Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This BS is getting predictable, Kellenburger with a Why can't we all just get along..

vCash

This BS is getting predictable, Kellenburger with a Why can't we all just get along..

Editorial. Complete shat dude, the UNM tools couldn't handle getting their asses kicked and went over the top to beat us. Now it's time to pay the ferryman and they don't like it one bit. They are doing everything they can't to sway public opinion but it's to late, the national media has their teeth in this now and they are shat out of luck. Keep it up purchased media types at least your getting paid like all the others involved in this shat storm.

vCash
    That article is 100% correct. I'm not a fan of Kellenberger, and you may feel like the timing is suspect, but he's right.

vCash
    Kellenberger is correct in a utopian world, but what is MSU supposed to do when recruits that are MSU leans are bought off and go to Ole Miss? Does MSU not have a right to win as well?

I'm sorry but what happened with CJ, AJ Brown, Willie Gay, Ole Miss buying off Callaway HS, Kailo Moore, Tony Conner, Javon Patterson, Nick Brassel, Tee Sheperd, Pat Pat, Sanders, Pack, etc etc is what has caused this.

On the whole, if Ole Miss would stop buying off in-state players that are MSU leans and stealing from MSU, I think you'd see a more tame rivalry. I believe most MSU fan's frustration of Ole Miss out of state recruiting is because we know it's a manifestation of what they already do inside the state.

So here's the question Hugh, you want MSU fans to lie down while being blatantly stolen from by a fraud hypocrite Bible thumper?
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-02-2016 at 01:03 PM.

vCash
    It's funny when reading the comments to the article that all the Ole Miss fans want civility while MSU fans are pissed. I wonder why?

Perhaps because they are extremely happy about the arrangement right now. They get to buy off most any recruit they want while MSU will get a few & most of the left overs.

Does that sound fair Hugh? If not, then why should MSU fans stand for it?

The problem is that Ole Miss stopped respecting other people's space. The are MSU recruits, there are Ole Miss recruits, & then there are the 50/50 recruits. Ole Miss started buying off MSU recruits & that's the problem.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 07-02-2016 at 01:03 PM.

vCash

Last edited by MedDawg; 07-07-2016 at 01:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    That article is 100% correct. I'm not a fan of Kellenberger, and you may feel like the timing is suspect, but he's right.
    Killaburger is upset he keeps getting called to the carpet for not doing his job. What local reporter in the entire country wouldnt be interviewing Tunsil, Momma, Lindsey Miller, anybody they could to report this story on your local team and the trouble they are facing???? Devinner was interviewed locally involving our problems- why not Lindsey Miller? Its mind-boggling at their ineptness in this

The Rebals own beatwriter- Pauling- lied to everyone 2 weeks before the NOA was released claiming they werent under investigation and hadnt received anything. The whole damn world knew they were under investigation and getting an NOA- but he didnt???
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Does that sound fair Hugh? If not, then why should MSU fans stand for it?
    This is what I view C34's contribution to society as- motivating State fans to not accept these types of things anymore. We accepted 2nd place in this state before I was born and into my teenage years. No more. Fight their BS

vCash
    I'm not reading the article. Not clicking the link. Is the premise we and da bears should get along for the benefit of all?

vCash
    Never has the Ole Miss and Mississippi State rivalry been more toxic. It’s become mean-spirited, short-sighted and to the detriment of the state as a whole.
    Have you felt the change? It’s happened quickly, within the past five years. TSUN is tame compared to some of the things routinely said by fans of both sides online every single day.
    Rivalries can be good. If sports are an opportunity for us to check out of the day-to-day responsibilities and drudgery of life, then rivalries can provide an outlet the same way. If you want to “hate” something relatively meaningless in the grand scheme of the world, maybe that keeps you from feeling those emotions towards your fellow man.
    But it does not have to be like this, and I’m concerned for what’s going to happen next.
    It’s delighting in Robert Nkemdiche jumping out of a hotel room window or Dak Prescott’s arrest on DUI charges. It’s responding to any mention of the NCAA’s investigation into Ole Miss with a retort about the one-game suspension for Jeffery Simmons. It’s a demented game of, “anything you can do, I can do better.” Instead, it’s “anything we did, I can find something you did worse.”

Look on Twitter any day of the week, even now in the dead time of the college sports calendar, and it’s an absolute cesspool. I do not go looking for it, but occasionally will get tagged in fights that last for hours, and the level of vitriol is truly stunning from these keyboard warriors. Most of it is not safe for an all-ages publication, but trust that Twitter’s quality filter is working overdrive on Egg Bowl Twitter these days.
    These are not the stereotypical bloggers in their mother’s basement, either (in one case, it’s the governor’s communications director). These are people with fully grown lives, neglecting some part of it in order to get the last word edgewise or come up with the perfect meme. But for what purpose?
    It’s been determined that every member of the Mississippi sporting media has a preconceived agenda, the inevitable byproduct of a media group that has become increasingly fractured over the years because of the rise of fan sites and the credentialing of those who feel like they’re a part of the team instead of someone paid to cover it. We’re not alone in this — political coverage has many of the same problems, with too many choosing to get their news from someone that will disseminate it through their mutual world view — but it’s still a problem.
    To be sure, there are media members out there with agendas. But there are far more in this state that do not subject their readers or listeners to the vitriol, and those are the ones that you should trust. (This is where I, again, remind readers that I’m from North Carolina and really not a fan of any college and certainly not the one I covered for 3 ? years prior to becoming sports columnist. And if I fail to promote an upcoming radio appearance, it’s not because of the content but instead because I’ve mostly stopped doing that unless it’s for a friend’s show.)

My personal theory for what has changed: both programs got good. Really good. And instead of delighting in the respective rises of Mississippi State and Ole Miss football, there’s a worry that there’s only room for one at the inn and your program’s survival depends on the other’s demise. It’s the crab mentality — the moment one rises to the top of the barrel, the others will do everything they can to pull him down.
    Auburn and Alabama went through this stage last decade. They also have, it seems, gotten over it. The rivalry still is there, but also an unspoken understanding that both can accomplish their larger goals without rooting for the other to fall flat on their face. If Alabama is going to another College Football Playoff, who cares if Auburn goes 11-1 or 1-11?
    Ole Miss and Mississippi State can do the same. The Egg Bowl can remain the Egg Bowl without all that other crap the preceding 364 days. We’d be better for it, but I fear we're already too far around the bend and there's no coming back

vCash
    If those pieces of shit are all of a sudden wanting to play nice then bad news is headed their way very soon.

Don't think for one second that lazy fatass stupid mfer came up with this stupid Rodney King Can't we all get along story all by himself. Everything that moron writes has been under direction.
    Last edited by MrKotter; 07-02-2016 at 01:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    This is what I view C34's contribution to society as- motivating State fans to not accept these types of things anymore. We accepted 2nd place in this state before I was born and into my teenage years. No more. Fight their BS
    Thank-you,

vCash
    #
    Last edited by spbdawg; 11-26-2018 at 11:12 AM.

vCash
    His comment regarding the UA/AU rivalry is on point... those two programs nearly destroyed one another, but it was longer than a decade ago when it really got bad (he was likely referring to CamGate)...

I dunno if there's an "unwritten" rule between the two programs, but it seems neither wants the other to "drop dime" in hopes it doesn't get all "Ramsey-Jelks" crazy...

That being said, Mississippi appears to have taken a page outta Auburn's playbook... and small time programs just can't get away with doing that so overtly and over such a condensed period of time.
    Last edited by TUSK; 07-02-2016 at 02:17 PM.
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spbdawg View Post
    If anyone thinks the rivalry today is the worst ever, then they haven't been an observer very long. Just get Jackie's son-in-law to tell you about ole miss hate.....he's on this board somewhere.
    people have been killed over this rivalry over the years. The was a shooting and some people killed after the Iron Bowl just a couple of years ago.

While some OM fans may want to kill me- I wish them no harm. I just enjoy laughing at them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    I dunno if there's an "unwritten" rule between the two programs, but it seems neither wants the other to "drop dime" in hopes it doesn't get all "Ramsey-Jelks" crazy..
    OM has been tuned in by at least 20 schools. Bama, Utah, Georgia, Michigan, Fla State among them. This is in no way State turning them in. Thats what so many of their fans cant seem to grasp. We just wont let them get away with acting like nothing is going on here.

vCash
    Meh, The rivalry is the same its always been. The biggest difference is the advent of social media. People have a vehicle to voice their feelings and thoughts 24/7 now.

vCash
    My two cents:

**** them. They started it. If they want to be better then they need to figure out a way to do it legally if they want to win and not get their program nuked. Shotgun nailed it in his posts. I couldn't have said it any better.

But here's the thing that moron at the Clarion-Ledger isn't getting: WE didn't turn them in.

Even though we had every right to- their current problems have nothing to do with MSU. So he needs to STFU about all of this "toxic rivalry" BS. The only thing that is toxic here is their recruiting practices which will ultimately ruin them for awhile.

But we at MSU need to get ready because they are going to try to turn us into the NCAA next. Because that's what they do. Only problem for them is this time we don't have a coach the NCAA is after. But we still need to be as clean as we can for the next few years and Scott and our athletic dept. better get ready to deal with it. That is what happened after Ole Miss got nailed in 1994. Granted we actually did turn them in that time. If they try to take down Alabama, Georgia, and Texas- well good luck on that Rebels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Kellenberger is correct in a utopian world, but what is MSU supposed to do when recruits that are MSU leans are bought off and go to Ole Miss? Does MSU not have a right to win as well?

I'm sorry but what happened with CJ, AJ Brown, Willie Gay, Ole Miss buying off Callaway HS, Kailo Moore, Tony Conner, Javon Patterson, Nick Brassel, Tee Sheperd, Pat Pat, Sanders, Pack, etc etc is what has caused this.

On the whole, if Ole Miss would stop buying off in-state players that are MSU leans and stealing from MSU, I think you'd see a more tame rivalry. I believe most MSU fan's frustration of Ole Miss out of state recruiting is because we know it's a manifestation of what they already do inside the state.

So here's the question Hugh, you want MSU fans to lie down while being blatantly stolen from by a fraud hypocrite Bible thumper?

That's the thing- a lot of their fans legitimately think we have no right to win.

It would be like us thinking that they have no right to win in baseball. The difference is instead of buying off their recruits we just improved our baseball program and lo and behold we have better than them over the past six years.

Actually tangibly improving your program. What a concept!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Meh, The rivalry is the same its always been. The biggest difference is the advent of social media. People have a vehicle to voice their feelings and thoughts 24/7 now.
    Agreed. The other day Clay Travis said that in 14 years of writing he's never had anyone come up and say something mean to his face. On twitter, people love to hate Clay.

It's pretty much the same with MSU and OM fans. All the hate either takes place online, or behind someone's back...

vCash
    Oh and to Ole Miss fans "civil rivalry" is defined as Ole Miss kicking our ass while we act aw shucks about it and congratulate them.