Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Danger of Lawsuits - Penn State edition

vCash

The Danger of Lawsuits - Penn State edition

A lesson for our friends up North -

The "other shoe" just dropped against PSU and Jo Pa - http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05...e_paterno.html
    http://deadspin.com/court-opinion-reveals-joe-paterno-reportedly-knew-of-je-1775014993
    PSU knew since 1976. Let that sink in OM. You never know what will turn up in the discover phase.

ETA - I hope those ****ers roast in hell for covering up that shit.
    Last edited by BrunswickDawg; 05-05-2016 at 08:23 PM.

vCash
    I swear I always thought there was something creepy about Joe Pa. I never could put my finger on it. All those years he was worshiped by the press I just couldn't do it. I guess gut feelings do sometimes turn out to be right.

vCash
    If there are statues of Paterno on campus, they need to come down. Now.

vCash
    All the pain, suffering, and embarrassment and those sick bastards covered it up all for the sake of football.

vCash
    yeah.. We can laugh at Ole Miss because its just football, but Penn State was heart of darkness stuff

vCash
    What they got from the NCAA wasn't nearly enough. That place should have been forever banned from the NCAA. If I was the NAIA I wouldn't have taken them either. Anytime some Big Ten homer starts up on the SEC just ask them why PSU is still a member.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostPositive View Post
    If there are statues of Paterno on campus, they need to come down. Now.
    Weren't they all (if there was more than one) removed shortly after the whole thing played out a few years ago?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I swear I always thought there was something creepy about Joe Pa. I never could put my finger on it. All those years he was worshiped by the press I just couldn't do it. I guess gut feelings do sometimes turn out to be right.
    What other then his 1960's looks, white short sleeve shirt, black tie, black shoes, greasy hair combed back like he's the lead singer for Sha Na Na, birth control glasses and a wind breaker to top it off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Weren't they all (if there was more than one) removed shortly after the whole thing played out a few years ago?
    Don't know if this happened...looks like it was off campus.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...e-pennsylvania

vCash
    That is just sickening
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    What other then his 1960's looks, white short sleeve shirt, black tie, black shoes, greasy hair combed back like he's the lead singer for Sha Na Na, birth control glasses and a wind breaker to top it off.
    I really don't know. I remember other guys that looked like him. They weren't that uncommon in the 70s. My unease with him dates to the 70s. It had nothing to do with Jackie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I really don't know. I remember other guys that looked like him. They weren't that uncommon in the 70s. My unease with him dates to the 70s. It had nothing to do with Jackie.
    He should have been put out to pasture years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    He should have been castrated years ago.
    FIFY
    The Plantation has never won an SEC regular season Championship in ANY men's sport with an integrated team. That defines irrelevance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    A lesson for our friends up North -

The "other shoe" just dropped against PSU and Jo Pa - http://www.pennlive.com/news/2016/05...e_paterno.html
    http://deadspin.com/court-opinion-re...-je-1775014993
    PSU knew since 1976. Let that sink in OM. You never know what will turn up in the discover phase.

ETA - I hope those ****ers roast in hell for covering up that shit.
    ...And to top it off, they had all their remaining punishments from all of that revoked this past year if I remember correctly. Sandusky was running a little boy sex ring through the university. It wasn't just 1 or 2 times, and it wasn't just Sandusky... of course Joe knew.

vCash
    yes, however, the NCAA withdrew some of the penalties and scholly reductions... Joe Pa supporters were already arranging to put the old statue back in place and add new ones....
    "It is not courage to resist TUSK; It is courage to accept TUSK."

No.

Easy there buddy. Tusk is...well Tusk is Tusk. Tireddawg 12.20.17

vCash
    Hummm, and this was the guy couldn't " leave college football in the hands of Jackie Sherrill"
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash
    yikes! this keeps gettin worse and worse....

http://deadspin.com/cnn-sandusky-vic...-dr-1775315000

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    yes, however, the NCAA withdrew some of the penalties and scholly reductions... Joe Pa supporters were already arranging to put the old statue back in place and add new ones....
    I don't know if the NCAA can impose sanctions because of criminal activity, or do they just punish violations of NCAA regs. I suspect it's the latter. If so, they pretty much have their hands tied ... they might like to lower the boom, but can't. I doubt there are any NCAA rules against running "little boy sex rings". Who would have ever anticipated the need?

vCash
    I don't know if the NCAA can impose sanctions because of criminal activity, or do they just punish violations of NCAA regs. I suspect it's the latter. If so, they pretty much have their hands tied ... they might like to lower the boom, but can't. I doubt there are any NCAA rules against running "little boy sex rings". Who would have ever anticipated the need?
    they (the NCAA) fined PSU $60 Mil over this....

No.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TUSK View Post
    yikes! this keeps gettin worse and worse....

http://deadspin.com/cnn-sandusky-vic...-dr-1775315000
    Could it be possible that Paterno found what the kid (doing the math, was 15 at the time) was telling him was so outlandish that he didn't believe him, and felt sure that he was trying to extort money from the University? Maybe. But it's difficult to believe that something like that could go on for over 40 years without Paterno and everybody else in the football program, and even the Penn State administration, not knowing about it, or at least suspect something deviant was going on.