Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash
    I haven't been able to drink the stuff since a trip to Mexico over ten years ago. Then I was introduced to Agavero. If you haven't tried it and you're a tequila guy, I encourage you to do so.

vCash
    Shining up my mint julep cups for the afternoon. Going to toss some bought off the dock shrimp on the barby this evening. Pics later.

vCash
    Bulliet Mint Julep in Sterling.

vCash
    Beautiful day for a beer on ship island.

vCash
    Any luck? You must be on the south side with the water like that

vCash
    Quick marinade of worchestershire and siracha - but not much so that the flavor wasn't overwhelmed. Basted with butter at the turn. Can't beat catching a shrimper offloading and grabbing a couple of pounds of 40s for $6 a pound. Even popped the heads off for me. Dinner slept in the river last night.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Any luck? You must be on the south side with the water like that
    That was actually on the North Side, near the West tip. Water looked great out there, especially after wading in GPT this morning. Didn't catch anything, but catfish out there, but that's what I was expecting. I did catch a few trout early in GPT.

vCash
    Bout to sit thorough Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Bout to sit thorough Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.

Doesn't count unless they have a laser show with it.

vCash
    BBQ chicken breasts, pineapple and corn on the cob on the grill for a late dinner. Elijah Craig and now some more Dale's Pale Ale to drink. A long, but great day today with some solo fishing, family beaching and eating/drinking.

vCash
    North Beach in BSL. Grilled platters

vCash
    I admire Beastman's willpower and he would probably scold me today. Copious amounts of pepper jack deer sausage, pork chops, chips, dip, wings, hot dogs, chicken legs, peanuts, Natty Light, etc in the outfield today. Capping it off at the hotel with more Natty, Diet Coke and blueberry Pop Tarts. Still hungry too.

vCash
    Went home this weekend for Mother's Day and let dad handle the cooking tonight. Crawfish pie sand twice baked potatoes.

vCash
    I had 2 easy eggs over toast, grits and corned beef hash for breakfast. Kinda what I do most mornings. Pretty boring, but it's quick.

Went fishing and set a few lines, and on the evening patrol I collected 4 decent catfish. I've got about 40 hooks out, so I might be busy in the morning. Got a deer backstrap thawing in the frige for tomorrow. Lots of possibilities. Open to suggestions.
    Last edited by jbjones; 05-07-2016 at 10:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Doesn't count unless they have a laser show with it.
    Lights - no lazers in the VBC....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    I admire Beastman's willpower and he would probably scold me today. Copious amounts of pepper jack deer sausage, pork chops, chips, dip, wings, hot dogs, chicken legs, peanuts, Natty Light, etc in the outfield today. Capping it off at the hotel with more Natty, Diet Coke and blueberry Pop Tarts. Still hungry too.
    Dude I'm a bread fanatic. When they brought out the bread with the seasoned olive oil, it was a tough. A beer would have been outstanding. I'll give myself a cocktail next weekend but I wanted to get 2 weeks by the rules before I cheated. My boat food tomorrow is tuna fish salad... Never done that before

vCash
    Do you like it there? I've been twice and had bad experiences both times. My in-laws love it and always want to go there. Bacchus is my first choice, but they don't like it so we usually compromise on Tripanis. Also, when is the last time you had the Hollywood buffet?

vCash
    Working on a big finish to a great weekend. I carved two TRi tip steaks out of my elk, and decided to break out the old kettle to grill these up. Made a mole sauce last weekend, and am working on turning part of it into a tomato based and mustard based BBQ sauce. These are the first two experimental batches.

ETA finished pics:

Last edited by SapperDawg; 05-08-2016 at 06:12 PM.

vCash
    Got a limit of reds today. I'm just getting back to the metro so I'll do a seperate report thread later. MIL's Mother's Day activities now

vCash
    Sapper - that is an impressive presentation.

Beast - nothing better than a haul of reds.

Wife wanted fillet tonight. So the girls got fillet, I got a t-bone, the boy got a pork chop (he doesn't like steak - I debate sometimes if he is mine). Filled up the Weber with twice baked potatoes topped with smoked Gouda and bacon, fresh squash and zucchini, and straight form the farm Vidalia onion roasted in foil with a bullion cube. Topped it off with my first Sam Adams Summer Ale of the year in my Sam Adams perfect Pilsner glass.