Thread: Sewell-Thomas is not very impressive to me....

Banned
    vCash

Sewell-Thomas is not very impressive to me....

35 mil renovation and it's still a big concrete hunk with no open air concourse. Yes, I like the chair backs down close down the lines and the playground was helpful, but overall seemed like a facelift rather than a major renovation. Outfield terracing isn't a new idea or anything.

vCash
    Their backstop looks much better than
    Farm bureau university's

Banned
    vCash
    35 mil for a backstop and playground. Awesome.

I bet you just hate LSU's stadium. I mean that Tony's sign just ruins it, right?

vCash
    I didn't care for the tall netting going all the way down the line....made it really annoying to watch the game through it. And we were midway up and all the way at the end of the 1st baseline. Like the RF terrace and wish we'd put one in like it during this next renovation of DNF.

vCash
    I had the same thoughts this weekend. IT was nice I guess, but not 35 mil nice and the left field lounge attempt was pretty weak. also for all that money it just felt "bland". The place had no character. I hope when we redo the Dude we don't lose the character we have. It also didn't help that all the ushers there were complete dicks. Seriously you are worried about the kids going down to the fence between games to see the players? I just chalk all that up to the Alabama arrogance. Sorry we had more fans in your shiny new stadium than you did.

But on the positives the playground was nice.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bgover4 View Post
    I had the same thoughts this weekend. IT was nice I guess, but not 35 mil nice and the left field lounge attempt was pretty weak. also for all that money it just felt "bland". The place had no character. I hope when we redo the Dude we don't lose the character we have. It also didn't help that all the ushers there were complete dicks. Seriously you are worried about the kids going down to the fence between games to see the players? I just chalk all that up to the Alabama arrogance. Sorry we had more fans in your shiny new stadium than you did.

But on the positives the playground was nice.
    Agree, the OF overlooking the massive parking lot was sort of terrible. No trees or anything.

Banned
    vCash
    But, but, but, from the announcers EXACT words on the ESPNapp, that is the best place in College Baseball to play.....

Banned
    vCash
    They constantly say that crap about Ole Miss too and there is hardly anyone in the stands. All they show on TV is the outfield. I'm not sure if they are paid off or if they just don't understand what a real crowd is supposed to look like.

vCash
    I've never seen it but people who were there this weekend were very complimentary of the stadium.

It's ok for other people to have nice stuff too... And it still ain't the Dude!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I've never seen it but people who were there this weekend were very complimentary of the stadium.

It's ok for other people to have nice stuff too... And it still ain't the Dude!
    Hack, I hope we don't come across as just putting down their new stadium because its theirs. But just being as unbiased as I can, I just felt like there wasn't 35 mil worth of stadium there. I had been to the original and now the new one. It was a bit underwhelming in my opinion. Not that they shouldn't be proud of it but its nothing special and I felt like they got ripped off for the price.

vCash
    I thought the massive non-descript brick wall behind home plate looked really plain and kind of ugly. Even the placement of the SEC/Alabama placards seemed off and under-used. I thought the stadium looked a lot better at night though. I'm sure it's very nice.