Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cal State Fullerton it is

vCash

Cal State Fullerton it is

We will need Sexton to be sharp and to play good D. Hope we can score some runs, but I'm expecting a low scoring game.

Thoughts?

vCash
    We really need Sexton to play well. Considering how he got rocked in the tournament, and Dakota playing so poorly yesterday, we need to get that killer instinct back. I want to see the Sexton that was starring down OM players after he K'd them. We need that dude to show up today.

vCash
    Worried... I think they have the better pitching staff. I'm worried about our infield defense in a game where runs will be hard to come by. Hopefully sexton is on top of his game

vCash
    From what I saw last night, they don't throw hard and play their infield deep. We'll need to be patient at the plate. They don't appear to hit well. I noticed their DH was batting .377 then I saw he only had 20 hits so not sure you can take much from that. Caveat-I really don't know much about baseball.

vCash

I have the same concern. Their pitching staff is very deep. They pitched their

Saturday guy last night after the rain delay so not sure which starter goes tonight.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    We are by far the better team! Stop the madness, this is the fun time of the year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    We really need Sexton to play well. Considering how he got rocked in the tournament, and Dakota playing so poorly yesterday, we need to get that killer instinct back. I want to see the Sexton that was starring down OM players after he K'd them. We need that dude to show up today.
    I've been wondering if a lot of teams haven't figured Hudson out. Even the commentators last night were talking that when he would miss outside the zone to lefties he would use his cutter that would break to their back foot. If the pitch was outside most the time they would lay off waiting for the cutter and turn on it. Hudson couldn't control the outside half of the plate then relied on his cutter too much and they were waiting on it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    We are by far the better team! Stop the madness, this is the fun time of the year.
    Indeed. Worried? Heck no. I'm excited.

vCash
    We rocked the pitcher with the most strike-outs in the nation yesterday (I know he threw a lot of pitches this week, hi humidity & temp, thank you Cohen) but hitting is contagious. We're playing at the Dude we're comfortable, I like our chances!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Worried... I think they have the better pitching staff. I'm worried about our infield defense in a game where runs will be hard to come by. Hopefully sexton is on top of his game
    msstate7, the day you aren't worried before a game, is when I will be very worried.

vCash
    Hail State!!

Here we 17'ing come CSF!!

Thanks Utes

Good luck Boston College

GTHOM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullsy View Post
    Hail State!!

Here we 17'ing come CSF!!

Thanks Utes

Good luck Boston College

GTHOM
    Agreed.

You do know Ole Miss is playing Tulane today though, right? BC beat Tulane yesterday

vCash
    Regardless of Cal Fullerton's "loaded pitching staff", we've seen better staffs. We've had timely hitting all year, no reason to think it will stop imo.

Also, yesterday Gridley, Holland and Stovall made some outstanding defensive plays. Our defense is ok, we seem to be better defensively at home plus if there are to better outfielders than Jake and Robson in this region please inform me.

I watched our dugout yesterday and it was full of life, these guys are motivated plus I've said this all year, this team has the "It", they are special and proof is winning the outright SEC.

Hey I expect a good close game, I just like this team, we are loaded up and down the lineup with power and guys who can run.

Hailstate!

vCash
    Would anybody consider going Houston instead of sexton?

vCash
    I sure hope our team doesn't have the same attitude as this board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    msstate7, the day you aren't worried before a game, is when I will be very worried.
    Haha... I do worry a little

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Would anybody consider going Houston instead of sexton?
    Absolutely not. Why would you?

vCash
    Already getting some pop up showers here in Vegas. Humidity bordering on oppressive. Saving grace is that it's still in the low 80's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Already getting some pop up showers here in Vegas. Humidity bordering on oppressive. Saving grace is that it's still in the low 80's.
    That humidity will help us against CSF if it sticks around.

Banned
    vCash
    We owe csf, my memory of our history with them is not good. We need to get our swag back.