Thread: #1

vCash

New NCAA Baseball poll has us at the top. We could end up the #1 national seed if we don't screw it up this week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ray Valentine View Post
    New NCAA Baseball poll has us at the top. We could end up the #1 national seed if we don't screw it up this week
    Interesting. I was just looking at rpi and seven of the top 11 are sec. And we are 11th, behind the other six. If ky and bama don't get in, all 7 sec schools who get in tourney will be hosts.

Eta: I know rpi of 11 won't affect us, I was just saying there are 6 ahead of us to show strength of the league
    Last edited by confucius say; 05-22-2016 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    So what's your strategy this week? Try to win it all or win 1 or 2 to save arms for regionals?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STATEBALLIN View Post
    So what's your strategy this week? Try to win it all or win 1 or 2 to save arms for regionals?
    Man that's a tough 1. Glad I'm not making that decision.

vCash
    Play to win, but not at all cost.

vCash
    Play to win...but don't extend anyone. We're a top 4 seed regardless of what happens this week.

vCash
    Regionals won't start till Friday, so I say go for it

vCash
    Here's what I would do. You try to win every game but you don't overuse your needed arms. Wed- houston thurs- Dakota is on 7 days rest, he needs an outing before regional fri-sexton. Sat if still alive Pilk and so on. Brown, rigby, hump, and others get work at some point because Hudson and sexton on 100 pitch count max. If we lose they are going to throw bullpens anyway. Try to win the games and not stretch anyone to do it, we have that luxury.

vCash
    We need to try to get our RPI up.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    We need to try to get our RPI up.**
    It's too early to worry about rpi

vCash
    Really hope we survive long enough to get pilk some work. I would feel much better entering a regional if pilk has a good outing in the sect

Banned
    vCash
    Which poll has us number 1?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Dog View Post
    Which poll has us number 1?
    I think they're using a Twitter @NCAABSB it has around 200 followers so it's probably not a real poll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ray Valentine View Post
    Just as long as we start Hudson against one of the bottom 4 teams in the NCAA and we will be OK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Here's what I would do. You try to win every game but you don't overuse your needed arms. Wed- houston thurs- Dakota is on 7 days rest, he needs an outing before regional fri-sexton. Sat if still alive Pilk and so on. Brown, rigby, hump, and others get work at some point because Hudson and sexton on 100 pitch count max. If we lose they are going to throw bullpens anyway. Try to win the games and not stretch anyone to do it, we have that luxury.
    Agree and hopefully we win Weds and Thursday so we get Friday off.

Banned
    vCash
    Well there you go. I will wait to see what the others come out with tomorrow.

vCash
    1Baseball.com ‏@d1baseball 13m13 minutes ago
    Rankings meeting is complete. Look for a NEW No. 1 tomorrow on @D1Baseball: ��

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeless joe View Post
    Play to win...but don't extend anyone. We're a top 4 seed regardless of what happens this week.
    Winner. Any questions beyond this are delusional.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    1Baseball.com ‏@d1baseball 13m13 minutes ago
    Rankings meeting is complete. Look for a NEW No. 1 tomorrow on @D1Baseball: ��
    Has to be Miami. We might jump TX a&m but doubt we jump Miami. we did sweep but it was a horrible team...yes it caused us to win the SEC but that doesn't jump us to where florida was likely.
    I think it's
    1)Miami
    2)MSU
    3)TX A&M
    4)Florida
    5)Louisville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Has to be Miami. We might jump TX a&m but doubt we jump Miami. we did sweep but it was a horrible team...yes it caused us to win the SEC but that doesn't jump us to where florida was likely.
    I think it's
    1)Miami
    2)MSU
    3)TX A&M
    4)Florida
    5)Louisville
    That's what I would think too. The top of the ACC is not as good the SEC's top 7, but Miami probably deserves Number One