Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't believe there's no mention of the Baseball News...

vCash

Can't believe there's no mention of the Baseball News...

We're playing Ole Miss for Super Bulldog Weekend next season. Prepare for records to be dismantled. I think the timing could not be better for is to happen. Should be electric

vCash
    I was wondering why this had never happened before. But you are right. It is perfectly timed.

vCash
    The good news is our friends from NAFOOM will be there to tell us how bad our football team is. Completely objective of course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The good news is our friends from NAFOOM will be there to tell us how bad our football team is. Completely objective of course.
    And I'm quite sure to let us know how great the signing class they had was/will be.

vCash
    The SEC office sets the schedule right? What teams we play and when? We just counted how many football practices it takes to get to the end and picked that home weekend. What this will show is the OM players that are from out of state, who we where interested in, they will think that OM is not a baseball school....they will see the passion at Dudy Noble.

vCash
    And I might add, I predict OM to really struggle next year, might be last year for Bianco. That weekend could be nail in the coffin.

Banned
    vCash
    Agree, they won't have much. We'll likely sweep.

They better hope Buchanan, Laxer and Denny step up quickly, but that's about all they have on the mound. Greenwood and Smith? Give me a break. That Bramlett guy SHOULD be good, but I'm just not sure what Bianco's doing with all this alleged talent.

They got nobody in the field. Orvis, Overbey, Bousfield....who are those guys?
    Last edited by Goat Holder; 08-20-2013 at 08:43 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Holder View Post
    Agree, they won't have much. We'll likely sweep.
    I hope so, but it's way too early to predict that

vCash
    With Ole Miss, it totally depends on their pitching. They need Laxer, Buchanan etc. to come through and they need Ellis to be healthy. I think they will be like they were last year for the most part. They'll be good, probably make a regional, but it won't satisfy their fans. They were lucky that Stuart Turner saved them offensively. Demarcus Henderson hit better than their lead off guy. They will also have some seniors like Preston Overbey and Will Allen that should help them stay afloat and be respectable.

As long as Bianco is making it to the postseason, he is safe. I think. They tend to fly off the handle sometimes. Either that or they'll just pretend not to care completely. But they are looking to fire him at the first chance that they get. I know that there are some higher up Ole Miss fans that aren't happy with him.

I think his class where he signed three first round picks and none of them got into school and then he lost two more key players- one to grades and one due to him being unhappy with his scholarship- is probably going to do him in unless he signs some really good impact JUCO guys.

Our run to Omaha did him no favors either.

Banned
    vCash
    They don't make a regional without Wahl, Mayers and Turner, and they have no one approaching their production returning, even assuming the guys you and I listed do get better. Overbey and Orvis are the best they have, but they ain't Turner.

Just like football, Ole Miss has a problem developing talent for whatever reason. Either that or their rankings are inflated. They've had good classes every year outside that one you mentioned, and that's backed up by the number of players drafted that's on their roster. At some point, someone thought their guys had talent. But they just aren't doing it on the field.

vCash
    If they are hoping for Laxer to save them, they are screwed. I look for Ole Miss fans to start giving less of a shit about baseball due to our recent national success and their program trending downward.
    Last edited by Jacksondevildog; 08-20-2013 at 09:05 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    If they are hoping for Laxer to save them, they are screwed. I look for Ole Miss fans to start giving less of a shit about baseball due to our recent national success and their program trending downward.
    Talk about all hat and no cattle. That guy hasn't done shit for them since he signed.

Buchanan, Ellis and Laxer were all big time recruits. They ain't done shit. Recruits are starting to notice Bianco's complete lack of development of pitchers. Hell he turned Wahl who was projected to be a top100 pick out of high school, into a top 200 pick after his junior year. Way to go coach.

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksondevildog View Post
    They'll pretend they won't care, but it really will eat them up on the inside. UM fans thought they had passed us by permanently in baseball.

vCash
    I hope they leave it F, S, S and not start on Thursday.
    Fan of MSU, bacon, ellipses, and side boobs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgdom View Post
    I hope they leave it F, S, S and not start on Thursday.
    ^^^ This.

Stricklin, if you're reading ....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    And I might add, I predict OM to really struggle next year, might be last year for Bianco. That weekend could be nail in the coffin.
    I'm pretty plugged in with their baseball team -- and I can assure you that anything less than hosting a regional will be considered a failure and the end for Mike Bianco...They are fully expecting this to be their last year...

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    I'm pretty plugged in with their baseball team -- and I can assure you that anything less than hosting a regional will be considered a failure and the end for Mike Bianco...They are fully expecting this to be their last year...
    If this is what it takes for Bianco to keep his job, I'd say there's a 90% chance he's gone at the end of the season. They'd need their pitching staff to stay healthy and be consistent (which none of their pitchers have done), and they'd need huge improvement from Orvis, Overbey, Allen, etc. as well. Anderson had actually turned into a serviceable shortstop by the end of the year and Jamison was okay too, but other than that, UM has no proven commodities returning on offense. It's crazy to think where they'd be without Turner last year, both offensively and defensively.

I seriously doubt they'll miss postseason play, but I just can't see them hosting. UM has had too many high rated players that have never developed. Their fans point to McDonnell's departure hurting recruiting as their downfall (and it is to an extent), but what killed them was Bianco's inability to develop players. I don't know if it's his fault for not finding better assistant coaches or what, but they've recruited a lot of good talent recently that has just been woefully underdeveloped. Couple that with the fact that we've been winning a lot of recruiting battles with them lately, and they're starting to see their program fall into mediocrity.
    Last edited by messageboardsuperhero; 08-20-2013 at 01:21 PM.

vCash

I am only...

..half kidding when I say I will be glad when we get this football & basketball nonsense over with & get back to baseball season.

If you are a MSU fan, this past baseball season was one of the most glorious journeys you've ever had as a MSU fan.

We are going to be great again next year.

And seeing the University of Mississippi will be our SBW opponent is awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by engie View Post
    Sounds like they are about to fly off the handle.

Here's some perspective on this. In 13 years, they have hosted regionals four times, won the SEC regular season in 2009- the first time since 1977-and they have gone to four Super Regionals. Oh yeah- and Bianco has more wins than any other baseball coach in their school's history. In other words they are about to fire their most successful baseball coach in history essentially because he hasn't taken them to Omaha- something that they have never done in the modern era of college baseball- and because they aren't as good as MSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by messageboardsuperhero View Post
    If this is what it takes for Bianco to keep his job, I'd say there's a 90% chance he's gone at the end of the season. They'd need their pitching staff to stay healthy and be consistent (which none of their pitchers have done), and they'd need huge improvement from Orvis, Overbey, Allen, etc. as well. Anderson had actually turned into a serviceable shortstop by the end of the year and Jamison was okay too, but other than that, UM has no proven commodities returning on offense. It's crazy to think where they'd be without Turner last year, both offensively and defensively.

I seriously doubt they'll miss postseason play, but I just can't see them hosting. UM has had too many high rated players that have never developed. Their fans point to McDonnell's departure hurting recruiting as their downfall (and it is to an extent), but what killed them was Bianco's inability to develop players. I don't know if it's his fault for not finding better assistant coaches or what, but they've recruited a lot of good talent recently that has just been woefully underdeveloped. Couple that with the fact that we've been winning a lot of recruiting battles with them lately, and they're starting to see their program fall into mediocrity.
    You also know what else happened one year after McDonnell left? We hired Cohen.

In the past, the would have probably landed Stratton, Renfroe, Holder, Woodruff, and maybe Lindgren. Those are the ones off the top of my head that had Ole Miss offers. Not to mention Rea and Demarcus would probably be at USM.

Yes, they did have some elite guys like Lance Lynn, Alex Presley, and Chris Coughlan that they were VERY fortunate to get. But the guys that made their team really great were mainly from Mississippi and Memphis. Head, Seth Smith, Brian Pettway, Mark Holliman, the Henry brothers, Zack Cozart, Brae Wright- and many of those would have come to MSU had we simply offered. You take any four or five of those guys off of their team, and they aren't much better than they were this year. And on top of that, we don't have the decline that we did at the time. Especially when you add them in to a team that already had Moreland, Easley, and Rea.

And whomever replaces Bianco is going to have to recruit against Cohen and a staff that have had a 5-6 year head start on them rather than Ron Polk and his camp only recruiting policy.

They're still going to get the Mississippi kids that grew up Ole Miss fans for the most part. We're going to get most of the Mississippi State kids BUT we're also going to get most of the guys that don't have allegiances one way or the other. And that's a BIG difference when you are talking about Mississippi baseball recruiting. That's what puts you over the top.