Thread: Just ran across an interesting article on how Chad is doing in Miami!

vCash

Just ran across an interesting article on how Chad is doing in Miami!

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/08/...eads-in-miami/

Thanks Chad for continuing to represent for MSU.

vCash
    damn. that's a pretty positive article for an undrafted FA

Banned
    vCash
    I don't know what the per capita number is for MSU players in the NFL, but I'd think it has to be fairly high for us right now. I think it proves that you can get sufficient talent to MSU primarily through the state of MS and the JUCO ranks. Bumphis, Slay, Banks, Cox, soon to be Gabe Jackson, Lawrence, all those guys from 2010, etc. This is uncharted waters for MSU football.

vCash
    I want to forward this to Tobias Singleton. This could have been you in about a year.

vCash
    I fear we don't have anyone that can get open like he did for Russell last yr...when we needed some yards in clutch situations Bump got open and caught the ball.

Who will be as effective this yr?

Great article btw

vCash
    Tubby will get open this this year- he is quick as hell. The questions will be can he catch the ball consistently and can we work it into his short little ass?

RoJo will get as open as Smith or Arceto...MoJo will play a bigger role per Koenning...the question on Mojo is can he stay healthy?
    DeRunnya is going to play- Ross can play but he has to get well also

I dont really worry about WR- we wont be playing with 3-4 as much as we have in the past. Will be more 2 TE-2 WR sets
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Banned
    vCash
    Robert Johnson.

vCash
    They will get open if we can establish a power running game behind our interior line. Play to your strengths and let the other stuff benefit...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    I don't know what the per capita number is for MSU players in the NFL, but I'd think it has to be fairly high for us right now. .
    We currently have 21 players in the NFL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/m

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Tubby will get open this this year- he is quick as hell. The questions will be can he catch the ball consistently and can we work it into his short little ass?

RoJo will get as open as Smith or Arceto...MoJo will play a bigger role per Koenning...the question on Mojo is can he stay healthy?
    DeRunnya is going to play- Ross can play but he has to get well also

I dont really worry about WR- we wont be playing with 3-4 as much as we have in the past. Will be more 2 TE-2 WR sets
    The question I have about out te's is will they be able to run routes or will they have to help our tackles block?

vCash
    Both?

vCash
    Looking forward to seeing what Chapelle and Holloway give us in the passing game as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The question I have about out te's is will they be able to run routes or will they have to help our tackles block?
    They will be in routes...look for RB's to help the tackles if need be.

But again- we were 2nd in the SEC in fewest sacks allowed while throwing the 4th most passes. The last thing I'm worried about is our pass protection upfront

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    They will be in routes...look for RB's to help the tackles if need be.

But again- we were 2nd in the SEC in fewest sacks allowed while throwing the 4th most passes. The last thing I'm worried about is our pass protection upfront
    That's true. I guess I'm just worried bc our de's are beating out tackles so badly in practice. Hopefully that's just a positive for our de's and not an indictment against our tackles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That's true. I guess I'm just worried bc our de's are beating out tackles so badly in practice.
    Our OT's didnt suddenly get worse since last year. Hell, Siddoway is healthy after being hurt all last year

vCash

Wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by bocfarm View Post
    I fear we don't have anyone that can get open like he did for Russell last yr...when we needed some yards in clutch situations Bump got open and caught the ball.

Who will be as effective this yr?

Great article btw
    Bumphis disappeared in every big game we had last year.

I am glad he is finding a niche in the NFL.

But in college his stats were inflated against junk teams & his ability to make key plays in big games was nonexistent.

In Bumphis' defense, Mullen wasted his talents by constantly throwing him those idiotic lateral passes 5 yds behind the line of scrimmage. Of course, SEC DB's had seem that idiocy on film & came up & knocked the shit out of Bumphis for a loss every time.

If I was Bumphis, I would have quit the team over that nonsense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post

But in college his stats were inflated against junk teams & his ability to make key plays in big games was nonexistent.

In Bumphis' defense, Mullen wasted his talents by constantly throwing him those idiotic lateral passes 5 yds behind the line of scrimmage. Of course, SEC DB's had seem that idiocy on film & came up & knocked the shit out of Bumphis for a loss every time.

Wrong!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...9/chad-bumphis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronny View Post

I guess we should be thankful that you're not Bumphis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MSUDawg4Life View Post
    I guess we should be thankful that you're not Bumphis.
    What I was thinking...don't know Ronny from adam but probably not a guy that played sports after you had to try-out for them...just a hunch

vCash
    I've heard that Fred Brown will be able get open due to the smoothness in his route running.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006