Thread: When is Robson coming back?

Ever Been to Gloster?? cheewgumm's Avatar
    vCash

When is Robson coming back?

Nm....

vCash
    He took BP but won't play tonight. Hopefully he'll be back by the wknd? Who knows.

vCash
    He's swinging so that's a start. Still feeling pain though so he's going to need more time. We've gotten through the brutal part of our schedule so hopefully they can afford to take their time and just get him back into a rhythm before the SECT.

vCash
    When he comes back, do you put him in the two hole? I would not mess with Mangum.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    When he comes back, do you put him in the two hole? I would not mess with Mangum.
    I'd prefer to have Robson in the 2 hole also. My one gripe with Robson all season (before he got hurt) was that he struck out way too many times for a leadoff guy (mostly looking). Mangum is so much better as a contact hitter and because of that I think he sets the table better than Robson. With Robson in the 2 hole, we have a lot of options in the drag bunting game, and he is almost never going to hit into a DP when Mangum gets on ahead of him. But either way, it's a good problem to have. Right now our 2 hole has been the weak link in the lineup, so we should see improvement when Robson comes back no matter what Cohen decides to do.

vCash
    Cohen said this morning he hopes to have Robson back for the last 2 series and the stretch run. So I wouldn't look for him for another 2 weeks.

vCash
    It should be a no brainier ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mparkerfd20 View Post
    Cohen said this morning he hopes to have Robson back for the last 2 series and the stretch run. So I wouldn't look for him for another 2 weeks.
    Yep. He said it's been one step forward and two steps back. Not real encouraging right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    I'd prefer to have Robson in the 2 hole also. My one gripe with Robson all season (before he got hurt) was that he struck out way too many times for a leadoff guy (mostly looking). Mangum is so much better as a contact hitter and because of that I think he sets the table better than Robson. With Robson in the 2 hole, we have a lot of options in the drag bunting game, and he is almost never going to hit into a DP when Mangum gets on ahead of him. But either way, it's a good problem to have. Right now our 2 hole has been the weak link in the lineup, so we should see improvement when Robson comes back no matter what Cohen decides to do.
    I would have Robson batting lead off and let Mangum bring him home from first with a single down the right field line. Mangum is fast, but not Robson fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBacker View Post
    I would have Robson batting lead off and let Mangum bring him home from first with a single down the right field line. Mangum is fast, but not Robson fast.
    Mangum's home to first time is faster for what that's worth

vCash
    Mangum's home to first time is faster for what that's worth
    Yeah, mangum can fly. He isn't a good base stealer yet, but he will be by next season

vCash
    If it were me I would have Robson lead off and have Mangum hit second. We were doing that before and it was working. If they let Mangum lead off they need to let him steal bases more so he won't clog the bases in front of Robson. I also wonder if having Mangum lead off might negate some of Robson's bunting prowess because it will cause the first baseman to be closer to the bag with Mangum on first all the time.

Banned
    vCash
    Robson needs to lead off but he's coming off injury so bat him 9th till he's shown he's back to 100%. Can't have a cold hitter leading off during postseason play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Robson needs to lead off but he's coming off injury so bat him 9th till he's shown he's back to 100%. Can't have a cold hitter leading off during postseason play.
    That's probably how I would handle it to start with.