Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible news: Student dies in fall at DWS

vCash

Terrible news: Student dies in fall at DWS

http://www.wtva.com/news/MSU_student...Jumbotron.html

Prayers to the families. Jeez that's awful. Every time a story like that comes up it makes me question all the dumb decisions I made at that age and realize what a blessing life is.

vCash
    No doubt. I am lucky to be alive.

vCash
    I jumped the train from Starkville to West Point my sophomore year. Super dumb. Caught the caboose and jumped a few cars up. It was going pretty fast when I jumped off. Never did it again. Most of us get away with some stupid decisions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Frexzell View Post
    No doubt. I am lucky to be alive.
    This isn't about you, champ

vCash
    Thanks for the update. I was agreeing with the original post. Awful news.

vCash

Horrible, just horrible.

I could easily see a lawsuit arising out of this though. Read the third from the bottom paragraph.

http://www.wtva.com/news/MSU_student...Jumbotron.html
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKotter View Post
    This isn't about you, champ
    Relax. There will probably be many more posts like this and stories told. It reminds us of the terrible decisions that many of us made at some time in our lives and that we need to really talk with our teenage kids.

Terrible, terrible tragedy for this family.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Relax. There will probably be many more posts like this and stories told. It reminds us of the terrible decisions that many of us made at some time in our lives and that we need to really talk with our teenage kids.

Terrible, terrible tragedy for this family.
    It is your greatest fear as a parent - that a split second decision about an idea that "sounds like fun" results in a tragedy like this. When you see stories like this, you reflect on the similar decisions you have made that didn't end that way, and give thanks and pray your kids are as lucky as you were.

Prayer for the students family - and the guys who were with him. It will effect then for the rest of their lives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    It is your greatest fear as a parent - that a split second decision about an idea that "sounds like fun" results in a tragedy like this. When you see stories like this, you reflect on the similar decisions you have made that didn't end that way, and give thanks and pray your kids are as lucky as you were.

Prayer for the students family - and the guys who were with him. It will effect then for the rest of their lives.
    I'm not a parent but that's exactly what I was trying to convey. Good post.

vCash

Exactly. That kid looks a lot like my son, who is 19. I pray every day that he won't make stupid decisions and for God's protection. I'm hurting for this family.
    The Liberation will not be televised--- when it arrives like lightning in the skies!

vCash
    Prayers sent to the family! I frequently thank the Good Lord for his favor during my crazy times. The ladder of that dew soaked water tower could have easily been my demise.

vCash
    It's so sad that it has to come to this for them to stop letting people get up there. I'm a senior and they've been doing that since before I was in school... Prayers for the family.

Senior Member ScreenCaptureThis's Avatar
    vCash
    How do they get up there? From pictures I can't see a ladder on any side of the Jumbotron.

vCash

Couldn't have said it better.

vCash

Yes. Exactly. You nailed it. My son is a sophomore at MSU and hearing this awful news just brings it close to home. Awful news for the family and prayers go to them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreenCaptureThis View Post
    How do they get up there? From pictures I can't see a ladder on any side of the Jumbotron.
    I've never done it but know people that have. There is a door that is always unlocked that leads to a staircase to the top,

vCash
    My son sails on the high school team with the deceased's brother. Sweet, sweet family. I can't imagine the pain they are going through.

vCash
    Horrible.

Good thing we never did anything stupid, Brunswick. ****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonChoked View Post
    Horrible.

Good thing we never did anything stupid, Brunswick. ****
    No doubt. I had a flashback of almost falling from the trestle over the Tombigbee on a night time adventure after a night at The Club.

vCash

I puked off that bridge several times.......

nt
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)