Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

vCash

Weekend Cooking & Drinking Thread

As y'all noticed 2 weeks ago when I did the cleanse, you'll notice this weekend I'm still dieting. I'm now doing a keto diet. Ole Beast Man needs to get back to his old self... This is today's breakfast and lunch. Breakfast was a 4 egg omelette (2 whole/ 2 white) w/ cheddar cheese and a link of deer sausage. Lunch was 10 oz of grilled chicken with saut?ed spinach. I'll be fishing Sunday so I'll have that report too...

vCash
    Pulled pork for lunch and dinner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I'm now doing a keto diet. ]
    Interesting....I listen to the Tim Ferris podcast, and he talks about this alot. Are you testing your urine with the strips to see if you are in ketosis or not?

Still working out the menu for the weekend, but I did start shooting a recurve bow.....liking it so far.

Picked up two new bottles over the last few weeks. Will post a review shortly.

Last edited by SapperDawg; 05-06-2016 at 05:18 PM.

vCash
    Got beef tenderloin marinading (olive oil, soy, salt, pepper, rosemary, garlic...just something I made up). Should I put it on the grill or do the hot iron skillet thing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SapperDawg View Post
    Interesting....I listen to the Tim Ferris podcast, and he talks about this alot. Are you testing your urine with the strips to see if you are in ketosis or not?

Still working out the menu for the weekend, but I did start shooting a recurve bow.....liking it so far.

Picked up two new bottles over the last few weeks. Will post a review shortly.

Put equal parts (give or take, your preference) of sweet vermouth with that rye whiskey and a dash of bitters, couple cubes of ice - kick ass manhattan.

vCash
    Not sure on dinner but my drink has been decided.

Last edited by reno hightower; 05-06-2016 at 05:13 PM.

vCash
    Still at work, hopefully be home for next weekend. Been able to catch some small tuna and had some sashimi last night. Watched a boat pull in a big sail fish this morning right after watching about a 30ft whale shark swim around. Ready to get back and do some cooking though. These threads kill me

vCash
    Dos Equis and a turkey sandwich on sour dough for lunch. Not cooking tonight, going out. Beef ribs on the egg tomorrow unless I go to the baseball game in Vegas. If I go to the game, it will probably be a late dinner at Anthonys on the way home. Last night was 18yr old El Dorado neat with a frozen chicken pot pie, gotta have priorities.

vCash
    Guess my pic via UrL didn't post.
    .hmm

Anyways, glass of blantons before tonight game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Ruckus View Post
    Still at work, hopefully be home for next weekend. Been able to catch some small tuna and had some sashimi last night. Watched a boat pull in a big sail fish this morning right after watching about a 30ft whale shark swim around. Ready to get back and do some cooking though. These threads kill me
    Dude, fresh sashimi sounds amazing. I'd be like a kid if I was seeing whale sharks and sailfish at work

vCash
    Cooked those two marinated 8 oz fillets in an iron skillet. First time to try that. Gas stove High heat, 2 minutes on top, 2 minutes on bottom, 2 minutes on each outside edge. They came out medium rare.

It's was the best steak I've ever cooked. I'll never grill steaks again. Because I like a little rarer than MR, next time I might do 1 min on the outside edges or skip that part.

Tried a Bell's Oberon beer. Wheat beer with some hops. Good flavors, way too filling or heavy. Back to tequila shortly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Cooked those two marinated 8 oz fillets in an iron skillet. First time to try that. Gas stove High heat, 2 minutes on top, 2 minutes on bottom, 2 minutes on each outside edge. They came out medium rare.

It's was the best steak I've ever cooked. I'll never grill steaks again. Because I like a little rarer than MR, next time I might do 1 min on the outside edges or skip that part.

Tried a Bell's Oberon beer. Wheat beer with some hops. Good flavors, way too filling or heavy. Back to tequila shortly.
    The cast iron sear method is tough to beat imo

vCash
    Seared elk eye of round medallion steaks served on cheese grits with sauteed field peas and a BBQ sauce reduction.

And my favorite beer of summer. Oh yea.

vCash
    The whale shark was a first. I had saw a while a few days earlier in the distance and assumed that's what it was. But then it came pretty close and I saw the spots. Ive seen a lot of sea life but that's up there with the coolest.

vCash
    Seared elk eye of round medallion steaks served on cheese grits with sauteed field peas and a BBQ sauce reduction.

And my favorite beer of summer. Oh yea.

If I ever open up a wild game restaurant, I'm cutting you in for menu development purposes...

Btw on the keto thing, I'm not doing strips but I can all but guarantee I'm in ketosis by what going in. I'm still lifting 4 days a week and my average day at work is 11k steps. I've never been able to do keto b/c I absolutely crash energy wise and get weak and miserable in the gym. This time, I'm supplementing with MCT oil and it's been a game changer. I don't feel carb depleted in the gym. Joe Rogan's podcast gave me enough info b/c he's doing keto and all the MCT oil talk was enough to get me reading about it and then try it.
    Last edited by BeastMan; 05-06-2016 at 07:42 PM.

vCash
    Chicken and veggies on the grill.

Grabbed a 6-pack of this at the store today and put it back for something else. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    If I ever open up a wild game restaurant, I'm cutting you in for menu development purposes...

Btw on the keto thing, I'm not doing strips but I can all but guarantee I'm in ketosis by what going in. I'm still lifting 4 days a week and my average day at work is 11k steps. I've never been able to do keto b/c I absolutely crash energy wise and get weak and miserable in the gym. This time, I'm supplementing with MCT oil and it's been a game changer. I don't feel carb depleted in the gym. Joe Rogan's podcast gave me enough info b/c he's doing keto and all the MCT oil talk was enough to get me reading about it and then try it.

Deal on the eat house.

Have you tried bullet-proof coffee to help with the crashes? I was making it diy style with coconut oil and grass fed butter for a while. Tastes fine, but I didn't stay with the program long enough.

vCash
    Deal on the eat house.

Have you tried bullet-proof coffee to help with the crashes? I was making it diy style with coconut oil and grass fed butter for a while. Tastes fine, but I didn't stay with the program long enough.
    MCT oil is basically refined coconut oil. Coconut oil is 60% MCTs (middle chain triglycerides). MCTs are the only fat that converts in your body into readily available energy. So it's basically the same thing. I'm using OnIt's emulsified MCT so it mixes with coffee or water effortlessly. I got all 3 flavored (Vanilla, coconut, and strawberry). I've done the vanilla exclusively in coffee, strawberry exclusively in water, and the coconut in both.

vCash
    It's another tequila sunrise.

Pass the Gatorade.

vCash
    It's another tequila sunrise.

Pass the Gatorade.
    Going hard in paint broseph. I like it