Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to the OM investigation...

Back to the OM investigation...

Is there any reason to believe that these bastards are still being investigated? Can we sum up a (unbiased) timeline of events to see the big picture here?

Here's what I know.

CJ Johnson was being investigated about his mother purchasing furniture at a Philly, MS furniture store. Store is owned by an MSU grad. Ole Miss came out and said they have cleared CJ of any wrong doing. But has the NCAA cleared him as well? Are we confident that this is still being investigated or will they get away with this?

CBS wrote an article claiming that Chris Jones was being questioned about his recruitment to Ole Miss. Ole Miss claims they did nothing wrong. What has the NCAA said about this to make us believe there is anything more to this? Also, Paul Jones claimed that there were more players on the NCAA docket to question. I trust Paul Jones and he obviously has a good source, but how do we know there is more to come?

We need a timeline and facts/articles/tweets/statements to give the "casual fan" a better understanding of all this. I know the NCAA is mum about their investigations, but there are usually patterns and trends we can examine to see if they are actually under the NCAA radar, or if it's all just the usual questioning of "high profile" recruits. Hopefully I speak for more than just myself.
    Last edited by HardyStreetAlumniClub; 08-21-2013 at 09:06 AM.

vCash
    start ----------------------------------------------- months ----------------------------months------------------------------------------- end result
    (rumors ) (speculation) ...(false hope)... (now investigating MSU per the bears) ....(optimism starting to wane) ... (realization sets in) ... (depression)... (1st loss in cruitin) ..... (watching MSU's bowl game ) .....penalties finally handed down ......... cycle starts all over
    Last edited by FISHDAWG; 08-21-2013 at 09:11 AM.

vCash
    Well, here's the deal as far as I see it:

1. OM is not going to announce if any of their players/recruits have been interviewed by the NCAA
    2. Any players/recruits being interviewed at other schools will have to be leaked by those schools.
    3. The NCAA isnt going to announce anything about their investigation

So unless a reporter gets wind of it or another school leaks something- it may be quiet for awhile.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HardyStreetAlumniClub View Post
    if they are actually under the NCAA radar, or if it's all just the usual questioning of "high profile" recruits.
    They don't do this as routine anymore. Don't believe what they're trying to sell...the NCAA does not make a habit of interviewing all 'high-profile' recruits after they've signed. The only reason they would be interviewing Ole Miss players/recruits right now is if they have reason to believe there may have been some issues.

Think about it - why would they just now be interviewing CJ Johnson as part of a 'routine' they conduct each year? That would be pretty crappy policy to wait until a couple years down the road to interview anyone as standard procedure. You're hearing about multiple recruits from different years being interviewed suddenly about Ole Miss. That isn't coincidence, and it sure isn't standard procedure.

vCash
    I was told not to expect anything to happen with in state recruiting. We aren't going to say shit on CJ or Chris Jones and neither will the bears. Honor amongst thieves. But Tunsil is a different story. Bears can't cover tracks or pay off everyone out of state. They pissed the wrong people off.

So the only thing we have to hang our hat on is the CBS article about Chris Jones, and the fact that Paul Jones said there were more players to be interviewed?

Who leaked the fact that Cj Johnson was being investigated in furnituregate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dental Dawg View Post
    I was told not to expect anything to happen with in state recruiting. We aren't going to say shit on CJ or Chris Jones and neither will the bears. Honor amongst thieves. But Tunsil is a different story. Bears can't cover tracks or pay off everyone out of state. They pissed the wrong people off.
    But do we have any shred of evidence to believe that Tunsil is being looked into?

vCash
    but there are usually patterns and trends we can examine to see if they are actually under the NCAA radar, or if it's all just the usual questioning of "high profile" recruits. .
    questioning CJ Johnson over 2 years after his recruitment is not even remotely "routine"

vCash
    But do we have any shred of evidence to believe that Tunsil is being looked into?
    His HS coach has been singing from the rooftops about his recruitment. I guaran-damn-tee you it was reported by Georgia

vCash
    Who leaked the fact that Cj Johnson was being investigated in furnituregate?
    I know Veazey reported it, and Ole Miss admitted it when they came out and claimed he was cleared.

vCash
    I heard that its his coach as well. Tunsil didn't even know that Ole Miss was in Oxford when he went to his recruiting visit. I'm not positive but thought Tunsil said that going to Ole Miss was "best for his family"
    Last edited by Dental Dawg; 08-21-2013 at 09:27 AM.

vCash
    not to mention Saban damn near had an aneurysm over the Brandon Hill/Hargrave ordeal. Then throw in Conner telling him that he "had to do what's best for his family"...I'd imagine that would be where Hack is hearing the Alabama stuff

vCash
    I don't know why everyone expects this to be front page news every other day. This is going to be a very long process and we are not going to hear anything on 99% of it. There is an investigation going on. They are going to interview a lot of people. Almost none of those people are going to tell the press they were interviewed.

It's not like we have alumni dragging around a source and whoring him out to every radio station in 4 states while their own fan sites turn against them and they confess what color and shape their morning dump was.

In our case we had all that going on, and it still took a year to get what the penalties were. Now how long do you think an investigation against multiple recruiting classes / players at a school that is going to fight tooth and nail for every piece of evidence will take?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by codeDawg View Post
    I don't know why everyone expects this to be front page news every other day. This is going to be a very long process and we are not going to hear anything on 99% of it. There is an investigation going on. They are going to interview a lot of people. Almost none of those people are going to tell the press they were interviewed.

It's not like we have alumni dragging around a source and whoring him out to every radio station in 4 states while their own fan sites turn against them and they confess what color and shape their morning dump was.

In our case we had all that going on, and it still took a year to get what the penalties were. Now how long do you think an investigation against multiple recruiting classes / players at a school that is going to fight tooth and nail for every piece of evidence will take?

THIS

Banned
    vCash
    I thought a few days ago the thread was "the sky is falling for OM, they are holding their players out of practice because they will have to forfeit the season if they play them, imminent probation is expected, perhaps the death penalty, and Bo Wallace is throwing games for money."

I stated then how this all will end. It won't be any time within the next year and a half.

And for the record, if you do it correctly, it is very difficult to prove. Look at the amazing coup Auburn pulled off. In a situation like Tunsil's, the main thing you have to do is simply keep Tunsil happy. As long as he's lovin some OM, it's going to be hard to prove. The problem arises when the relationship sours and the player/his family start talking.

We shall see where this goes. I'm more worried about Mullen getting the fire back. I like to see a healthy competition. I want to beat OM on their "A" game. If they go on probation, so be it. I wouldn't be crying about recruiting disadvantages though.

vCash
    don't know anything about Conner, but I had heard about the Saban incident. Also, OM dismissed Kam Wood who is from Alabama. That's VERY telling to me, but no one else has even mentioned it.

Alledgedly some people at Auburn who know Elijah Daniels have also reported some things. And there's a ton of stuff surrounding their big weekend in Oxford of interest to the NCAA and the legal community. They're truly being bombarded from all sides right now, some of which most of their "clued in" people don't even seem to know about... or are hust blatantly lying. Thats really what shocks me the most in this. The university is doing a GREAT job keeping this under wraps; however, I don't think it will stay that way forever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well, here's the deal as far as I see it:

1. OM is not going to announce if any of their players/recruits have been interviewed by the NCAA
    2. Any players/recruits being interviewed at other schools will have to be leaked by those schools.
    3. The NCAA isnt going to announce anything about their investigation

So unless a reporter gets wind of it or another school leaks something- it may be quiet for awhile.
    Stop bullshitting, Coach. You and I were on that conference call. There's more to it. And don't you remember later over drinks Emmert told us that the NCAA was going SMU on Ole Miss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman14 View Post
    I thought a few days ago the thread was "the sky is falling for OM, they are holding their players out of practice because they will have to forfeit the season if they play them, imminent probation is expected, perhaps the death penalty, and Bo Wallace is throwing games for money."
    What are you talking about sweetie?

Nobody said they were getting the death penalty- but many said they wished they would
    1 poster mentioned holding out players- and just about everybody said they doubted that would happen

Either get better at posting or be gone

vCash
    The way I see it, if there were no investigation going on, they would just get the NCAA to comment that there is no investigation or a reporter would have accomplished that already. Isn't the policy for the NCAA to state that they do not comment on on-going investigations? Well, I can infer that they can comment on investigations that do not exist by simply saying they do not exist or have been finished. This is obviously getting under their skin and there are easy ways to nip it in the bud IF THERE IS NO INVESTIGATION. The fact that hasn't happened says a lot to me unless I'm misunderstanding the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ckDOG View Post
    The way I see it, if there were no investigation going on, they would just get the NCAA to comment that there is no investigation or a reporter would have accomplished that already. Isn't the policy for the NCAA to state that they do not comment on on-going investigations? Well, I can infer that they can comment on investigations that do not exist by simply saying they do not exist or have been finished. This is obviously getting under their skin and there are easy ways to nip it in the bud IF THERE IS NO INVESTIGATION. The fact that hasn't happened says a lot to me unless I'm misunderstanding the process.

ding, ding, ding....we have a winner