads. (With very handsome parachutes for his guys)

So Bjork think they skate, or heads would have been rolled, maybe even Hugh's. (Again with very handsome parachutes)

So the Chancellor thinks they will skate, or heads would have rolled. (Again with very, very handsome parachutes)

The boosters heads can't roll. They will continue to run things because they pay to run things.

As I said a while back, the strategy was to have lower level boosters take the blame, which really has no effect on the boosters what so ever, and to save Hugh Freeze.

They think they have done it. I really think they have complete faith that they have dodged the bullet.

So when we loosely say "They are all in" we are only talking about 3 men and a group of boosters.

Those 3 men have no innate, true love and loyalty to Ole Miss. It's a well paying job and they are loyal to the check and the advancement of their careers.

I can see Hugh being all in because what choice does he have? He's done if it goes south no matter what. Might as well hang on to the end.

Bjork realizes, like Freeze, that he's dead in the water no matter what if it is major penalties. Might as well hang on to the end also. They are joined at the hip. If Freezes gets it, Bjork gets it. Freeze can survive Bjork getting the axe. Bjork can't survive Hugh getting it. He may be AD, but he is less valuable the the main boosters than Freeze, and he knows it.

The Chancellor is dead if the other 2 get hit. But he could save his own ass if he sees it coming.

Therefore, again, either he truly believes they will skate, or he has been badly fooled.

The boosters will be their normal selves no matter what.

If they get hit they will fire everybody. They will cry crocodile tears over what Freeze did to "Their" program, knowing all along, that they are the most guilty guys in the room.

They will say assistants lied to Freeze, then Freeze lied to Bjork, then Bjork lied to the Chancellor, then the Chancellor lied to us.

They will then vow to never let it happen again, then go right out and hire a new snake oil salesman.

It's the Culture of Corruption.

But they really think they are gonna get off light. They truly do.

And it looks like, by their actions, or really non actions, that they will.

And if they don't?

Oh, boy, gonna be one hell of a show.
    It's been my understanding that firing a coach would be tantamount to admitting culpability. They don't want to do that as they are arguing the majority of the violation's severity. To fire a coach then argue against the allegations would swear your own argument. In regards to statements by the Chancellor I have no idea because I haven't heard them. I do know that "nothing to see here" has been UNM's party line since day one and I don't expect that to change. I would be interested to see if he was referring to their own "investigation" or the NCAA's investigation. All in all I imagine they will be singing "nothing to see here" as the ship burns and sinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Well then what did your guy say would be the penalties? From all accounts, theres still an ongoing investigation (or just ended) and I have a hard time believing the NCAA says don't sweat it, freeze is fine
    He didn't, and he didn't seem to care as long as Freeze was safe. I figure he thinks they will tack on a few more scholly's, but no show cause.

To tell the truth, that's what most State fans want, Freeze's ass, and what OM fan's want is to save Freeze.

I said all along it will be slightly worse than OM fans think, not near bad enough for us.

vCash
    He didn't, and he didn't seem to care as long as Freeze was safe. I figure he thinks they will tack on a few more scholly's, but no show cause.

To tell the truth, that's what most State fans want, Freeze's ass, and what OM fan's want is to save Freeze.

I said all along it will be slightly worse than OM fans think, not near bad enough for us.
    I want at least 1 year of postseason ban and 25-30 scholarships... That will end freeze in due time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I want at least 1 year of postseason ban and 25-30 scholarships... That will end freeze in due time
    Can't see it. If they thought that bad was coming, they'd shitcan somebody to lessen it.

vCash
    Can't see it. If they thought that bad was coming, they'd shitcan somebody to lessen it.
    I see 20+ now. But more coming under NOA, part II. To some degree, they will get what they have long deserved.
    The Plantation has never won an SEC regular season Championship in ANY men's sport with an integrated team. That defines irrelevance.

vCash
    I don't question your loyalty or honesty whatsoever. ...I do, however question your ability to "consider the source"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripp McNeely View Post
    I don't question your loyalty or honesty whatsoever. ...I do, however question your ability to "consider the source"
    I'm starting to question it. Literally every post is something downplaying the situation. He says "nothing to see here" more than any OM buddy I have.

vCash
    I'm with maroonmania that they're in "ride it out" mode. I really do believe there's an alliance of sorts with Freeze, Bjork, and the assistants, and that they have agreed to let the NCAA make the decisions for them. Why? How do you think it would go over if Freeze fired, say, Kiffin or Womack? Don't you think they'd be a little upset and might sing like a bird about some shenanigans Freeze has pulled?

I think at this point they are all pretty much holding each other hostage.

vCash
    With all due respect, you are full of it... The NCAA isn't going to spend 3+ years investigating a school, close said investigation with 8 Level 1 violations... reopen the investigation thanks to a player admitting, on national tv, that he took money from coaches... disregard all of that plus the fact that multiple sports, coaches and ADs were involved over many different regimes and then give OM a slap on the wrist.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Fillmore View Post
    I see 20+ now. But more coming under NOA, part II. To some degree, they will get what they have long deserved.
    This guy wasn't talking to me. I don't bug him with this crap, and he doesn't me. We share a fishing interest together. A dumbass OM fan asked him about it in front of me and that was his answer.

There is no one bigger, influence wise, and he hasn't been to jail like the one who is on his level. Archie is on that level, the Fed Ex guy and a couple of more guys.

vCash
    So your source said the Chancellor said this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It's been my understanding that firing a coach would be tantamount to admitting culpability. They don't want to do that as they are arguing the majority of the violation's severity. To fire a coach then argue against the allegations would swear your own argument. In regards to statements by the Chancellor I have no idea because I haven't heard them. I do know that "nothing to see here" has been UNM's party line since day one and I don't expect that to change. I would be interested to see if he was referring to their own "investigation" or the NCAA's investigation. All in all I imagine they will be singing "nothing to see here" as the ship burns and sinks.
    I don't think the NCAA would treat firing a coach as admitting cuplability. That would incentivize programs to keep crooked coaches and play the odds, hoping that they would avoid liability altogether. A better rule would be to not consider firing the coach. That way if a program finds a problem, they can fire the coach(es) without necessarily opening themselves up to NCAA punishment.

I don't think we should read something into OM keeping their coaches one way or another. It could mean something or it could mean nothing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenheadDawg View Post
    I'm starting to question it. Literally every post is something downplaying the situation. He says "nothing to see here" more than any OM buddy I have.
    I'm a realist. I don't deal in hope and maybes.

Look back during the recruiting season and see everybody that attacked me for saying exactly what you just did.

See how many times I was right, and them wrong.

When the LB from SHS was gonna announce , look who was "negative" but right.

I don't post rumors, only stuff I know 1st hand. And I know that the powers to be at OM think they will be ok.

I think they should get hammered. I also think Kate Upton needs to call me and offer a 3 way with me , her and her friend that's hotter than her. So it doesn't matter what I think.

You want sunshine pumped up your ass, then I ain't your man.

vCash
    This guy wasn't talking to me. I don't bug him with this crap, and he doesn't me. We share a fishing interest together. A dumbass OM fan asked him about it in front of me and that was his answer.

There is no one bigger, influence wise, and he hasn't been to jail like the one who is on his level. Archie is on that level, the Fed Ex guy and a couple of more guys.
    But like every om fan, even when they are talking to their own, they will always go with the most pro-om spin possible. From Archie down to Joe Blow from Pontotoc, they're all the same. They're not trying to "deceive the State fan" or anything to that affect...when they get the cliched label of "most delusional fanbase", it's based on statistics and no outside perception