Thread: @ South Alabama game

vCash

@ South Alabama game

I can already hear the groans about playing at South Alabama. I like this away game. I need everyone to stay with me for 1 second. Mobile is a close game for most of the base to travel to. Mobile has a ton of really good places to eat, especially if you like seafood. Dauphin Street is a very underrated time. It's comparable o Beale Street in Memphis. It's also close enough to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach that families could make this a weekend getaway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I can already hear the groans about playing at South Alabama. I like this away game. I need everyone to stay with me for 1 second. Mobile is a close game for most of the base to travel to. Mobile has a ton of really good places to eat, especially if you like seafood. Dauphin Street is a very underrated time. It's comparable o Beale Street in Memphis. It's also close enough to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach that families could make this a weekend getaway.
    Well I agree on everything you said, but lets also remind everyone that Ladd is a shithole in bad part of town.

Kind of like trying to get exited about playing at legion field.

The Mobile area is fun though.

vCash
    This could be a nice weekend getaway
    Wrap it in Maroon and White

vCash
    A group I was part of looked into buying it- but playing in Jackson wasnt really an option due to lack of parking and other issues
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Gulf Shores places to stay are dirt cheap in the off peak season and there are a lot of them.

vCash
    You're right that Ladd sucks but that part of. Town embraces the games. It's also heavily policed to keep fans coming. I went to the Mobile Bowl for USM vs Ohio years back with my mustard buzzard buds and it was a blast. The game, the town, really everything...

vCash
    It might be a cool little getaway, but it still doesn't make up for the fact that we are the only SEC school that travels to small schools for a game. Why is that?

vCash
    Not to mention next year will be the 100th year at DWS I believe, the new renovation will be finished, and 8 home games would be a lot cooler than playing in Mobile.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    Not to mention next year will be the 100th year at DWS I believe, the new renovation will be finished, and 8 home games would be a lot cooler than playing in Mobile.
    We do have 8 Home games....But regardless, the reason why we go to all of these small schools to play is to help them out too. We aren't a school that decides that it is too big to play at smaller schools. I don't mind it at all, plus it keeps smaller schools happy because they get to pack out their stadium for sometimes the first time ever. Who wouldn't mind helping out a smaller school every once in a while?
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    I lived a couple of summers in Mobile and agree that Dauphin street is very underrated. I would rank it above Beale Street as there are fewer panhandlers (none from what I recall), and whole area just seems a lot nicer.

Truthfully I'm looking forward to that weekend.

vCash
    You're right... miss counted

vCash
    It's a quick and easy drive for me. Worth it to go see a MSU win.

vCash
    Wait, how can we have 8 home games if we are playing a non-conf away? Is the SEC allowing us to play 5 at home and only 3 away in 2014?

vCash
    Dammit miss counted again... I looked at LSU in all caps counted it as a home game... we only have 7 and I'm 100% sure

vCash
    I like the Memphis, Tulane, USA, UAB away game rotation. Give people in large regional cities a chance to watch MSU that typically wouldn't travel to StarkVegas. I think they should do a neutral site game in Shreveport, Houston, Dallas, & Atlanta every few years too... just not against an offensive freak show coached by a forty year old man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I like the Memphis, Tulane, USA, UAB away game rotation. Give people in large regional cities a chance to watch MSU that typically wouldn't travel to StarkVegas. I think they should do a neutral site game in Shreveport, Houston, Dallas, & Atlanta every few years too... just not against an offensive freak show coached by a forty year old man.
    I believe Georgia State is about to be D-I as well. They would be good to put into the away game rotation as well.

Banned
    vCash
    You think similarly to me. Unfortunately for you, that won't get you much points on the interwebs, but it matters little. Because I'm right most of the time. Everything we do should be thought about and involving recruiting and where MSU needs to grow it's fanbase. Mobile, Birmingham are absolutely essential. Memphis and New Orleans close behind. Atlanta is a good one too but that is a melting pot of everyone, dominated by Georgia and Auburn.

And Todd, yes, Georgia State would be a good one to sign up for a lengthy contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    If we play a neutral site game, it is going to have to be against a top 15 type team. That said, I'd rather play anybody but a high tempo spread team in this kind of game simply because we've been really poor defending that.